Australian Headphone Retailers and Reputations [LISTING]
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #17 of 171
Bought from Headphonic twice (K701/T1), both times were good
Bought from Addicted to Audio once (DT1350), also good

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 171
You need a really clever custom polling tool or script Nikp ~ otherwise you'll be calling this a second noting job for
the next eternity or two! 
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #20 of 171

Quote:
You need a really clever custom polling tool or script Nikp ~ otherwise you'll be calling this a second noting job for
the next eternity or two! 
wink.gif

Good idea but once you make a poll, you can't add anymore options. I then have to remove the poll and start over from the beginning. I guess I'll update the thread once a month or so. 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #21 of 171
5 stars for A2A, I bought from them 3 times, and overnight shipping with AAE for free....
eek.gif
  you don't normally see that around, do you?
As for Headphonic, I always go to their shop, so no idea about their shipping quality. But they do allow you to return stuff, so 5 stars.
For Wicked Digital, they use registered post which takes up to a week, so 4 stars only hehe

www.crazysales.com.au this is a Hong Kong based website, I stumbled upon it looking for Audio Technica, which they stock at decent prices. Shipping cost a bit but fast. I bought a pair of AD1000 back in March for $270 + $23 shipping, and it arrived 4 days later. I would have to pay $410 from the other 3 Aussie stores.

www.gimmedigi.com another HK based online store, got a pair of Sony XB700 for $86 + $18 shipping. They were out of stock for a whole freaking month, but once in stock it arrived 2 days after shipping.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 171
Another big +1 for headphonic. I've bought a number of things of them over the years and most recently was given an extremely generous deal on a combination of Corda Swing amp and Cambridge Audio DACmagic. Fast shipping (free if you just want regular) and an extremely reasonable returns policy (not that I've ever had to use it). 

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #23 of 171

Quote:
5 stars for A2A, I bought from them 3 times, and overnight shipping with AAE for free....
eek.gif
  you don't normally see that around, do you?
As for Headphonic, I always go to their shop, so no idea about their shipping quality. But they do allow you to return stuff, so 5 stars.
For Wicked Digital, they use registered post which takes up to a week, so 4 stars only hehe

www.crazysales.com.au this is a Hong Kong based website, I stumbled upon it looking for Audio Technica, which they stock at decent prices. Shipping cost a bit but fast. I bought a pair of AD1000 back in March for $270 + $23 shipping, and it arrived 4 days later. I would have to pay $410 from the other 3 Aussie stores.

www.gimmedigi.com another HK based online store, got a pair of Sony XB700 for $86 + $18 shipping. They were out of stock for a whole freaking month, but once in stock it arrived 2 days after shipping.

Thanks for the suggestions Nick01, but this thread is Australian exclusive (No HK based stores/websites).

Quote:
Another big +1 for headphonic. I've bought a number of things of them over the years and most recently was given an extremely generous deal on a combination of Corda Swing amp and Cambridge Audio DACmagic. Fast shipping (free if you just want regular) and an extremely reasonable returns policy (not that I've ever had to use it). 

beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #25 of 171

Quote:

Hi, I bought a guitar from crazysales.com.au and it arrived in 2 days from a local warehouse in Melbourne.

Shipping was about $12.

Let me straighten things up first. I did mention that this thread is a guide for Australians who want to shop locally and support local businesses + it is headphone related. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 171
Here's a heads-up ~ has anyone visited a 'Volume' store as yet in Melbourne?

Spoke to another bloke on here who has checked them out ~ reckons the pricing is pretty crazy ~ as in $649 for a HD650 when everyone else
has dropped the price to $499.

HD800 available but they don't have much in the way of amplifiers...Hmmmm.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #28 of 171

Quote:
Let me straighten things up first. I did mention that this thread is a guide for Australians who want to shop locally and support local businesses + it is headphone related. 
smily_headphones1.gif

What? You and Nick01 said crazysales.com.au is HK based, I am pointing out I bought a heavy product from them for $12 shipping and had it delivered within Victoria in 2 days, so I was under the impression they're locally operated.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #29 of 171

Quote:
Here's a heads-up ~ has anyone visited a 'Volume' store as yet in Melbourne?

Spoke to another bloke on here who has checked them out ~ reckons the pricing is pretty crazy ~ as in $649 for a HD650 when everyone else
has dropped the price to $499.

HD800 available but they don't have much in the way of amplifiers...Hmmmm.

10 minutes drive from my place. I'll check them out when I'm at Shoppingtown. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back