Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Aug 30, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #466 of 985
Again a few days passed, and my repairer still hasn't heard back from Auris why the new part and the old one are different... Now he has to spend more time testing the circuit to find out what's going on...

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #467 of 985
Dang that certainly is a terrible experience to pay $6k and have products start failing so quickly and not get appropriate support. These are always the concerns about going with Chifi but at least you're paying Chifi prices. In this case I'm assuming you would have received much better support from Cayin for an HA-300 for $4k than this amp.

I'm happy with my Auris products but I've never had a replacement issue so cannot speak to their service/support. They did respond to my emails when I asked about tube rolling and a extra remote within say 3 days. The other items I would wonder that could be impacting their ability to service right now is it's common for many countries in Europe to go on "Holiday" for the entire month of August. Perhaps they are very short staffed right now? They are also located near Ukraine so there could be significant regional impacts over that as well as the fuel/energy price volatility that is going on right now. None of these are excuses but could be reasons why the service at this point in time is far worse than what you may have received 1 year ago.

1000% increase in energy costs ain't nothing to sneeze at:
https://markets.businessinsider.com...ricity-surge-eurozone-recession-russia-2022-8

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #468 of 985
Again a few days passed, and my repairer still hasn't heard back from Auris why the new part and the old one are different... Now he has to spend more time testing the circuit to find out what's going on...
I sympathize, for having had a problem with Auris... I can say that Miroslav and Auris Audio have a deplorable after-sales service. I myself had to take things in hand as their silence was gaping. They answered me at first and then nothing. A few anointed excuses, a lot of work for new models, paternity leave, vacations.... Even the dedicated technical after-sales service in Holland had to relaunch them for my problem to progress.
It's shameful, spending so much money and having so little consideration. This is the worst after-sales service I've had to deal with. I have never seen this.
Courage to you, in the end I solved the problem myself after months (almost 6 months yes yes) to fight. I think they don't give a damn about the amps they sold, they must be targeting the very high-end market. So don't count on them, they won't help you.

If Auris mobilizes headfi for their new products, I will not hesitate to inform the admins of the consideration they have for their buyers.

Sep 1, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #469 of 985
I sympathize, for having had a problem with Auris... I can say that Miroslav and Auris Audio have a deplorable after-sales service. I myself had to take things in hand as their silence was gaping. They answered me at first and then nothing. A few anointed excuses, a lot of work for new models, paternity leave, vacations.... Even the dedicated technical after-sales service in Holland had to relaunch them for my problem to progress.
It's shameful, spending so much money and having so little consideration. This is the worst after-sales service I've had to deal with. I have never seen this.
Courage to you, in the end I solved the problem myself after months (almost 6 months yes yes) to fight. I think they don't give a damn about the amps they sold, they must be targeting the very high-end market. So don't count on them, they won't help you.

If Auris mobilizes headfi for their new products, I will not hesitate to inform the admins of the consideration they have for their buyers.
Dear Dimitri,

As I wrote to you in my email, I will write to you here as well
We are really sorry to hear that, we tried to help you as much as we could and we are sorry that it has come to this.
We think you are wrong because obviously the problem is not with the power supply that was serviced for you, and for which you have reported a fault.
The service that did the repair is fully trained and very professional, and that's why they are authorized service for many brands, so it's not nice to talk bad about them.
In order to solve the problem, it was necessary to send the entire amplifier to our official service, which you did not want.
If you think a little more carefully and look at the correspondence from the beginning, you will understand that we tried to help you.
Once again, I have to say that we are sorry that this has come to his, and we think it is not nice of you to blackmail us and talk bad about us.
Due to this situation, we are forced not to fulfill the wishes of customers in the future, but to send the entire device to a service center where trained persons will service the device.

We wish you all the best,

Miroslav

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #470 of 985
Dear Dimitri,

As I wrote to you in my email, I will write to you here as well
We are really sorry to hear that, we tried to help you as much as we could and we are sorry that it has come to this.
We think you are wrong because obviously the problem is not with the power supply that was serviced for you, and for which you have reported a fault.
The service that did the repair is fully trained and very professional, and that's why they are authorized service for many brands, so it's not nice to talk bad about them.
In order to solve the problem, it was necessary to send the entire amplifier to our official service, which you did not want.
If you think a little more carefully and look at the correspondence from the beginning, you will understand that we tried to help you.
Once again, I have to say that we are sorry that this has come to his, and we think it is not nice of you to blackmail us and talk bad about us.
Due to this situation, we are forced not to fulfill the wishes of customers in the future, but to send the entire device to a service center where trained persons will service the device.

