Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #421 of 3,454
I hope when the mic version releases, kickstarter backers gets a kickstarter price? XD

Ditto! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #422 of 3,454
They won't come up with a mic version any time in the near future, if ever... so keep waiting!

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #424 of 3,454
Its not as easy as just adding a mic since most people want controls and at the very least a button to answer calls. Since phones use different firmware, hardware, software, protocols, certifications etc and so many types of phones exist its not as simple as one would think from just the standpoint of electronics. Not to mention considering how it would effect durability of  the cable and lastly waterproofing. Oversight no, just a clear decision to wait until we can do this correctly. Having to wait 6 months + to get MFI certification on the completed product would hold up launching ROCKETS. If you need a mic use what you have for a while and then get ROCKETS when we have things worked out in the right way so as to not compromise the current design. Thank you for your input.

Thanks for the response Dale. As someone in the industry I understand the challenges of building for mobile. Regardless of my thoughts on this whole mic thing, it's clear put a ton care and thought behind your products. Perhaps I'll get these as my alternative/travel buds.

Does anyone have any impressions from the Austin meet up you can share?

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #425 of 3,454
Thanks for the response Dale. As someone in the industry I understand the challenges of building for mobile. Regardless of my thoughts on this whole mic thing, it's clear put a ton care and thought behind your products. Perhaps I'll get these as my alternative/travel buds.

Does anyone have any impressions from the Austin meet up you can share?

Apparently Aurisonics couldn't make it to the Austin meet as their schedule was too tight as they are also going for the NAMM

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #426 of 3,454
Bummed that I missed out on this for long enough to end at the third tier, but... it's a minor bummer. $150 still seems like a steal for these, with the innovative fit system and American manufacture. I've looked before, and never found any American-made universals... or perhaps I saw one, that just didn't make sense for me... But choices are certainly slim. The tri-tip thing seems incredibly clever to me, essentially shrouding, or turning the whole IEM into a double-flange? Brilliant! That the company is listening closely to customers and responding thoroughly is also a huge positive. Don't know what these things will sound like, don't really like isolation, wish the tips came in some colors (yeah, yeah...)... but, boy am I excited for these!

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #427 of 3,454

Bawse! Can't wait to get my pair. Is that the final design/color on the cable?

These look to be great alternatives to the etymotic iems. Hope the sound is neutral with a hint of bass. March can't come soon enough.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #428 of 3,454
Bummed that I missed out on this for long enough to end at the third tier, but... it's a minor bummer. $150 still seems like a steal for these, with the innovative fit system and American manufacture. I've looked before, and never found any American-made universals... or perhaps I saw one, that just didn't make sense for me... But choices are certainly slim. The tri-tip thing seems incredibly clever to me, essentially shrouding, or turning the whole IEM into a double-flange? Brilliant! That the company is listening closely to customers and responding thoroughly is also a huge positive. Don't know what these things will sound like, don't really like isolation, wish the tips came in some colors (yeah, yeah...)... but, boy am I excited for these!

Westone's UM series was manufactured in the US for a little while.

I love the cable and color design.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #431 of 3,454

the cable needs to bend 90 degrees at the earbuds. Would that stress the wires too much in the long term?

Actually, if they go that far into the ear, the cable would have to bend a lot less than 90 degrees...  I want to say 100-110 degrees, maybe more if you have a large ear :wink: 

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #432 of 3,454
Looking at them in the ear, the size is staggering. This will be perfect for keeping in my pocket. I'm getting more and more hyped for these. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #433 of 3,454
the cable needs to bend 90 degrees at the earbuds. Would that stress the wires too much in the long term?

It might have to bend more than if used the "regular way" (like in the photo). But the cable will not suffer stress from being pulled down due to its own weight and other factors, such as friction on clothes.

And according to Aurisonics the cable is very flexible and very resistant (Kevlar?). I guess I'll just have to believe in them!

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #434 of 3,454
Yes!! Over the ears!!
Lets get ths funding to $120k guys!

7PHavLEK7vkbgn4osiCljlV3DFLsnPTjQ8-ENrY1-2nRERqDeBF9G-bZGYvOFQWrol0Cd7fGeDfokckxJoGltJYVMldye_1R0C2NlcY1I70UrXVHNDPYJPQeeHMiOCU94GhK3JQyvFp0br-SCrc5FI5-UuoArxwhAGuv=s0-d-e1-ft
ukPBSlxN3_AFIqyOZJqVrrP8IbwUoxMYevC7FlGgVJygqp7jiB1popjbjSFSavWG8U3551QUsZQ7WQbdYqbVfDdIN-MeT8L3BGsl8F9pmbkiDhhd7yjxdX0Y2ML719v5tcW2UMz-ifbHwrXYx2xZFtYieTFqcHLgXXZl=s0-d-e1-ft

Update:
Dale, instead of making this so complex/intricate, isn't it easier to follow the customs style of having just a short tube around the wire near the base?
Should be more cost effecient and effective as well

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #435 of 3,454
  Yes!! Over the ears!!
Lets get ths funding to $120k guys!

7PHavLEK7vkbgn4osiCljlV3DFLsnPTjQ8-ENrY1-2nRERqDeBF9G-bZGYvOFQWrol0Cd7fGeDfokckxJoGltJYVMldye_1R0C2NlcY1I70UrXVHNDPYJPQeeHMiOCU94GhK3JQyvFp0br-SCrc5FI5-UuoArxwhAGuv=s0-d-e1-ft
ukPBSlxN3_AFIqyOZJqVrrP8IbwUoxMYevC7FlGgVJygqp7jiB1popjbjSFSavWG8U3551QUsZQ7WQbdYqbVfDdIN-MeT8L3BGsl8F9pmbkiDhhd7yjxdX0Y2ML719v5tcW2UMz-ifbHwrXYx2xZFtYieTFqcHLgXXZl=s0-d-e1-ft

Update:
Dale, instead of making this so complex/intricate, isn't it easier to follow the customs style of having just a short tube around the wire near the base?
Should be more cost effecient and effective as well

No its not that easy. There are no contact points to hold in the ear doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back