Australian Headphone Retailers and Reputations [LISTING]
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #46 of 171
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #47 of 171

I bought an amp from Wicked Digital.. Great price.. Good communication. Would purchase from him again.

Rgds..Room

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #48 of 171

Quote:

Stumbled across them myself just before they closed. Their manager was pretty awesome. They offered to essentially give me a room, make me a coffee and let me test it for as long as I cared. Which I'll probably take them up on. I'd hate to make things awkward if I decided I didn't want to purchase it on the day. I'll make sure they're cool without before ring back up and making an audition date. They're pushing the Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear with the HD800s though. An extra grand on top isn't what i'm looking for, and I think that'll make them sour.

Also, is the Black Cube the amp that inspired the M-stage or the Heed Canamp?

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #49 of 171
Don't forget minidisc.com.au

And to an extent, Noisymotel.com

BTW Headphonic is the most reputable store, as they've got the most 'solid' roots. But Addicted2Audio will be changing that soon. They're new, but they're taking the scene by storm.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #50 of 171
Lehmann Black cube. Defo.

Quote:
Stumbled across them myself just before they closed. Their manager was pretty awesome. They offered to essentially give me a room, make me a coffee and let me test it for as long as I cared. Which I'll probably take them up on. I'd hate to make things awkward if I decided I didn't want to purchase it on the day. I'll make sure they're cool without before ring back up and making an audition date. They're pushing the Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear with the HD800s though. An extra grand on top isn't what i'm looking for, and I think that'll make them sour.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #52 of 171

Quote:

That would be the Matrix M Stage, the pictures tell the story

Matrix M Stage

Lehmann Black Cube

Speaking of amps ~ if anyone is bored, feel free to read my blockbuster
Fiio E9 review at Addicted to Audio today ~ I was busting my hump
all day to get the facts on that thing 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/582916/fiio-e9-the-big-users-guide-the-8-x-headphone-round-up-how-does-yours-stack-up-with-the-e9-pictures-inside#post_7930367

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #55 of 171
+1 for Headphonic. Their forums are also a lot more informative than Head-Fi typically is, too.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #56 of 171
+1 for Addicted to Audio and all the staff there, fantastic service, store and product range.
I bought an Arcam rDac and Violectric V90 from them today after countless emails back and forth over the last couple of months (yes I'm indecisive :p)
I was pleasantly surprised to find how nicely the Arcam stacks on the V90 (which is shorter than the v100/200 ranges) and more than pleasantly surprised about how it sounds. :D
Happy fun times ahead!

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #57 of 171

Quote:
+1 for Addicted to Audio and all the staff there, fantastic service, store and product range.
I bought an Arcam rDac and Violectric V90 from them today after countless emails back and forth over the last couple of months (yes I'm indecisive :p)
I was pleasantly surprised to find how nicely the Arcam stacks on the V90 (which is shorter than the v100/200 ranges) and more than pleasantly surprised about how it sounds. :D
Happy fun times ahead!

I had to ask ~ so do you feel the Ms Pro's have upscaled nicely out of the V90?!

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #58 of 171
I wouldn't call it great value considering I picked up the phones for the same price as the amp (bit over 500) but that's audio for you, the best thing about the amp is that I can power more headphones now obviously if I choose to upgrade. The differences are there (detail, clarity and something which I didn't expect- dynamic range) but it is hard to pick whether they are mostly from the dac or amp- my bet would be that it is more so the dac.
Did you find your grados to upscale with your v200? 

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #59 of 171

Quote:
I wouldn't call it great value considering I picked up the phones for the same price as the amp (bit over 500) but that's audio for you, the best thing about the amp is that I can power more headphones now obviously if I choose to upgrade. The differences are there (detail, clarity and something which I didn't expect- dynamic range) but it is hard to pick whether they are mostly from the dac or amp- my bet would be that it is more so the dac.
Did you find your grados to upscale with your v200? 

There was a big change for me from the locally made Counterpoint solid state ($399 on Audiophile's website)
to the V200 - dynamically much more impactful, not as forward on the V200 and just a hint of warmth to
smooth out the occasional sharp track. A smidge more detail but the Counterpoint was fairly clean
in that sense. Made all the difference though.

See how a warm pair of headphones sound through your rig sometime like a W1000X, HD650 or LCD2.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #60 of 171
Headphonic have been flawless in both my transactions with them (Burson amp and T1s). 

Clef Hifi in Melbourne are good but they only sell Sennheiser and B&W cans. I've only bought speaker gear from them and Nick down there is very nice to deal with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back