Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #1,171 of 3,454
Yeah a fellow HFier passed along this free album to me and it sounded glorious on the Rockets

https://macross82-99.bandcamp.com/

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #1,172 of 3,454
Yeah a fellow HFier passed along this free album to me and it sounded glorious on the Rockets

https://macross82-99.bandcamp.com/

Will check it out!

Also of note is the bass on the Rockets is definitely tighter than the Tenore's, while retaining ample emphasis to my ears. Very well done.

Edit: Also these clear silicone tips are awesome. They're grippy so they stay in your ears much better than a typical rubber tip. The cable is almost totally microphonics free, even cable down. It seems strong as hell. I'm really starting to like these... We may have to cut the tour short when these get "lost" in my house lol.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,173 of 3,454
Will check it out!

Also of note is the bass on the Rockets is definitely tighter than the Tenore's, while retaining ample emphasis to my ears. Very well done.

Edit: Also these clear silicone tips are awesome. They're grippy so they stay in your ears much better than a typical rubber tip. The cable is almost totally microphonics free, even cable down. It seems strong as hell. I'm really starting to like these... We may have to cut the tour short when these get "lost" in my house lol.

Did you not see the video where Dale had his daughter stand/swing on a piece of the ROCKETS cable?

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,174 of 3,454
Will check it out!

LOL. I just need to convert Luisdent and then the whole Tenore crowd can begin their mass exodus. All in a day's work for a HF shill. 

And as jrkong mentioned, the cable is insanely tough. Hell the whole thing is. A pair of Rockets allegedly took 100 blows from a 25 lb. mallet and still functioned afterwards. And the tips are some kind of thermoelastic material. I definitely dig em; my sister has issues getting a seal with any sort of silicon flange and she's able to maintain a seal with her Rockets. And the thing I like most is that the cable seems to exhibit no memory. It's awesome. I wish every IEM I own had this cable on it. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,175 of 3,454
  LOL. I just need to convert Luisdent and then the whole Tenore crowd can begin their mass exodus. All in a day's work for a HF shill. 

And as jrkong mentioned, the cable is insanely tough. Hell the whole thing is. A pair of Rockets allegedly took 100 blows from a 25 lb. mallet and still functioned afterwards. And the tips are some kind of thermoelastic material. I definitely dig em; my sister has issues getting a seal with any sort of silicon flange and she's able to maintain a seal with her Rockets. And the thing I like most is that the cable seems to exhibit no memory. It's awesome. I wish every IEM I own had this cable on it. 

I should scan the NAMM brochures they were handing out. The tips are made from a medical grade thermoplastic elastomer. I was rather tempted to take one of the ruined ROCKETS wire and solder a set of pins on to have that cable on my ASG-1S. Don't really think the end result would have been great but it would have been a fun way to reuse stuff they would have thrown out. But seriously though, I'm anxiously waiting for a version of this cable I could use with other IEM.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,177 of 3,454
- cable is microphonic when worn down

The cable is almost totally microphonics free, even cable down.

Great consistent first impressions cont'd. Keep 'em coming...
smile.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,178 of 3,454
I would have to agree with V. The cable does exhibit noise, but the trade off for durability, slickness and no memory make it more than worth it. If you're sitting still it's not an issue and on the move, I've heard way worse in terms of microphonics *cough*Radius DDM*cough*

I think once the antiloops ship, the issue will be notably mitigated

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #1,179 of 3,454

Great consistent first impressions cont'd. Keep 'em coming...
smile.gif

Speaking of consistency... 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

When I read his post, for a moment I just assumed I walked like a caveman and any normal person wouldn't have a problem.

I would have to agree with V. The cable does exhibit noise, but the trade off for durability, slickness and no memory make it more than worth it. If you're sitting still it's not an issue and on the move, I've heard way worse in terms of microphonics *cough*Radius DDM*cough*

Or a certain series not quite entirely made in Heaven... *cough*

Yea, i managed to wear them over ear for like a 10 minute walk and the microphonics were essentially non-existent.

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #1,180 of 3,454
Anyone with the gold and black cable combo who received it already? Would love to see how it looks!

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,181 of 3,454
I got the chance to hear the Rockets yesterday when Dale popped by Singapore and I loved them!

I took them out of my ears and took a good look at them because I couldn't believe how such little iems could project such a big sound.

All of you Rocket backers will definitely be 100% satisfied when you get them. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,182 of 3,454
  I got the chance to hear the Rockets yesterday when Dale popped by Singapore and I loved them!

I took them out of my ears and took a good look at them because I couldn't believe how such little iems could project such a big sound.

All of you Rocket backers will definitely be 100% satisfied when you get them. 
biggrin.gif

He was in SG?? Wish he'd come down to Msia too :frowning2:
I'm still waiting for my rockets with mic.. and i have a feeling it'll be quite a while before i see them..

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,183 of 3,454

Agreed on the microphonics, although they're basically eliminated by wearing them over the ear. Which isn't an option with the Ety ER4, which is also annoyingly microphonic...

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,185 of 3,454

He was in SG?? Wish he'd come down to Msia too :frowning2:
I'm still waiting for my rockets with mic.. and i have a feeling it'll be quite a while before i see them.

Dale was in sg?!!

Yeah he was.

I'm pretty sure it won't be THAT long since production has been stepped up. He's expanding recently, hiring people and all.

In any case, it's a worthwhile wait. You could just forget about it and when it arrives, it'll be a great surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back