Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #631 of 2,761
Ah, a million thanks for the offer Eric 
beerchug.gif
 I just checked Meelectronics site and it seems like I'm using their large double flange tip. Yeah, I agree on the second point, if Aurisonics had existed years ago, I would have saved A LOT of money haha

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #633 of 2,761
I'm going to do a quick summary of initial impressions. First off they look great and I really like the feel to them. The housings are light but everything I've seen so far inspires confidence in the build quality of these. 
They have a very unique look to them and I enjoy it. My girlfriend thinks I look nerdy with them around my ear but I feel a pretty cool nerd with them on. 

Even the casing that comes with them is durable. I like the size though it's certainly not the nicest looking casing. However, it does its job very well and that is to protect your headphones. I feel like I could run over it with my car and almost had to to get the case open. It's small and tough and perfect though for holding your headphones or other small valuables. Glad aurisonics went with something tough here. 

The bores are very large for these and if nothing else make them look extremely powerful.

Some headphones I've owned or listened to a bit would be sure se315, klipsch s4, SM3's, and heard the entire monster line. My favorite by far out of the bunch would be the SM3's. After going through and testing headphones over the years I've always thought dynamics sounded slower and less revealing. So when I heard impressions of these but saw they were dynamics I was a bit worried. I've been lurking here for a couple months to find a new pair of headphones though and was so sick of shopping around I just pulled the trigger. I love a fairly balanced signature. I love mids, lows and highs; and if any part is to be dominant I'd rather it be lows or even mids, but even though not too much so. I do not like too warm of a sound and really like being able to here fine detail. I was initially leaning towards the GR07 before I impulsively purchased these. I listen to a wide a lot of music from techno, rap, rock, classic rock, metal and some classical pieces. Just wanted to offer some info on my listening preferences and history before giving my initial impressions as I don't post much. I listen to them mostly out of my phone, G2x with modified firmware from a very talented programmer named supercurio, and through my computer which has higher end creative sound card. All my material is 320 kbps on my phone and lots of flac on my pc.  

My initial impressions were very different to what I'm hearing now. The highs and mids were very good, detailed and loved the sound but the lows were eerily absent. I felt I was getting a great seal, I'm lucky and the medium size tips supplied always seem to fit me, and played with them a lot in the first hour. I ran some test frequencies from my PC and nothing under 30Hz was audible and didn't get noticeably better to around 100HZ and even then was still much softer than the mids and highs. So initially I was pretty disappointed but decided to give them some burn in time while I was away for most of the day. They got probably around 10 hours or so of a loud 20-20000 Hz burn in tune before I gave them another listen. When I got back I could not believe how much different they sounded and with the same songs I initially tested them with. The lows are much more present and full. As a whole they sound a little smoother and more balanced but I'm almost nervous by how much the low end changed. But overall they sound fantastic and are the quickest dynamic I've heard. Very detailed, cover the whole spectrum for low to high well and have some nice ooomf in the bass. Vocals sound better, especially male vocals.  As they currently sound I'm extremely pleased with my purchase and loving them. So thank you ericp10, cute, kunlun, shotgun and others for posting your initial opinions as I never would have purchased these without them. I'm going to do a detailed review later after a week and will also do a side by side comparison with my friends SM3 too hopefully. 

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #635 of 2,761
Good review Jaysins, glad you liked it in the end. Sounds like these things need A LOT of burn in before making a decision. How is the size to these? they look very similar to actual customs, are they much bigger and take up more of the ear space compared to like UM3x, SM3 etc.. If someone can post up a picture of  the ASG-1 in their ear would be great..

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #636 of 2,761

I'm sitting on a pretty detailed comparison that I wrote up against the SM3, but I'll give it some more time to see if things change. 

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #638 of 2,761
Thank you Kunlun. They are big but fit your ear differently. They lay against it so as a whole they're not protruding out too much. I have medium sized ears and I find them comfortable enough for sure but not as much as my older pair of klipsch headphones. This is what they look like while wearing 

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #640 of 2,761
Thanks Jaysins, they look no different from custom IEMs, thats for sure. Can't wait to get mine and do a comparision with my Um3x..

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #641 of 2,761
That's funny because waiting for them makes me feel like this thread is barely moving. Impatience through relativity.

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #643 of 2,761
Hopefully I'll be getting a pair soon :)  Got comparisons to Phonak 232s and W4s if I do (after they get here from repairs and burn in)  :) 

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #644 of 2,761
Nice initial impressions jaysins. Glad they are beginning to perform to your expectations!!

Feb 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #645 of 2,761
hey Idsynchrono_24,

which model of the Meelectronic eartips will the ASG-1 fit in? Any model will do or specific model? Might as well order directly from the website for a full range of tips.

Quote:
Ah, a million thanks for the offer Eric 
beerchug.gif
 I just checked Meelectronics site and it seems like I'm using their large double flange tip. Yeah, I agree on the second point, if Aurisonics had existed years ago, I would have saved A LOT of money haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back