Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #2,808 of 3,454
So very shortly I'll be able to A-B a fully 'burned in' pair of Rockets to fresh ones with mic. I doubt there will be any difference what so ever, but I will report if there is. 

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #2,809 of 3,454
Hmm. I went Comply Foam because while the seal on the stock tips is nice, it's a bit much, and creates a noticeable and annoying (to me) vacuum. Also sound isolation was never very good, but I never had an issue with the sound itself from the stock tips.

But as others have said, which tips you will like will depend almost completely on your own ear anatomy and sound preference.

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,810 of 3,454
I'm not so sure I can hang with the Ety-like design...deep-insertion IEMs may not be for me. I love the sound of these, but the fit just feels a bit intrusive and I haven't gotten used to it yet. I may try to get ahold of aftermarket tips that allow for shallower placement. No puns, please
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,812 of 3,454
I'm not so sure I can hang with the Ety-like design...deep-insertion IEMs may not be for me. I love the sound of these, but the fit just feels a bit intrusive and I haven't gotten used to it yet. I may try to get ahold of aftermarket tips that allow for shallower placement. No puns, please :wink: .

UE900 sliicone tips allow a shallow fit for me too, so the treble gets the same benefit of the TS Comply. I just prefer the leaner upper bass of the Comply.

The Rockets already have a very smooth sound, and I find the Comply TS tips take the punch out too much. To me the small Hifiman RE double flanges give just the right balance of body and clarity.

Agreed that Comply take out a bit of upper and mid bass warmth and punch. But it makes deeper bass stand out more to me, so it fits my preferences more. Funny how such small changes can drastically change how one feels about the sound.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #2,818 of 3,454
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone experiences an issue with intermittent low level electrical static/crackling noise on the right side when plugged into an iDevice (both iPhone and iPad) or a Macbook on the mic version of the Rockets.

I just received the Kickstarter mic version.  I have not tried it for long on a "normal" headphone jack but for the brief time I tried I did not hear such sound.  Therefore I suspect it has to do with the extra wiring for the mic ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back