Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #526 of 3,454
Okay, I hate to ask what I'm sure is a silly question, but this is my first Kickstarter campaign and I haven't been able to find the answers: first, I pledged in at $99, but I want to get the case and t-shirt add-ons as well-- how do I do that? I didn't see an option when I logged into KS, will that be on the survey I've seen mentioned? Also, I believe I read somewhere that we'd have the ability to increase our order to more than one set of Rockets at our pledge level. Is this true, and how can I go about it? (I'm interested in getting another as a gift).

Thanks in advance for the help, and apologies for the noobitude!

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #527 of 3,454
Okay, I hate to ask what I'm sure is a silly question, but this is my first Kickstarter campaign and I haven't been able to find the answers: first, I pledged in at $99, but I want to get the case and t-shirt add-ons as well-- how do I do that? I didn't see an option when I logged into KS, will that be on the survey I've seen mentioned? Also, I believe I read somewhere that we'd have the ability to increase our order to more than one set of Rockets at our pledge level. Is this true, and how can I go about it? (I'm interested in getting another as a gift).

I think that will be on the Kickstarter survey at the end of the campaign...  I'm sure you can message Dale directly and ask him about it as well.  He's changed a few pledges as well to accomidate (I can't spell)  things :p

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #528 of 3,454
I think AS skipped on the Austin meet. Apparently our WarrenpChi has heard them at NAMM though

here's a quote from him on them from audio360:

Still on the fence about jumping into Aurisonics's Rockets project on Kickstarter?  
Don't be, they are the real deal, and not just another crowdsourcing flavor of the month.

Aurisonics's Rockets: They're the real deal!
 ​

Yes, they are as close to indestructable as we're likely to see in IEMs for some time. But the real treat happens when you actually listen to them. We had a chance to do just at NAMM 2014 recently. Here's what we discovered...
The Rockets have a slighty warm signature that presents a wide variety of genres without offense. And they're are as adept at rendering high-res music as they are forgiving of compressed music.
But the most astounding thing is that they have the best isolation - by far - of any universal IEM we've ever heard.
You'd better hurry up if you want these at a great price - there are only three days left get in on the deal.

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #529 of 3,454

I think that will be on the Kickstarter survey at the end of the campaign...  I'm sure you can message Dale directly and ask him about it as well.  He's changed a few pledges as well to accomidate (I can't spell)  things :p

No, you have to up your pledge.

In kickstarter you can manage your pledge and just not change the reward chosen.  So if you want 2 rockets, a t-shirt, and a case you need to change the pledge to 99+99+30 for a total of 228

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #530 of 3,454
The $140K goal has not been unlocked yet on KS. What's the $160K stretch goal ?
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #531 of 3,454
No, you have to up your pledge.

In kickstarter you can manage your pledge and just not change the reward chosen.  So if you want 2 rockets, a t-shirt, and a case you need to change the pledge to 99+99+30 for a total of 228

Yes you do. I think 30 for shirt and case 15 for case. I could be wrong. On mobile right now.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #532 of 3,454
Yes you do. I think 30 for shirt and case 15 for case. I could be wrong. On mobile right now.

I double checked it -- here's the breakdown

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285259404/aurisonics-rockets-next-gen-iems-made-in-usa/posts
Backers who are already in at the original $99, $129 and $149 pledge levels, here's how much to add to your pledge;

1. T-shirt and Hardshell case = Add $30 to existing pledge
  2. Hardshell case only = Add $15 to existing pledge
  3. T-shirt only = Add $25 to existing pledge

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #533 of 3,454
Awesome, guys, thank you for the help!! I've upped my pledge accordingly :wink:. Thanks again!!

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #534 of 3,454
It looks like Dale might make the 160k Strechgoal other TiN coatings. If so, we should push for that extra 13k. That would be amazing, because gold isn't my colour.

Jan 31, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #536 of 3,454
  It looks like Dale might make the 160k Strechgoal other TiN coatings. If so, we should push for that extra 13k. That would be amazing, because gold isn't my colour.

gray TiN would be pretty awesome. only 54 hours left though! hopefully he clarifies soon so other people start pushing it towards the stretch goal.

EDIT:

well, speak of the devil, just got an email saying that the color finishes are indeed the 160k stretch goal now!

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #537 of 3,454

gray TiN would be pretty awesome. only 54 hours left though! hopefully he clarifies soon so other people start pushing it towards the stretch goal.

You asked he provided. I just got the update email. Hopefully this will provide a solid push both for AS's monetary sakes and for the sake of my aesthetic needs.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #538 of 3,454
You asked he provided. I just got the update email. Hopefully this will provide a solid push both for AS's monetary sakes and for the sake of my aesthetic needs.

indeed. only thing that bugs me a little is that the cables will be red and blue. on one hand, that'll help the annoyances of figuring out what the left and right sides are, but i'd prefer different colors. i guess red and blue is always gonna be the standard though.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #540 of 3,454
  Even though I wasn't able to cancel the order for the DN-1000s I said screw it and backed these as well, will probably sell whichever one I like less.

I will definitely be interested in hearing your comparison of the two. I always thought the DN-1000s would be too bassy for me, but I also heard that the Rockets don't lack in that department either. Ultimately, I prefer owning the indestructible Rockets as I don't always take care of my stuff.

Btw, anyone else intrigued by the Rainbow finish? Should look somewhat like this:
https://www.bertramsinkwell.com/Fisher-Bullet-Space-Pen-Rainbow-titanium-nitride-Bullet-Space-Pen.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back