Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,756 of 3,454
I see that your public apology has been culled from your review and featured as a blurb on the site. You're never living that one down lol

Lol yes thanks Dale. What can I say? I'm an Aurisonics shill through and through :p

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,759 of 3,454

Indeed antiloop works quite well even without the ear-guide.

I went out running today and I only had a wire dismounting once. microphonics are almost non existence.

Agreed. Surprisingly great implementation.

Also, sound update. These are still ridiculous. Just absolute top tier mids. My only tiny complaint remains bass, although I might be able to eke a bit more out with narrower tips. It could use just a couple more dB sub-bass with the Meelec biflanges. Everything from ~50Hz up is as perfect as anything I've heard. Still great bass in general as far as weight and speed is concerned. It's right in that magic spot between too little and too much.

And another good sign: all three pairs I've heard so far sounded exactly the same as far as I could tell. Consistency seems very good.

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #1,760 of 3,454
Agreed. Surprisingly great implementation.

Also, sound update. These are still ridiculous. Just absolute top tier mids. My only tiny complaint remains bass, although I might be able to eke a bit more out with narrower tips. It could use just a couple more dB sub-bass with the Meelec biflanges. Everything from ~50Hz up is as perfect as anything I've heard. Still great bass in general as far as weight and speed is concerned. It's right in that magic spot between too little and too much.

And another good sign: all three pairs I've heard so far sounded exactly the same as far as I could tell. Consistency seems very good.

Yes I would want that as well.. about 2-3db bump somewhere around 30-60hz will make them near perfect in my book.

Mids are absolutely magical. 

I just cannot get over how amazing solo violin pieces sound on these!

Sep 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,761 of 3,454
I should be getting my Anti-loops in a couple of days! I look forward to this development! (or at least I think that is what the small box from Dale Lott will contain, if it contains anything else I'll be sure to let people know)

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #1,763 of 3,454
What would u do if u saw a fellow Rockets owner during ur commute or run? I may just pause, stare at him/her, point to my ears and share a hug. These r so limited right now, its an absolute crime. Really want the masses to be able to own a pair by the start of the holidays.

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,764 of 3,454
What would u do if u saw a fellow Rockets owner during ur commute or run? I may just pause, stare at him/her, point to my ears and share a hug. These r so limited right now, its an absolute crime. Really want the masses to be able to own a pair by the start of the holidays.

tumblr_inline_ncc4ruLVwk1s9domc.gif

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,769 of 3,454

No remote for that one. I've bought two others with remotes, too, but I don't expect these ones anytime soon.

Were they all in the same KS order?  I wonder if they saw the 2 mic versions and just didn't realize the other was a non-mic order...

But yeah, I'm sure they'd send out the next combo like that to you if you email them

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,770 of 3,454
I heard these over the weekend at the Nashville meet. They were the surprise of the meet for me in terms of sound quality. I have never been able get any fit from iem's until the Vsonic mkii with the adjustable nozzles and a pair of small Sony hybrid tips. And while I like the sound of the Vsonic and have been utterly grateful for the fit, the Rockets are in a whole different league with regard to BOTH fit and sound quality. 

If Jessica Alba would have walked in wearing a thong bikini, I'd still kept on fondling the Rockets....well nah. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back