B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Apr 12, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #571 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4 post in one day since joining, and one of them, was a need to question an admin's motives. Good start.

Meh.. life's too short. Let it go.

Anyways, I did answer your question as to the source, and all you replied with was an answer my original post, while ignoring my second post, and the only thing you added was to correct my spelling.

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #572 of 702
Quote:

If you don't care about looks, the Sennheiser HD25-1-II sound better, isolate better, and are even more portable, and are basically indestructible.

alas... I care.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #573 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't care about looks, the Sennheiser HD25-1-II sound better, isolate better, and are even more portable, and are basically indestructible.

I think the senns are also $100 cheaper.
I have to hear both again with my own stuff.

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #574 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2 and easier to do a cable upgrade that yields masses.
Sceptre

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #575 of 702
Are the HD25s better sounding with the stock steel cable than the P5s? Is this because the senns isolate more (allowing you to hear more detail in noisy environments) or because they simply sound better in any environment? Also, how do the two compare for comfort? How long can each be worn before they become uncomfortable? Thanks.

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #576 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Ok I will retire permanently from the thread...

One of the best posts in this thread -- Hope this one turns out to be true.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #577 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by fella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alas... I care.

Can't see 'em when they're on your head
icon10.gif

I for one am very interested in trying the HD 25-1 IIs. The P5s, not at all.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #578 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by fella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alas... I care.

Then be warned - the HD25 are one ugly headphone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the senns are also $100 cheaper.
I have to hear both again with my own stuff.

Yep - they are indeed cheaper - money saved by not caring about aesthetics, no doubt
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 and easier to do a cable upgrade that yields masses.
Sceptre

Also quite true - and it's an important upgrade to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangermouse2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the HD25s better sounding with the stock steel cable than the P5s? Is this because the senns isolate more (allowing you to hear more detail in noisy environments) or because they simply sound better in any environment? Also, how do the two compare for comfort? How long can each be worn before they become uncomfortable? Thanks.

Good point about the steel cable - my comments relate to the sound with the stock HD650 cable, but you can get one of those plus the HD25 for still less $$$ than the P5. And they "simply sound better" as you put it (again IMO of course).

At least for me, neither offers a great deal in terms of comfort - both are slightly uncomfortable to wear for long periods. But that may just be that I do not find any on-ear (versus around-the-ear) headphones comfortable.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #579 of 702
So will you be keeping them Skylab?
And will you be doing a formal review? I'd really like to hear what like and dislike about them.

I love them, think they sound fantastic, and while my views wont change i would love to hear from someone with such experience.

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #580 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnsworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So will you be keeping them Skylab?
And will you be doing a formal review? I'd really like to hear what like and dislike about them.

I love them, think they sound fantastic, and while my views wont change i would love to hear from someone with such experience.

Funny you should ask:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...7/#post6553121

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #581 of 702
Just read it, great review as always. Too bad they didn't fit your fancy.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #582 of 702
Quote:

Just read it, great review as always. Too bad they didn't fit your fancy.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
You have the D1001K - I'm curious - what do you think about theP5 vs. 1001K?

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #583 of 702
Well its funny, the D1001's have better soundstage, better transparency and better clarity but for some reason i prefer the P5's hands down. There is just something about the sound that's magical to me. They dont do everything right and not all songs sound good but most of the time i find myself craving more. There are some songs like Supertramp's "School" that, when listening on the P5's, literally make me smile.
icon10.gif

I think that after months listening primarily to my K702's i have developed a need for for something warmer and more colored.

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #584 of 702
Quote:

Well its funny, the D1001's have better soundstage, better transparency and better clarity but for some reason i prefer the P5's hands down. There is just something about the sound that's magical to me. They dont do everything right and not all songs sound good but most of the time i find myself craving more. There are some songs like Supertramp's "School" that, when listening on the P5's, literally make me smile.
icon10.gif

I think that after months listening primarily to my K702's i have developed a need for for something warmer and more colored.

Perfectly reasonable
biggrin.gif

Thanks - I appreciate the comparison.

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #585 of 702
I checked these out at the apple store with my grado 325is on my noggin. One of the geniuses there were like dude, nice phones. I was like thanks. He asked me to check out the b&w's so i did. Took me only a few minutes to be like... wow. compared to my grados these suck. Warm as hell, very muddled bass imho and weak on the high end's. I only listened to a few tracks but ill definitely stick with my grados. For about the same money you get a much better sound. I don't need pretty, i need great sound. Granted, my grados aren't sold as "portable" but mine go with me everywhere =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back