Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,786 of 3,454
Well truth be told I did not due to my experience with ASG 2. After reading this thread and been recommended by a head-fi member whose view I trust alot I purchased it full price without knowing when it might arrive. I surely will put it under the microscope and see how it is.

But not going to let my excitement ruin it for me, got to remain patient.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #1,787 of 3,454
I haven't received antiloops yet but the redesign looks like just an alternative to the tri-tabs, so meh. Probably won't use them. I wear my Rockets over the ear without anything.

Anyway it's almost criminal how much we paid for this SQ- IMO. Those that paid $99,
smily_headphones1.gif
, or $149, it just seems like the deal of the century. SQ and build is simply excellent. Loving mine thru the AK240.

I tell you what, They work. Not sure how they work, but they do. I'm still working with them and testing them, but they seem to do what is advertised.

Though I do think I'd have preferred the wire guide to be on there as well...

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,789 of 3,454
They do what? Stay in ear? I don't have any issues with that. I'm old and sedintary. Not like I'm doing flips and tumbles. Now if they were to provide an over ear guide, I'd be interested.

They change how they go in so you can put them over the ear. They aren't as stable as they would be with the wire guide though. If you are just walking it should stay over ear fairly well. Not sure how well they'd fair with jogging though.

I know right now that they don't stay with jogging in place.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #1,790 of 3,454
In all seriousness, an ear guide is all I wish for, so the cable doesn't look so goofy when wearing over the ear. The new antiloop doesn't appear to do anything for me but does look to help anchor it for activity. Anyway cable is excellent and SQ beyond my expectations. Glad to hear more and more early backers are receiving them.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,791 of 3,454
  I really cannot emphasise how much more you guys would love the AS/ASG1+. Had some extended time listening to them today again.

They are like an upgrade to the rockets. In EVERY way (with slight larger bass presence!)

Sadly 5 seconds before I wanted to dump the dough down for them, a guy snatched the last piece in the store. SUCH IS LIFE. 
frown.gif

Interesting, I've been looking around for some impressions on the 1 Plus, but couldn't find any in depth detailed impressions.
Did you also have a chance to listen to the 2.5? I'd like to know how they compare.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #1,792 of 3,454

Interesting, I've been looking around for some impressions on the 1 Plus, but couldn't find any in depth detailed impressions.
Did you also have a chance to listen to the 2.5? I'd like to know how they compare.

Yes, I did listen to the 2.5.

Honestly, I have never really enjoyed the sound signature of the ASG2 and ASG2.5 is like the ASG2 with the bass tamed down and mids pushed slightly more forward. It still has recessed mids to me. I'd imagine the bass is still big enough to give me a headache over extended listening though, even at lowest setting. Smooth treble though. I didn't spend too much time with it so I can only say that much. 

The ASG1+, however really is like a ASG that went through a much more neutral tuning. It really is just like the Rockets with a higher level of clarity and maintains the ever awesome vocals. The treble is as how Aurisonics describe it, really articulate, with slightly more sparkle than the smooth treble of the Rockets. And the bass, let's just say it really should be the bass amount that Rockets should have.

You'd realise I compared the ASG1+ to the Rockets rather than ASG2.5 because it really is the Rockets; upsized. Everything is just better! 
etysmile.gif

P.S. I'm still pretty new to writing impressions. Hope it sounded coherent!

Sep 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,793 of 3,454
This Iem is good. Its "wow" factor is the biggest among Sony's Z5, DITA the answer-the truth ed., and final audio heaven VIII to me. Yes, it is from different class from them, but its sound awed me more than all of the higher class iems I mentioned. I may write a review whenever I have time. Just to tease you now, the strong aspect is the sound quality and the weak one is the finishing built. Buy at once whenever you have a chance! I strongly recommend..

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #1,794 of 3,454
This Iem is good. Its "wow" factor is the biggest among Sony's Z5, DITA the answer-the truth ed., and final audio heaven VIII to me. Yes, it is from different class from them, but its sound awed me more than all of the higher class iems I mentioned. I may write a review whenever I have time. Just to tease you now, the strong aspect is the sound quality and the weak one is the finishing built. Buy at once whenever you have a chance! I strongly recommend..

Did you audition the final tuned VIII? In that case (how long?) I would be VERY interested in a comparison with the Dita The Answer!

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,795 of 3,454

Nice. What did the Z5 sound like?

I haven't received antiloops yet but the redesign looks like just an alternative to the tri-tabs, so meh. Probably won't use them. I wear my Rockets over the ear without anything.

Anyway it's almost criminal how much we paid for this SQ- IMO. Those that paid $99, :), or $149, it just seems like the deal of the century. SQ and build is simply excellent. Loving mine thru the AK240.

Unequivocally agree.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,796 of 3,454
I'm late to the game on these, but have put in my pre-order and hoping for something around Thanksgiving. Not holding my breath though as I know many are already waiting. They would make a great Christmas present to myself. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,797 of 3,454
  Yes, I did listen to the 2.5.

Honestly, I have never really enjoyed the sound signature of the ASG2 and ASG2.5 is like the ASG2 with the bass tamed down and mids pushed slightly more forward. It still has recessed mids to me. I'd imagine the bass is still big enough to give me a headache over extended listening though, even at lowest setting. Smooth treble though. I didn't spend too much time with it so I can only say that much. 

The ASG1+, however really is like a ASG that went through a much more neutral tuning. It really is just like the Rockets with a higher level of clarity and maintains the ever awesome vocals. The treble is as how Aurisonics describe it, really articulate, with slightly more sparkle than the smooth treble of the Rockets. And the bass, let's just say it really should be the bass amount that Rockets should have.

You'd realise I compared the ASG1+ to the Rockets rather than ASG2.5 because it really is the Rockets; upsized. Everything is just better! 
etysmile.gif

P.S. I'm still pretty new to writing impressions. Hope it sounded coherent!

Thanks for that impression.

Knowing how the Rockets have created quite a following, how you've described the ASG-1 Plus as somewhat like a big brother to the Rockets, the ASG-1 Plus might as well become one of the more popular IEMs in the ASG lineup, especially with us audiophiles, and those looking for an upgrade to the Rockets, but would like to keep a similar tuning.

Now I'm confused as to what I should get. Haha..
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,798 of 3,454
I'm starting to remember why I went to customs now. My right ear has always had issues with having the same fit as my left ear. I remember my audiologist saying something about my right ear a year or so ago when I was getting impressions. As far as the anti loop thing I think it would be useful if I wasn't using custom tips. I tried the ones that was already on the Rockets out of the box and they fell off pretty easily. With the custom tips I have they aren't going anywhere.

I didn't read much about reviews on this although I do recall something about the signature being similar to the UERM sound signature. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet but I've only used the UERM for 1-2 hours max in the last 6 months so I'll have to give them a run before I try to remember what they sound like. They remind me of what the RE-400 sounded like back when I had them however. I wish I had something to compare them to other than customs as everything I have would be an unfair comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back