Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #2,791 of 3,454
Whether a particular tip works or not is mostly dependent upon ear anatomy.  What works for one person will most likely not necessarily work for another, no? 

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #2,792 of 3,454
I just updated the tips thread after doing a search of this thread - 10 on the list so far with most being available online (only the FAD/AKR01 tips seem to be unavailable, though I didn't search ebay for those).

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #2,793 of 3,454

I'm really happy for you. I was actually waiting to see if you'd still carry through with your sale plan once you got them.

If you want your jaw to drop, check out Miles Davis' "So What" with the rockets. Best frickin timbre I've heard to date, and the drums/snares make the drummer in me want to cry. 

I'd recommend trying them out with Comply TS-500s, or T-500 with the foam ends cut off. It will reveal some glorious bass. I think the highly isolating sealed nature of the Rockets may work against it somewhat at the low end, since the internal ear pressure will not allow your eardrum to vibrate as freely when using silicone tips. Foamies seal via only occlusion, so the vacuum effect is negated. This, to me creates the ultimate sound for the Rockets.

Okay dammit just ordered some TS-500. I'm expecting my mind to be 100% blown. :p

Eke you magnificent person. These. Sound. Amazing. 

Using the large reversed Ts-500 Comply. Lets me get a very shallow, very comfortable fit. Treble has taken absolutely no hit. By reversing the tips and getting a shallower fit, I think treble might even be slightly more present. So far these seem to be the best tips I've used on the Rockets by a long shot. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #2,794 of 3,454
Eke you magnificent person. These. Sound. Amazing. 

Using the large reversed Ts-500 Comply. Lets me get a very shallow, very comfortable fit. Treble has taken absolutely no hit. By reversing the tips and getting a shallower fit, I think treble might even be slightly more present. So far these seem to be the best tips I've used on the Rockets by a long shot. 

:cool: I'm trying this sorcery tonight. Are the differences above compared to Senn biflanges?

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #2,795 of 3,454
I think those are the same type of (denser foam?) Complys that came with my KEF M200. Well, maybe not, as I tried putting them on in reverse but there was a lot of resistance so I stopped. Wearing them standard orientation now, and there doesn't seem to be much excess foam at the tip - at least not that I can feel.

Isolation be cray cray.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #2,796 of 3,454
cool.gif
I'm trying this sorcery tonight. Are the differences above compared to Senn biflanges?

Yes compared to the Senn biflanges. The inner barrel of the Complys are longer, so the fit is shallower, hence the nice treble (to my ears anyway). Isolation is much improved as well, as is fit stability, if that makes sense. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,797 of 3,454
Hey everybody- I've had the chance to test drive Aurisonics for the past week, I've used them as my daily. Here's my 2 cents.
Build wise they're insane, the housings are tough and tiny, and you can basically fit the entire housing into your ear canal if you're so inclined. The housings are machined titanium, they look great, and they’re sturdy. For me the cable is a little short, I'm used to a 64" cable so the 46" from Aurisonics feels a little like a leash, the cable is tough and there's very little noise transfer from movement of the cable. The 5.1mm dynamic driver has great sound, as good as I've heard from any single driver IEM, The soundstage is well represented and feels accurate. They're pretty flat sounding, the lows are present and punchy but not overwhelming, vocals are clear, upper frequencies are not sharp. I don’t feel like anything gets masked or covered, there is a lot of detail across the entire spectrum. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #2,798 of 3,454
OK, turns out I already had some T-500s all this time and I've been trying them out for a bit(reversed). Seems to lessen the midbass down a smidgen resulting in an equal smidgen of subbass boost. Slightly less weight to vocals. Not really better sounding IMO, just different.

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #2,799 of 3,454
  Whether a particular tip works or not is mostly dependent upon ear anatomy.  What works for one person will most likely not necessarily work for another, no? 

Right on, Jeff.  It is so crucial to figure out what tips work best in your own ears.  That said, a larger percentage of Aurisonics customers seem to have issues with the stock tips (Rockets and the ASG series alike).  Aurisonics tell me they are working on new tips, but no time line for completion.  

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,803 of 3,454
I would like to see them design a tip that snaps into place it would fit there indestructible design. I can't count how many tips I have lost at work on different iem's just from taking off my sweatshirt or catching them on something when there not in ear.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,805 of 3,454
I tried the TS Comply models this morning. Reversing them didn't work out so well for me but the again, I rarley have issues with Comply when used the normal way. So the following impressions are with them worn normally.

The TS large does give me a much shallower fit than my Senn biflanges. This results in very slightly more prominent treble. The shallow fit allows the existing treble peaks to be a little larger. Rest assured treble remains fatigue free.

I also find overall note weight a little thinner. I chalk this up to foam providing a less air tight seal than the silicone tips and to the absorbing nature of foam. There seems to be faster decay with foam, in all frequencies, so overall it's a hair cleaner sounding.

I wouldn't call the TS Comply better, just different but it certainly fits my preferences better and I think I'll stick with them. Although the shallower fit exacerbates the goofiness of over the ear wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back