Australian Headphone Retailers and Reputations [LISTING]
Nov 26, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #31 of 171

Quote:

Why isn't JB HiFi on the list. :p

biggrin.gif
 The staff there knows nothing about headphones + overpriced + lack of headphones. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #32 of 171

You never know, it could all change with JB Hi-Fi ~ personal audio is picking up steam

Article in 'Melbourne Weekly' last issue on 'the benefits of a decent set of iems or headphones' the piece was
more or less paid for by Bowers and Wilkins :)

Still, if the masses want range and quality then they have shown in the past that they can source the appropriate
gear.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #33 of 171

Quote:

You never know, it could all change with JB Hi-Fi ~ personal audio is picking up steam

Article in 'Melbourne Weekly' last issue on 'the benefits of a decent set of iems or headphones' the piece was
more or less paid for by Bowers and Wilkins :)

Still, if the masses want range and quality then they have shown in the past that they can source the appropriate
gear.

True, but I don't think this generation cares too much about sound quality. 80% of the people I know doesn't care about headphones / IEMs, 18% cares only about fashionable ones (aka Beats), 2% are audiophiles.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #34 of 171

That's true, except for the lack of headphones part, I counted 46 headphones available for listening demo, at least twice that for sale, and lots of IEM's but no high-end ones, Klipsch X10, Sony EX310 and TDK EB900 were the best ones I saw.

Most of the headphones are the plasticky low-end type, but they do have the Sennheiser HD25-II and a couple models like that.

They will probably price match other stores if you ask them to, I've heard they're quite flexible there, depends on the product I guess, for example they mark up their speakers a lot.

For the high-end portable audio locally I only know of Addictedtoaudio and Jaben Australia, and they both seem like very positive retailers to me.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #35 of 171

Quote:

That's true, except for the lack of headphones part, I counted 46 headphones available for listening demo, at least twice that for sale, and lots of IEM's but no high-end ones, Klipsch X10, Sony EX310 and TDK EB900 were the best ones I saw.

Most of the headphones are the plasticky low-end type, but they do have the Sennheiser HD25-II and a couple models like that.

They will probably price match other stores if you ask them to, I've heard they're quite flexible there, depends on the product I guess, for example they mark up their speakers a lot.

For the high-end portable audio locally I only know of Addictedtoaudio and Jaben Australia, and they both seem like very positive retailers to me.

Price matching at JB Hifi / Dick Smith is a pain. They won't price match online retailers and most retailers in Australia go by the retail price. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #36 of 171

Quote:

Next time you're down at A2A or Jaben, I'd be interested to hear your views on the Furutech ADL Cruise ~ I loved it last time I heard it, initially I've always
 been a 'serious desktop' guy :) The Fostex HP-P1 for example never set my world on fire ~ but this little amp is so clean sounding.

I noticed that Marcus at Headphonic has got it in stock too. Not the most powerful thing out there but in terms of quality amplification for non demanding
 cans - it's a winner in my book.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #37 of 171
Im not sure that I would give Wicked Digital a positive feedback. But when I was trying to return my Shure SE215s I got a bit of resistance and the guy's emails were bordering on rude.

If they had a good price I would buy from them again, but I wont call my experience a positive one.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #38 of 171

Quote:
Im not sure that I would give Wicked Digital a positive feedback. But when I was trying to return my Shure SE215s I got a bit of resistance and the guy's emails were bordering on rude.

If they had a good price I would buy from them again, but I wont call my experience a positive one.

Ouch, thanks for giving us a brief warning about them.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #40 of 171
I am a regular on the Headphonic forum and have bought from them twice (DACmagic + M-Stage; AD700), everything regarding them is great.

I've also bought from Josh at Jaben Australia (MS1000) and he's great too, also good to talk to.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #41 of 171
Really keen to try out the new CA DACMagic Plus that some sites listed a few days ago. Anyone know if A2A (or any other retailer) do home trials? Seems less painful to cop shipping and restocking fees than the loss incurred through buying and selling (damn low-ballers
mad.gif
).

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #42 of 171

Quote:
Really keen to try out the new CA DACMagic Plus that some sites listed a few days ago. Anyone know if A2A (or any other retailer) do home trials? Seems less painful to cop shipping and restocking fees than the loss incurred through buying and selling (damn low-ballers
mad.gif
).

I'd shoot George an email ~ he's currently looking into trials but nothing is definite as yet ~ cannot hurt to ask in any case.

I believe the DacMagic+ landed late last week.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #43 of 171

Quote:
Definite kudos to Jaben.  Josh has allowed me to try before I've bought (which has involved shipping all the way to NZ).  He's been very fair with both pricing and payment.  Can't fault Jaben's service so far.

I wish they'd show such service in their Singapore branch. 

Sry for going off-topic. Rock on Oz!! I luv australians, and their accents. 

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #44 of 171
Quote:
 Next time you're down at A2A or Jaben, I'd be interested to hear your views on the Furutech ADL Cruise ~ I loved it last time I heard it, initially I've always
 been a 'serious desktop' guy :) The Fostex HP-P1 for example never set my world on fire ~ but this little amp is so clean sounding.

That amp was at the Tokyo meet too - http://www.head-fi.org/t/578899/headphone-festival-2011-in-tokyo-october-29th-2011-pictorial-bandwidth-warning

I'll check it out sometime, it looks nice. I liked the amp section of the HP-P1 but I'm not an iDevices person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back