Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Sep 4, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #481 of 1,016
Thank you @goldwerger.

But :

The oppo sonica has a variable and fixed voltage and the problem is the same in both cases without even putting sound : the noise appears as soon as the rca or xlr are connected...

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #482 of 1,016
Thank you @goldwerger.

But :

The oppo sonica has a variable and fixed voltage and the problem is the same in both cases without even putting sound : the noise appears as soon as the rca or xlr are connected...

I see the XLR out on the Sonica is 4V and RCA out is 2V - it’s more than the Nirvana’s input sensitivity, but not by much.

did you try other cables?

It does seem like these 2 units just don’t want to play together nicely.

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #483 of 1,016
Yes of course, nothing has changed... that's life.

Thats why I'm asking what dac do you have ?

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #484 of 1,016
Yes of course, nothing has changed... that's life.

Thats why I'm asking what dac do you have ?

I'm using the Bricasti M3 - it's dead quite (across many headphones and even IEMs)

Sep 5, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #486 of 1,016
Do you guys leave the power supply on or off after listen to the amp??

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #487 of 1,016
Do you guys leave the power supply on or off after listen to the amp??
Always on. I just use the on/off switch on the amp itself.

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #488 of 1,016
Always on. I just use the on/off switch on the amp itself.
Me 2, but the psu malfunction incident had me worry a little, it's good to know that other people leave it on as well.

Sep 5, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #489 of 1,016
Me 2, but the psu malfunction incident had me worry a little, it's good to know that other people leave it on as well.

I have it in a hifi rack, isolated from other components, so I feel pretty comfortable with it.

It’s cold when the amp is off. So I think we are fine..

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #491 of 1,016
Just got an email from Auris announcing their new Nirvana version. Since they haven’t synchronized their marketing and it’s not listed on their website, I’ll share here the content of the email I got.

This is one case where I’m very happy to got the last classic wood design of the Nirvana. The new version (internals seem substantially same, as all prior versions) is simply not as special and rather interchangeable with so many tube amps on the market.

I have a feeling the wooden amp version will become a collectors item and highly desirable at some point. But that’s just a guess. Either way, a rare case of not experiencing symptoms of upgraditis..

950FDA11-1811-4F3A-80A3-1A03AFF76652.jpeg
9F4BEF15-FD8F-4706-ADAD-ACE38F830C6B.jpeg

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #492 of 1,016
Just got an email from Auris announcing their new Nirvana version. Since they haven’t synchronized their marketing and it’s not listed on their website, I’ll share here the content of the email I got.

This is one case where I’m very happy to got the last classic wood design of the Nirvana. The new version (internals seem substantially same, as all prior versions) is simply not as special and rather interchangeable with so many tube amps on the market.

I have a feeling the wooden amp version will become a collectors item and highly desirable at some point. But that’s just a guess. Either way, a rare case of not experiencing symptoms of upgraditis..

The knob on top of the transformer chassis looks rather awkward and the look overall seems boring, the old wooden one looks so much better.....

The good thing is now it have a pre out.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #493 of 1,016
The knob on top of the transformer chassis looks rather awkward, the look overall seems boring, the old wooden one looks so much better.....

The good thing is now it have pre out.

Completely agree

Yes if pre-out is important I guess that would be a consideration (I use it as one of few amps, so I have a separate pre control)

As headphone amp, the wood is a keeper..

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #494 of 1,016

950FDA11-1811-4F3A-80A3-1A03AFF76652.jpeg9F4BEF15-FD8F-4706-ADAD-ACE38F830C6B.jpeg
It looks like the bean counters at Auris have done a job on the Nirvana. My Nirvana looks so much better. :relaxed:

Sep 26, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #495 of 1,016

Users who are viewing this thread

Back