AURALiC owners unite!
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #2,342 of 2,392
Jun 24, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #2,344 of 2,392
If someone is lurking for a G1 :) mine is in the classifieds.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #2,345 of 2,392
I'm looking the the Auralic Altair G 2.1 to simplify my home setup. Can anyone comment on the quality of this unit's DAC? Is the DAC the same or lesser quality as the Vega G 2.1. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #2,346 of 2,392
I'm looking the the Auralic G 2.1 to simplify my home setup. Can anyone comment on the quality of this unit's DAC? Is the DAC the same or lesser quality as the Vega G 2.1. Thanks.
Assuming you mean the Altair, my understanding is that the DAC in the Vega should be better than the one in the Altair.

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #2,347 of 2,392
I'm looking the the Auralic Altair G 2.1 to simplify my home setup. Can anyone comment on the quality of this unit's DAC? Is the DAC the same or lesser quality as the Vega G 2.1. Thanks.
Auralic, on their website, state that the DACs for the Altair G2.1 and Vega G2.1 are both 'high performance': https://us.auralic.com/pages/which-product-to-buy

The Altair G2.1 is designed to be an all-in-one digital front end.

The Vega G2.1 is designed to be a DAC first and foremost, with streaming functionality and a headphone amplifier bolted on. It is intended to be used as a complete digital front end in partnership with their Aries G2.1 streamer and Sirius G2.1 upsampling processor, with a further option to add the LEO GX.1 reference master clock.

When I decided to go for the Vega G2.1, I wanted the option to add a headphone amplifier, streamer and upsampling processor at a later date. The DAC performance of the Vega G2.1 is extraordinary, punching far above its weight and price point, especially if you can find an ex-demo model.

Finally, try and find a dealer that will let you demo Auralic gear at home for a few days, rather than listening for a couple of hours in the store. They don't have to be local either, mine is 500 miles away!

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #2,349 of 2,392
Looks like Auralic lineup changed a lot, and not to the better.
Full focus on streamers with pretty bad value proposition comparing to others.
Would you elaborate and let us know what other streamers you think are a better value proposition? I am new to this and would appreciate your thoughts, especially about the Auralic G 2.1. Thanks.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #2,350 of 2,392
Looks like Auralic lineup changed a lot, and not to the better.
Full focus on streamers with pretty bad value proposition comparing to others.
Changed a lot since when? The Altair is the newest product and the original one was their entry level all-in-one. I heard that and it was very good for the money. I imagine that the 2.1 is very good. I lived with the Vega 2.0 for a month or so and was very impressed with it.

I think Auralic are excellent products and offer good value based on performance, quality, the app and the fact that Auralic are committed to providing software updates on a regular basis and also update the firmware on a regular basis, even for products that they have discontinued.

I’m not sure what products offer better value.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #2,351 of 2,392
Would you elaborate and let us know what other streamers you think are a better value proposition? I am new to this and would appreciate your thoughts, especially about the Auralic G 2.1. Thanks.
You mean the Altair G2.1 - there are a lot of products called ‘G2.1’.

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #2,353 of 2,392
Feb 7, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #2,354 of 2,392
Changed a lot since when? The Altair is the newest product and the original one was their entry level all-in-one. I heard that and it was very good for the money. I imagine that the 2.1 is very good. I lived with the Vega 2.0 for a month or so and was very impressed with it.

I think Auralic are excellent products and offer good value based on performance, quality, the app and the fact that Auralic are committed to providing software updates on a regular basis and also update the firmware on a regular basis, even for products that they have discontinued.

I’m not sure what products offer better value.
I believe he's referring to back when they still made the Vega and Taurus mk2 and didn't have all these "G2.1" monikers afterward. I'm only saying that because I thought the same thing he did when I saw their latest lineup. I still love my Auralic Taurus mk2!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #2,355 of 2,392
I believe he's referring to back when they still made the Vega and Taurus mk2 and didn't have all these "G2.1" monikers afterward. I'm only saying that because I thought the same thing he did when I saw their latest lineup. I still love my Auralic Taurus mk2!
When they released Vega and Taurus it was exceptional for that time design that really put the company into spotlight. Plus it had a killer value for buck ratio.
Now it's just another manufacturer making boring all look alike overpriced streamers, not getting into headlines or featured at head-fi meets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back