Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #2,762 of 3,454
Comply tips are the devil. I need long-lasting silicon.

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #2,764 of 3,454
Ordered my pair last February/March and they won't be here before my Birthday in April this year... Kinda sad really :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #2,765 of 3,454
  THEY DO EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my black and gold Mic Rockets.  SOOOO happy since my other sets had long been given to my family that ordered them along with me.

Nice color combo.  That was my original color scheme before I opted for the standard color.  Kind of wish I would have stuck with the original color scheme. Hopefully, there aren't any quality issues.

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,767 of 3,454
Ordered my pair last February/March and they won't be here before my Birthday in April this year... Kinda sad really
frown.gif

I was #17 on the backer list.  Dale made a post a while ago that they were doing mostly white cable standard color, because that's what they had the most parts of and didn't want to ruin their small stock of black cable and specialty coatings (makes sense since it's the only retail combo) so those of us with crazy combos have had to wait a bit longer.

Nice color combo.  That was my original color scheme before I opted for the standard color.  Kind of wish I would have stuck with the original color scheme. Hopefully, there aren't any quality issues.

Thanks, I am super happy with the looks.

Teh secks!

I know!

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #2,768 of 3,454
I am blue with Mic and regular cable so hopefully I will coming up soon...

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #2,770 of 3,454
BEHOLD!  The Rockets with mic have landed!

I just received these not more than a hour ago and everything I've written thus far is based on after running it through the Cardas Clarifier (long sweep) app and the only source being my ancient SGS1 (Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant ) /w Voodoo and Neutron while listening to female FLACs for a period of approximately half hour.

First, I mean it when I declare eating crow for all the damn griping I've done in this thread and others.  My impatience had initially sentenced my order for immediate sell off regardless how good it may sound. For those still waiting, stand fast.  What's been said about the sound, especially the star of the show - the buttery, smooth, and rich mids, I stand affirmed with those past impressions.  They were delivered in spades by the intimate and heavenly voices from Heather Nova and Carol Kidd. The spacial spaces within a small stage on "Hotel California" and the natural tones are delivered with aplomb despite a little lack of stage width and depth, but given the source of delivery (5.1mm dynamic driver), one really can't complain.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #2,772 of 3,454
  BEHOLD!  The Rockets with mic have landed!

I'm really happy for you. I was actually waiting to see if you'd still carry through with your sale plan once you got them.

If you want your jaw to drop, check out Miles Davis' "So What" with the rockets. Best frickin timbre I've heard to date, and the drums/snares make the drummer in me want to cry. 

I'd recommend trying them out with Comply TS-500s, or T-500 with the foam ends cut off. It will reveal some glorious bass. I think the highly isolating sealed nature of the Rockets may work against it somewhat at the low end, since the internal ear pressure will not allow your eardrum to vibrate as freely when using silicone tips. Foamies seal via only occlusion, so the vacuum effect is negated. This, to me creates the ultimate sound for the Rockets.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #2,773 of 3,454

I'm really happy for you. I was actually waiting to see if you'd still carry through with your sale plan once you got them.

If you want your jaw to drop, check out Miles Davis' "So What" with the rockets. Best frickin timbre I've heard to date, and the drums/snares make the drummer in me want to cry. 

I'd recommend trying them out with Comply TS-500s, or T-500 with the foam ends cut off. It will reveal some glorious bass. I think the highly isolating sealed nature of the Rockets may work against it somewhat at the low end, since the internal ear pressure will not allow your eardrum to vibrate as freely when using silicone tips. Foamies seal via only occlusion, so the vacuum effect is negated. This, to me creates the ultimate sound for the Rockets.

Okay dammit just ordered some TS-500. I'm expecting my mind to be 100% blown. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back