We wish you all the best,

Miroslav
For right of reply I will indicate that I sent an email to Auris Audio today to indicate my general dissatisfaction with having left me without answers for weeks and weeks by leaving the link of my last answer on this thread . And there miracle Mr Miroslav answers....my god what hypocrisy and lack of tact !! Waow...

For your guidance Sir Miroslav, I sent the amp with the power supply to the Dutch after-sales service (Audio Service) and moreover I thanked them for their work. Thank you Sjaak from Audio Service for actively supporting me during this summer. You were lifesaving and on top :thumbsup:

On the other hand, on the side of Auris Audio, my emails have been left as a dead letter for months, which is anormal and incomprehensible. The problem was something other than the power supply or power cord. I made very concrete requests that were not honored, in short, it's crazy disdain.

It's been chaotic since April between your brand and the customer that I am, and reading here the problems of other customers, I understand that I am not THE PROBLEM.

But dealing with buyers who pay thousands of euros not to answer them is abnormal. No favours, no commercial gesture to repair, only the absurd and appalling silence.

In short I keep the nirvana, I solved the problem thanks to the Dutch after-sales service but not thanks to Auris. Let me say as a final point, that many other members of other French audiophile forums, some professionals and distributors that I surveyed do not understand why Auris works like this.

And for having deeply bored or stressed me for several months, I will campaign on my feedback wherever Auris prides itself on treating its customers well. That's all for me !

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #471 of 985
For right of reply I will indicate that I sent an email to Auris Audio today to indicate my general dissatisfaction with having left me without answers for weeks and weeks by leaving the link of my last answer on this thread . And there miracle Mr Miroslav answers....my god what hypocrisy and lack of tact !! Waow...

For your guidance Sir Miroslav, I sent the amp with the power supply to the Dutch after-sales service (Audio Service) and moreover I thanked them for their work. Thank you Sjaak from Audio Service for actively supporting me during this summer. You were lifesaving and on top :thumbsup:

On the other hand, on the side of Auris Audio, my emails have been left as a dead letter for months, which is anormal and incomprehensible. The problem was something other than the power supply or power cord. I made very concrete requests that were not honored, in short, it's crazy disdain.

It's been chaotic since April between your brand and the customer that I am, and reading here the problems of other customers, I understand that I am not THE PROBLEM.

But dealing with buyers who pay thousands of euros not to answer them is abnormal. No favours, no commercial gesture to repair, only the absurd and appalling silence.

In short I keep the nirvana, I solved the problem thanks to the Dutch after-sales service but not thanks to Auris. Let me say as a final point, that many other members of other French audiophile forums, some professionals and distributors that I surveyed do not understand why Auris works like this.

And for having deeply bored or stressed me for several months, I will campaign on my feedback wherever Auris prides itself on treating its customers well. That's all for me !
Dear Dimitri,

We both know that this is not about your Nirvana, on which the problem is solved as you yourself said, but about something else.
You can continue freely with your insults.

All the best,
Miroslav

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #472 of 985
I don't see the insults but just the concrete description of the disregard you have for your customers I believe.

It is very surprising that you are so responsive today when many of my emails and those of others here have gone unanswered or seem to have been ignored for so long. Weird but it's actually very clear and everyone will appreciate.

I will have been the only one confronted with your contempt I will have understood my mistakes but there Headfiers, French audiophile members, a notable official distributor who have been confronted with your professionalism and seems disappointed to put it mildly

I love my Nirvana but not Auris audio who seems to have far too much money to care about his customers. As a reminder, I have an Auris Nirvana and an HA2-SF...

@Miroslav EarMen : Please read the thread on headfi and reply to emails from other members, this will help them and prevent gray hair.

Sep 2, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #474 of 985
@Miroslav EarMen is warranty of Nirvana voided by using proper ECC82 and EL34 aftermarket tubes ?
If the tubes are replaced with the same tubes, then the warranty is valid. If you put other than EL 34 or ECC82, then the warranty is not valid.
It has happened that someone puts other tubes with the same pinout, but then that other tubes draws more or less current and then a malfunction may occur.

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #475 of 985
If the tubes are replaced with the same tubes, then the warranty is valid. If you put other than EL 34 or ECC82, then the warranty is not valid.
It has happened that someone puts other tubes with the same pinout, but then that other tubes draws more or less current and then a malfunction may occur.
I bought a Nirvana a year or so ago and upgraded the tubes to better ones immediately; didn't realize that voided the warranty, as I've used tube gear for many years and have never before come across a maker of tube gear that will not allow tube rolling/upgrading or they void the warranty. That is terrible.

I'm selling mine anyway, but if your gear is so delicate or poorly designed that tubes can't be rolled like for like, rest assured I shall purchase nothing from Auris ever again; many, many alternatives are out there without this draconian warranty business...

