Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Aug 17, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #436 of 1,027
Yes indeed. I assume(?) they have a head-fi account, your should tag them. I’d do same on head-fi group on Facebook tagging them, and on their own Facebook page (assume they have one).

For companies like ZMF, you sneeze they fly over with a box of tissue paper. And then, companies like Auris (seems like) need the modern social media ping to jump to proper action.

Sorry this is your experience!
Isn’t the Auris service center in Southern California? Any possibility of taking it to them in person? I have failed PS on my HA-2SF, and have been given 2 service locations, one on each coast. Please out the one that is a problem.

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #437 of 1,027
Isn’t the Auris service center in Southern California? Any possibility of taking it to them in person? I have failed PS on my HA-2SF, and have been given 2 service locations, one on each coast. Please out the one that is a problem.
Attn: @Aquileolus

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #438 of 1,027
I'm in North California unfortunately, and the so called service center is just a small audio repair shop, since Auris still ignoring me despite all the following up email I sent, I will take it to a local audio shop for an inspection, I don't think a power supply is that hard to fix...

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #439 of 1,027
In their last email, he asked me whether I did a tube swapping, and I answered that I'm using a pair of Sophia Electric EL34 in my response, don't know if that is the reason they start to ignore me? Will tube swapping void their warranty or what?

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #440 of 1,027
In their last email, he asked me whether I did a tube swapping, and I answered that I'm using a pair of Sophia Electric EL34 in my response, don't know if that is the reason they start to ignore me? Will tube swapping void their warranty or what?
I don't think so, if you are using similar specs tube then it shouldn't void the warranty as Auris themselves mention Electroharmonix and Tung-Sol tubes as default tube on website page of Nirvana but give JJ tubes as stock in Auris Nirvana.

Aug 19, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #441 of 1,027
I don't think thats gonna void your warranty, who dosen't tube roll when using a tube amp? As long as your are using the tube within the similar spec range you should be fine.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #442 of 1,027
of course not. If you plugged another tube type that could certainly void a warranty. but if you use EL34 per specs, that's just how it's meant to be used.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #443 of 1,027
Went to a local amplifier repair shop today and we found out what’s going wrong, a NTC Thermistor has cracked and melting the relay beside it…
It should be an easy fix but since the text on the thermistor has melted so we don’t know what’s the part number of it…
It would be much easier if Auris is responding… but now if any of you guys have opened that cover, it would great if you could send me a photo of the side with text, much appreciated

Attachments

• 49F63E8A-7FC3-427F-9859-43DFF8454995.jpeg
    49F63E8A-7FC3-427F-9859-43DFF8454995.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #444 of 1,027
Have Nirvana owners been able to compare it with the Allnic HPA 5000 ?

Regards,

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #445 of 1,027
So the Auris is still ignoring me, but interestingly the owner of the my local audio repair shop was able to get a few replies from Auris, and he was able to get the part number for that varistor, and I will just ask him to fix it for me...
So what I have gathered here is Auris is just ignoring my email, and they are still replying others, which lead me to think about were I speak something rude or wrong?
Since English is not my first language, I will attach the emails here, and hope you guys can help me understand why I deserved this...
The last email is I trying one last time to see if they can reimburse the cost for the varistor replacement, which cost around $200 including the inspection, but I didn't put much hope on it...

Attachments

• 2022-08-25 173854.png
    2022-08-25 173854.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022-08-25 174057.png
    2022-08-25 174057.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2022-08-25 174249.png
    2022-08-25 174249.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 25, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #446 of 1,027
I don't have time to read these in detail, but I'm guessing they are a compnay that simply isn't great with direct-to-consumer customer services, and don't reply or reply fast to emails consumer send to them direcctly.

I'm going to guess much of their buisness is B2B, i.e. they sell most of their units through deals around their world (I bought mine through Moon Audio in the US, many others carry their product I think). So they probbaly reply to deals and other business customers better.

They do sell direct to consumers on their website, so that is a very poor excuse. They should be providing good consumer service if they offer direct sales. And, regardless, they should reply to anyone fast as they have warranties in place. They are probably a small boutique audio startup like many in this business. But others (ZMF notable) are outstanding regardless of being a startup.

I'd just forget it and move on. You got a solution. and I don't think you'll get more out of this :frowning2:

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #447 of 1,027
I don't have time to read these in detail, but I'm guessing they are a compnay that simply isn't great with direct-to-consumer customer services, and don't reply or reply fast to emails consumer send to them direcctly.

I'm going to guess much of their buisness is B2B, i.e. they sell most of their units through deals around their world (I bought mine through Moon Audio in the US, many others carry their product I think). So they probbaly reply to deals and other business customers better.

They do sell direct to consumers on their website, so that is a very poor excuse. They should be providing good consumer service if they offer direct sales. And, regardless, they should reply to anyone fast as they have warranties in place. They are probably a small boutique audio startup like many in this business. But others (ZMF notable) are outstanding regardless of being a startup.

I'd just forget it and move on. You got a solution. and I don't think you'll get more out of this :frowning2:
The thing got me confused the most is they reply my first couple emails pretty fast (within a few hours), and then stop replying for 10 days...

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #448 of 1,027
Ok, finally got a reply after 10 days, attached screenshot. There are so many '!' there make me feel that he is just yelling at me...
And based on his word, if you ever changed your tubes, even they are EL34s, it very likely will void your warranty, just keep that in mind

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 11.35.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 11.35.27 PM.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #449 of 1,027
Ok, finally got a reply after 10 days, attached screenshot. There are so many '!' there make me feel that he is just yelling at me...
And based on his word, if you ever changed your tubes, even they are EL34s, it very likely will void your warranty, just keep that in mind
I'm speechless, to be very honest how do you expect people not to tube roll with a tube amp especially when the stock tubes are trash?? If tube rolling may gets your warranty void they should have warn the customers, hope you can get the psu fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #450 of 1,027
This is atrocious Display of customer service.
I'm shocked to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back