B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Apr 11, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #556 of 702
A little bit off topic, but has anyone tried this, to enhance soundstage, and maybe the rolled-off highs?
smily_headphones1.gif
It may be worth a try (I found that only yesterday...)
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/gu...ur-dap-475072/

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #557 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by justpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, 1st post.

Also, just for the record, Gorgonmusic, these guys are right. You're such a fanboy (I'm a huge B&W Fanboy too fyi- which is why I bought these sight un-seen, and all my speakers are B&Ws) that you create a lot of noise and make this thread less useful (and you may be turning quite a few people off).. although no one denies your right to do so. :p

Lastly, I listen to rock/pop/classic rock/classical/alternative/retro.. and do not consider myself an audiophile (hence the lack of detailed review).

lol jab at me to let the masses kno you are cool! smart social advancement technique.. lol humans must do what they must right
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #558 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First impression at the Apple store today.....
I didnt like the sound of the B&Ws. Ill have to hear them again with my own equipment, being they were attached to a stupid iphone plug that wont work on normal 3.5mm jacks.

Theyre not worth $300usd. Maybe $75-100 , possibly.

Ill have to try them again to be sure, but thats my first impression.

They were comfortable. I dont know how someone would change the pads, but they felt ok, and blocked some noise in the store. Highs rolled off, sound didnt project....it sounded like the sound didnt leave the ear-cups much.
I think even with a better test with my own equipment, i still wouldnt pay $300 for phones didnt sound any better than my $49 Sony NC6 at first listen.

I expected alot more from a highend company like B&W.

I was trying to think of a way to discribe this post and I came up with it: "anti-fanboy post" clearly a post purely contrary to the reality of the p5s but typed with such passion that the weak minded willl have no choice but to be influenced ... lol well done

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #560 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was trying to think of a way to discribe this post and I came up with it: "ani-fanboy post" clearly a post purely contrary to the reality of the p5s but typed with such passion that the weak minded willl have no choice but to be influenced ... lol well done

Where is that 'ignore' button?

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #561 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gorgonmusic, I think you do a better job of putting people off these headphones than anyone else could.

How by saying how i find them to be sooo great even though the P5s are not a member of the "loved and respected models group" on here and, while not having enough built up social status on here to make such bold claims?

Logic like that is typical for most generically minded humans so im not going to act surprised. lol

All i have said is that i find the P5s to be the perfect choice for me due to great looks and sound.

There are many "respected" senior members on here in this thread that have louder more influential voices than mine who disagree and make it known in great detail! They think P5s are not that good and they would not choose them etc. we agree to disagree but continue to state our positions, such is life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is that 'ignore' button?

I found it and used it on you ol chap...lol bye!

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #563 of 702
this is getting ridiculous. I've been lurking this thread cause I got a pair, definitely like them a lot though I might try something else in the 14 day period. They just have everything I want right now (sound that appeals to me, portability, style, comfort, some isolation.)

But I do want to read comparisons and opinions and GORGON just stop man, just disappear, its a wonder I still bought these. Rather than focus on deciding how these rate you've turned the thread into "convince gorgon they didn't descend from heaven when the clouds parted."

Yes, this is a "human" reaction. I will not apologize for my species designation.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #564 of 702
Quote:

lol jab at me to let the masses kno you are cool! smart social advancement technique.. lol humans must do what they must right
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not a 'social advancement technique', it was just an observation from a neutral perspective. You're the loudest on this topic, but contribute the least. Rather than allowing a useful discussion to occur, you've been de-railing every post. It makes it hard to extract any useful info, and ruins any momentum with regards to a more critical, balanced conversation. I joined the forum *despite* your... existence. And, if there were an ignore button, I would probably use it. Just saying!
beyersmile.png

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #566 of 702
Anyways I'm loving these. From all the research I did they really hit a sweet spot between sound, looks comfort and portability. They sounded different but equal imo to esw9s and are much more legitimately portable. A lot of people seem to be looking for something purpose built as an unamped, on-the-go headphone , rather than dj or monitor equipment.

The "clamping" people described is something I'm giving myself time to get used to. I don't think about it AT ALL when I take them out and am on the go, its only when I sit at home listening to them, which I'll probably stop doing once the new toy novelty wares off and I return to my great speakers.

The sound, though I'm new to all of this, is blowing me away compared to the cheap stuff I'm used to. I was pretty much loving almost everything I heard (except the dre beats) in the over 200 dollar range so I guess I'm an easy date. My headphones thus far have been sens pmx60 bought for jogging and the gym.

The two genres that impress me the most have been acoustic music such as Dylan and electronic/downtempo like massive attack and bonobo sounds really deep and full.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #567 of 702
Quote:

I was trying to think of a way to discribe this post and I came up with it: "anti-fanboy post" clearly a post purely contrary to the reality of the p5s but typed with such passion that the weak minded willl have no choice but to be influenced ... lol well done

Im not against B&W or its fanboys.
I like B&W speakers actually, and its connected company,Rotel.
I have a Rotel CD player in my home system, and i was looking at B&W and Paradigm speakers actually. My dream speakers are Gallo Nucleus Reference 3.1 , B&W 800 w/diamond tweeters, and Magnepan MG20.1 .

I really wanted to like the B&W headphones, and i was disapointed,...but i also told the conditions of my first listen to them and said i would give them another shot under better conditions, but until then my decision stands, and that was said because of a comment posted about my opinion, which i have a right to actually.

You accuse me of a divisive post using reverse psychology to get people to have a bad opinion of a product , when actually youre more pompous and judgmental than i will ever be divisive, and if anything i think youre being divisive.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #568 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wanted to like the B&W headphones, and i was disapointed,...

are you aware of other phones equally portable, equally isolating, with as good or better sq? I don't ask to argue, I ask because if so I should try'm in the next 13 days.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #569 of 702
If you don't care about looks, the Sennheiser HD25-1-II sound better, isolate better, and are even more portable, and are basically indestructible.

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #570 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by justpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather than picking on my spelling, what about the amp question?

I wasn't picking on your spelling, just pointed out how a word is commonly misspelled. If you really felt like I was picking on your spelling, then I am truly sorry, I followed it up with asking you want kind of source you were currently using. If you truly feel that my main point in my post was to correct your spelling, then I am really sorry, That was not my intention, we all spell words wrong in our postings.
I had a sophomore professor who told me, that if you could spell properly at the chalkboard, that you couldn't be a good engineer...I'll never forget it. I just don't think that it was important enough to chastise me in your post. You could have just let it go. Life is too short and I was trying to help you out. There's 2 ways of looking at everything.
4 post in one day since joining, and one of them, was a need to question an admin's motives. Good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back