AURALiC owners unite!
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #2,326 of 2,392
I had the hum on my Taurus mk2 until i connect the grounds together by using a wire between two rca poles (+/+ or -/-). The background is now pitch black. I can't remember if i found the tip here or on the Auralic forum but it seems that it has been validated by the support.

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #2,327 of 2,392
I had hum that was audible with hd800 but became irritating with srh1540, "99% gone" now with this little tweak.

Attachments

• 20220227_104903.jpg
    20220227_104903.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #2,328 of 2,392
Tried the two methods described, no improvement. Might end up buying the humX thingy.

The most annoying thing is just that it picks up interference with my pc, so if I move my mouse it makes a little eeeee noise as it moves.

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #2,329 of 2,392
Turns out amazon has same-day shipping for the humX. Also picked up an rca "ground loop filter" for the heck of it since it was 10$. I'll let you guys know how it goes ^.^

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #2,330 of 2,392
The amp when setup properly is absolutely silent, even at max volume with sensitive phones or IEMs. (may be I am just lucky)
My setup
PC (USB) -> Auralic Vega (balanced out) -> Auralic Taurus MK II (balanced in)

I also have Denon small speaker amp plugged into Vega RCA which was causing some issues similar to described, it has two prong floating ground power, plugging it into Hum-X fixed it.
Seems like devices with floating ground like laptops, etc., are prone to introducing these noises. Try to move them to separate outlet or use Hum-X or similar ground loop isolators on them.

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,331 of 2,392
Got my humX in, the noise is barely audible at specific positions on the knob, and silent at others. Still find it strange the way the noise works (I hear crackling at min volume, no crackling/noise at all at around 8-10 oclock (which is perfect, as that's the volume I listen to on my th900's anyways), and crackling that gets louder as I turn the knob up past that point.

It gets fairly noticeable towards max volume, but compared to the volume of the music it would be playing at that point I'm not too worried about it.
I'd say the humx got entirely rid of the "hum", interference with my pc, and reduced the crackling noise by about 80% when just connecting the amp and dac directly to it. Still kinda confused on what in my room is causing the noise, but I'm happy with everything for sure. Good recommendation! I'll have to get around to putting other stuff onto the humx to see what else can affect it. I do have two security cameras connected to two plugs in my room, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was them, but unfortunately I can't move them from where they are plugged as the wiring for them goes straight into the wall.

Feb 27, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #2,332 of 2,392
Can confirm the issue was caused by the security cameras. Turning them off made the amp 100% silent. Not an easy fix bc I want the cameras on, and still surprised the amp is picking up interference so easily, but good to know the amp is 100%!

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #2,334 of 2,392
Friends. I am considering getting the Auralic Vega G2.1. Any feedback on this DAC-streamer?

Would be grateful.
I used a Vega G2 for a month or so and I can highly recommend it. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with one.

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #2,336 of 2,392
How would you describe the sonic qualities of the built-in DAC?
It's been nearly 1.5 years since I lived with it and I wouldn't want to try and describe it too much based on memory (obviously I wasn't taking notes). :smirk:

I do recall being very impressed and I considered keeping it and cancelling my order for a TT2/M-Scaler, it was that good. I don't recall it being quite as detailed/transparent as my current DAVE/M-Scaler but the sound was very enjoyable and the soundstage was good from what I can recall.

I could have quite happily stuck with the Vega instead of the TT2 and I wouldn't have felt I was missing out on anything at all.

Mar 1, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #2,337 of 2,392
Friends. I am considering getting the Auralic Vega G2.1. Any feedback on this DAC-streamer?

Would be grateful.
I very recently got the Vega g2.1 and the Aries g2.1. Unfortunately, they arrived while I was moving houses, and so I've not even had a chance to set them up yet. When I do, I'll post my impressions. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Mar 1, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #2,338 of 2,392
I very recently got the Vega g2.1 and the Aries g2.1. Unfortunately, they arrived while I was moving houses, and so I've not even had a chance to set them up yet. When I do, I'll post my impressions. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Cool. Look forward. I might be auditioning them on Friday.

Mar 1, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #2,339 of 2,392
Cool. Look forward. I might be auditioning them on Friday.
I look forward to your impressions! I think I'll be unpacking my goodies this weekend. So I should be able to get some impressions of my own in a few days.

I'm going to A/B against my Chord Hugo 2 and 2Go on my two-channel system. I wish I could A/B it with my Wadia CD player. But unfortunately it did not survive the home move.

Mar 28, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #2,340 of 2,392
I feed my Taurus Mk2 with my Vega through balanced connections.

When I plug in my headphones using the XLR connection and select the STD output, everything is fine, but selecting the BAL output creates a channel imbalance: the sound gets skewed to the right hand channel.
If I return the selection to STD, everything returns to normal. I have tried this with 2 different headphones and 2 different XLR cables. Also tried the Vega with a different amp and its XLR output and everything is normal.

So this points to the Taurus BAL output having a problem. Again, the XLR out works well if I keep the output to STD, but the sound gets skewed (I would say 70%) to the right channel if I select BAL. If I understand correctly, if I use the XLR output but leave the output selector to STD, this is like SE...I'm not really in balanced, even though I'm on an XLR connector?

Has anyone had this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back