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #476 of 985
I bought a Nirvana a year or so ago and upgraded the tubes to better ones immediately; didn't realize that voided the warranty, as I've used tube gear for many years and have never before come across a maker of tube gear that will not allow tube rolling/upgrading or they void the warranty. That is terrible.

I'm selling mine anyway, but if your gear is so delicate or poorly designed that tubes can't be rolled like for like, rest assured I shall purchase nothing from Auris ever again; many, many alternatives are out there without this draconian warranty business...
He actually said in the Post that you quoted, that the warranty is only voided if you use a tube type OTHER than EL34/ECC82. You can freely roll EL34 or ECC82 tubes in your Nirvana.

However Rolling in a KT88 for instance would void the warranty, since they draw more current. The amp itself would take them tho since the octal socket is identical for both.

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #477 of 985
He actually said in the Post that you quoted, that the warranty is only voided if you use a tube type OTHER than EL34/ECC82. You can freely roll EL34 or ECC82 tubes in your Nirvana.

However Rolling in a KT88 for instance would void the warranty, since they draw more current. The amp itself would take them tho since the octal socket is identical for both.
You are right - my bad - sorry to Miroslav. I read about some other things farther up the thread about people saying they couldn't replace like-for-like, and I misread that....

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #478 of 985
@Miroslav EarMen thanks for your prompt response but then why @Aquileolus Nirvana was denied warranty and support ?

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #479 of 985
Hello,

I had a background noise on the nirvana, I thought it was because of the power cord which was defective or my line or even tubes. I communicated this problem to Auris audio, sent the amp to after-sales service. The problem was still present.
I had my line tested, the RCA and XLR cables changed, the after-sales service cleaned my tubes... nothing helped. I saw this with an electonician friend who came to my house and oh surprise when changing Dac (with a TT2), no more noise...
So I checked my dac at a friend's with other cables, other amps, no noise
The conclusion is that nirvana doesn’t pair with all dacs, so it's the lottery.

I tested different dacs with or without battery :
- no noise on the Chord Hugo2 chord and the TT2, the violetric DHA590
- noises on nuprime, pegasus, oppo Sonica

I'm not going to go on a crusade with Auris Audio because I lost in advance with them.
My question is the following dear Nirvana owner friends:
Have you had this problem and finally what dac do you have for nirvana ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #480 of 985
Hello, I had a background noise on the nirvana, I thought it was because of the power cord which was defective or my line or even tubes. I communicated this problem to Auris audio, sent the amp to after-sales service. The problem was still present.

I had my line tested, the RCA and XLR cables changed, the after-sales service cleaned my tubes... nothing helped. I saw this with an electonician friend who came to my house and oh surprise when changing Dac (with a TT2), no more noise...

The conclusion is that nirvana doesn’t pair with all dacs, so it's the lottery.

I tested different dacs with or without battery :

- no noise on the Chord Hugo2 chord and the TT2, the violetric DHA590
Hello, I had a background noise on the nirvana, I thought it was because of the power cord which was defective or my line or even tubes. I communicated this problem to Auris audio, sent the amp to after-sales service. The problem was still present.

The conclusion is that nirvana does not pair with all dacs, so it's the lottery.

I tested different dacs with or without battery:

- no noise on the Hugo2 and the TT2, the violetric DHA590

I'm not going to go on a crusade with Auris Audio because I lost in advance with them.

My question is the following dear Nirvana owner friends:

Have you had this problem and finally what dac do you have for nirvana?

thanks in advance.

My question is the following dear Nirvana owner friends :

Have you had this problem and finally what dac do you have for nirvana ?

Thanks in advance.

I have not had this issue - but I do have a simple hypothesis - this might be due to the voltage level out of your DAC.

Specifically, the Nirvana's input sensitiviy (I emailed them last year in October to ask in advance of pairing it with my Bricasti DAC to make sure I had good voltage matching; my prior DAC, the Brooklyn Bridge was running extraordinariliy hot at 9V so I did't want to take risks) is:

- 1.4V max line-in voltage for the RCA
- 2.8V max line-in voltage for the XLR

This doesn't mean (now it's layman input) that if you plug a higher voltage it won't work, rather you may get some noise as it will run too hot for the amp.

Check the voltage out specs on all the DACs above, and see if this explains it. If any of them have both RCA and (real balanced) XLR out, I'd try to use the latter (the Nirvana is a pure single ended amp, so on its output the XLR has no meaning; but on its input, it will transform the balacned to single ended, and accept twice the voltage)

Another way to test this is, if your DAC has volume, or if you have a preamp in the chain prior, to reduce the volume - so the Nirvana gets lets than unity gain.

I'm not an expert, so everything I say above may be wrong. But I have a gut feeling this may be helpful to your question... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back