Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #2,776 of 3,454
Mar 24, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2,777 of 3,454
After using them for some time, I have to conclude that the Comply Foam tips (Tx-500) are a must, especially when you cut off the excess.

The bass is now clearly audible and awesome. Before I couldn't really hear the bass, but now I can. Still a bit low, but not *too* low.

Also, used these tips during a plane flight. Pure bliss, especially when you combine the fact that these don't even wear out your ears even if you're on a 5 hour flight like I was. (Compared to my GR07 BE's, these feel nicer on the ears, isolate more, fit better, and have more detail, but have less bass, but tighter bass).

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2,778 of 3,454

I'm really happy for you. I was actually waiting to see if you'd still carry through with your sale plan once you got them.

If you want your jaw to drop, check out Miles Davis' "So What" with the rockets. Best frickin timbre I've heard to date, and the drums/snares make the drummer in me want to cry. 

Check out this track for timbre testing. Unreal. Or should I say super real. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #2,779 of 3,454
Very tempted by the Comply tips after that rave review...apparently Spinfits work with the Rockets with a bit of effort.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #2,780 of 3,454
After trying out several kinds of tips, I've settled on the slim double flanges that come with the Hifiman RE series. The fit is slightly sensitive, but I find that they give a better combination of clarity and bass than the others I tried (including Comply, stock, hybrids).

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #2,781 of 3,454
The rockets sound really good ounce I found tips that don't get stuck in my ear. The tips that come with it are terrible every pair that came with them came off in my ear.

Lol, yeah that's the biggest flaw with the entire package IMO. I don't see how they messed that up.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,782 of 3,454
One of the problems is the tips are tacky and just stick in your ear and there shaped funny. I have found a pair that works great they are from my AKR01'S. They could have flared the ends of the housing so they wouldn't come off so easy or have made the channel deeper to have more grab.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,783 of 3,454
I had problems with the stock Rockets tips at first. Because of the sticky surface they don't like going straight in. As in ======>

What I found was inserting half at an angle so it grabs then kind of flicking / pushing the other half in they insert easier. Well, I've personally got it worked out. You may also find violently pulling up on your ear allows enough room.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #2,784 of 3,454
I had problems with the stock Rockets tips at first. Because of the sticky surface they don't like going straight in. As in ======>

What I found was inserting half at an angle so it grabs then kind of flicking / pushing the other half in they insert easier. Well, I've personally got it worked out. You may also find violently pulling up on your ear allows enough room.

I'm going with the Spintips and will probably pick up a pair for my GR07s, too. Thanks for the informative post and pictures.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #2,785 of 3,454
I'm going with the Spintips and will probably pick up a pair for my GR07s, too. Thanks for the informative post and pictures.

No problem.

One of the stock Fidue A83 tips also work well (I'll post a picture of them on Rockets in your tip thread tomorrow)

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,786 of 3,454
Stock tips work great for me. I get a great seal every time. They came off in my ear only once.  Then again I have always struggled with the idea that tips change the sound that drastically. I do realize that I am probably in the minority with that opinion however.

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #2,789 of 3,454
I like the idea of the stock tips, I just don't like their shape. They don't fit me well. I like taller tips; the stock tips are short and squat. I hope Aurisonics keeps refining their tip line and expands it some day.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #2,790 of 3,454
The tips are short squat, you just described me. I am not sticky though just used the Rockets at work for an 8 hour shift very impressed. I have the wide opening tips from Final Audio on and the bass sounds much tighter and better extended. You never hear about there customs that much I know there is a review on the front page right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back