Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,771 of 3,454
  But yeah, I'm sure they'd send out the next combo like that to you if you email them

I didn't want to email because Dale mentioned on KS that they were swamped with emails already and that it slowed them down. I even waited a long time after the picture of another pair of black+grey Rockets was posted on this thread before I dared mention (here and on Kickstarter) my not having received my own pair. Dale saw my post, answered on KS, and Andy got in touch with me by email saying he was going to look into it.

[Edit:] Shipping notification received.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,773 of 3,454
You know a thought occurred to me. I received shipping notification, there is $50 insurance on it.... It is a small box, which is probably too big for just the Anti-loops. I'm one of the first 50 backers and got one of each.... They said the Mic version would be shipping out around October... 

Oh hell, I'm getting my hopes up now.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #1,774 of 3,454
  You know a thought occurred to me. I received shipping notification, there is $50 insurance on it.... It is a small box, which is probably too big for just the Anti-loops. I'm one of the first 50 backers and got one of each.... They said the Mic version would be shipping out around October... 

late october

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,775 of 3,454

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,776 of 3,454
I really cannot emphasise how much more you guys would love the AS/ASG1+. Had some extended time listening to them today again.

They are like an upgrade to the rockets. In EVERY way (with slight larger bass presence!)

Sadly 5 seconds before I wanted to dump the dough down for them, a guy snatched the last piece in the store. SUCH IS LIFE. 
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #1,778 of 3,454
I think only the Singapore guys have heard it. Dale brought it along overseas I think. It's a hybrid, one DD+ one BA. It's supposed to maintain a similar tuning to the Rockets

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #1,780 of 3,454
I think only the Singapore guys have heard it. Dale brought it along overseas I think. It's a hybrid, one DD+ one BA. It's supposed to maintain a similar tuning to the Rockets

I heard one when I was there for about 2 minutes the day I left Nashville so nowhere near enough to generate an opinion. It's one dynamic (14.2mm) and one tweeter (so BA). 

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #1,781 of 3,454

With USPS Priority $50 insurance is automatically included.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #1,782 of 3,454

With USPS Priority $50 insurance is automatically included.

Learn something new everyday. So hopefully on Saturday I'll have antiloop impressions for everyone

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,783 of 3,454
I got mine in the mail today. I can finally use my custom tips again. I'm not sure if I find the loop thing useful or I'm using them wrong. I doubt the tri tab thing is useful for someone using custom tips.

They do sound good so far but the wait for them was extremely frustrating. I don't think I can go through that again. I need to find a better cable for my jh13 so these came in at a good time.

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,784 of 3,454
I got mine in the mail today. I can finally use my custom tips again. I'm not sure if I find the loop thing useful or I'm using them wrong. I doubt the tri tab thing is useful for someone using custom tips.

They do sound good so far but the wait for them was extremely frustrating. I don't think I can go through that again. I need to find a better cable for my jh13 so these came in at a good time.

So did I! Wait... I already did last month... (Yes, I've received two of the same rockets not the mic'd version.) However it did come with the Anti-loops, which I'll be erm... using... I've actually contacted Rockets support to find out what to do with them. They'll likely want them back. 

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #1,785 of 3,454
I haven't received antiloops yet but the redesign looks like just an alternative to the tri-tabs, so meh. Probably won't use them. I wear my Rockets over the ear without anything.

Anyway it's almost criminal how much we paid for this SQ- IMO. Those that paid $99, :), or $149, it just seems like the deal of the century. SQ and build is simply excellent. Loving mine thru the AK240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back