B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50
Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #91 of 109
Good insight. When I go out and try a new set of cans in the local store, I keep in my mind to listen for longer periods with different genres of music. Around 20-30 mins for each set. I think its also worth noting and keeping in perspective if the cans i'm auditioning were already burned in. I own B&2 P7 and i think they have a strong bass but compact nonetheless. In my opinion, the mids tend to roll off pretty quick as well. The fit is snug and although heavy, the leather cushion provides a really comfortable fit. I have heard really fantastic reviews of the NAD HP50, but i haven't tried it yet as I cant find a set here in the Philippines, so I can't really give out an opinion. Here's hoping it'd be available here soon.

There already is a seller of hp50 in Philippines: search and try techshop28. I already got one from them this xmas, for php12000.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #93 of 109
  I like the NAD/B&W P7, can anyone contrast them in SQ/sound signature to a basic modded Fostex T50rp?
(or the Focal Spirit Professional)

Not sure about a basic mod but I owned a ZMF Vibro for a while. The P7 has much more subbass presence and less mids. Soundstage similar size, both large for a closed headphone. The P7 lagged behind in naturalness and transparency.

May 26, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #94 of 109
Just can´t understand why? I´ve listened to´em twice, and it´s just a fact that MOMENTUM (and P7) sounds a lot better than NAD. Particularly when you pump up the volume = DANCE DANCE:wink:

May 26, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #95 of 109
  Just can´t understand why? I´ve listened to´em twice, and it´s just a fact that MOMENTUM (and P7) sounds a lot better than NAD. Particularly when you pump up the volume = DANCE DANCE:wink:

that just means you prefer a v-shaped sound signature over the more neutral presentation of the NAD. hard to talk about subjective bests when we all have difference sound signature preferences. when talking about 'best' ppl are generally referring to sound quality attributes (like detail retrieval, soundstage, imaging, speed... etc) + a neutral-orientated sound sig. when talking about how much a pair of headphones makes you want to dance, that usually depends on a bass quantity emphasis. v-shaped sound sigs are extremely fun & do make you wanna bustta move :wink:

I personally do think the P7 is a tad bit overpriced compared to the competition for what it brings to the table, but it is still a nice headphone. if you demoed it yourself & greatly enjoyed it, don't let other ppl's random opinions dissuade you.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #101 of 109
  Have you happened to listened to Beyerdyamic DT-770 Pro? How does the bass compare to these? I'm seriously torn between DT-770 and HP50 :frowning2:

Sorry for posting repeatedly. I'm new on here

I havent heard the DT770, but I think their comparable to my D2000. Strong slamming bass, recessed mids, and sharp highs.  And thing is, I bought the D2000 coz I found the HP50's balanced sound signature to be boring.  The NADs are still great all-rounders, but a V-shaped sound signature will sound better with modern, lively music.  If you want warm, balanced, all-rounder, get HP50.  If you want more bassy and exciting sound, get DT770.  If youre like me, get them both :)

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #103 of 109

I havent heard the DT770, but I think their comparable to my D2000. Strong slamming bass, recessed mids, and sharp highs.  And thing is, I bought the D2000 coz I found the HP50's balanced sound signature to be boring.  The NADs are still great all-rounders, but a V-shaped sound signature will sound better with modern, lively music.  If you want warm, balanced, all-rounder, get HP50.  If you want more bassy and exciting sound, get DT770.  If youre like me, get them both :)

Are the HP50s musical to your ears, if not compared to DT770 or other headphones? How does rock, pop and female vocals perform on the HP50s? Is the bass hard-hitting, textured and deep enough? When it comes to bass I really don't care much for quantity, instead I look for quality.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #104 of 109
Are the HP50s musical to your ears, if not compared to DT770 or other headphones? How does rock, pop and female vocals perform on the HP50s? Is the bass hard-hitting, textured and deep enough? When it comes to bass I really don't care much for quantity, instead I look for quality.

If quality matters most, then hp50 it is. Like I said, they are great all rounders and can handle all genres very well. They're punchy and fast, no lingering note that muddles the song. In my opinion, the hp50 is the top closed portable can in the $300 range:
no bass roll off (unlike mdr-1r)
No bass bloat (unlike momentum)
no recessed midrange (unlike m100)
no sibilant highs (unlike p7)
good isolation (unlike l1)

The only thing you have to worry about are:
comfort - make sure it fits your head
Looks - mind the pot holder of a headband
Build - they creak on slight head movements

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #105 of 109

I owned both. I sold both. For me, the sound signature on the NADS was superior to the P7s. The fit of the NADS didn't cut it. The cups were too shallow and my ears pressed against the drivers. As for the P7s, I found them to have a nasty push in the lower treble that I just couldn't abide. For a closed can, I've found the Shure 1540s to be a good balance of fit and sound. They also push the lower treble, but it doesn't "spike" like the P7s. Oddly, within a month, both of the supplied jacks broke. Shure replaced the jacks but made me pay for shipping of the defective parts. I consider that less than optimal customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back