Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #676 of 8,309
Quote:
I need to make a nice wooden case/stand for my tubes :wink:

Don`t have it yet but will make it if I have enough time for that. Lot of other projects on the run atm. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #677 of 8,309
Just got my aune t1, and now while typing this out  i am currently using it with my grado 325is. Lovely tube dac, excellent amp. A few 6n23p both voshkod and reflektor will be coming in soon and i am very excited for the tube rolling process to begin.  

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #678 of 8,309
Why should I prefer WASAPI? ASIO drivers are needed if you use ASIO output plugin with winamp. 

Because T1 uses Tenor 7022 which is plug and play.. Wasapi is the most straightforward means built into windows since vista to direct audio straight to DAC, bypassing any windows mixers, for plug and play sound devices..

Driver is definitely needed for your ASIO output to work since ASIO is not a protocol built into T1.. You are essentially routing the audio an extra step out, although I must say I don't know how much an effect that will be to the sound...

Some DACs that are 24bit/192kHz capable (ie using Tenor 8802) need drivers for that bit rate to work.. And most often those drivers are ASIO driven, then selecting ASIO will be the optimum choice.. No harm selecting wasapi too, but again, there might not be perfect synergy as the ASIO is, most of the time if not surely, a better fit since it was written for that specific hardware..

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #679 of 8,309
And ASIO plugin + driver does exactly the same thing! I see NO difference! KS, ASIO and WASAPI all bypass the windows mixer and stream audio straight to DAC via USB. Plug and play doesn`t matter in this case because it`s about source directing/output from software... DAC still recieves the data same way, does the same job, same way. How is ASIO driver + plugin an extra step? Explain me please. In which way is WASAPI most straightfoward? Because its built into windows?

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #680 of 8,309
Just received my unit, seems pretty good from my first listening session. This thing just destroys the Fiio E10 using high impedence cans, obviously. Build quality is really good.

Pretty impressed so far!

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #681 of 8,309
As promised...the Tube Box:

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #683 of 8,309
how long does upscaleaudio generally take to ship products purchased the amperex 7308 on the 25th and still not shipped, anywhere else that stocks the amperex 7308 and actually ships items faster?

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #684 of 8,309
Quote:
its going to take a bit for evaluation

That's just.... awesome. btw how many different tubes you own? For someone with that kind of collection T1 seems to be a good investment.

Side note: Rocket logos are in and early impressions are that I really like this tube. Haven't had time to do extensive listening yet, but so far can't find too many things that irritate me with the rocket. Seems to work well with many genres also. Playlist jumping from Joe Satriani to Ice Cube to Kim Wilson to Sheryl Crow to Steeldrivers and it sounds great. Maybe it is indeed the intimacy that joeq described that makes this tube so fun to listen. Or then I'm just getting used to the T1 sound (most likely this). There could be a little bit more air on the sound stage and some extra clarity though, but this is definitely a good tube. Especially to listen alone in the dark at 4 am (like I'm doing now). Also this seller seems legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6N23P-E88CC-6DJ8-TUBES-NOS-NEW-USSR-MILITARY-FOR-AUDIO-AMP-PREAMP-VINTAGE-/170978975997?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27cf2420fd $8 + $10 is not bad for 2 perfectly working rocket logo tubes.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #687 of 8,309
Quote:
My Aune is due to arrive tomorrow, cant wait, though  its going to take a bit for evaluation

Dude!!!!

Looking forward to read your evaluation!
popcorn.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #688 of 8,309
Quote:
[...] Maybe it is indeed the intimacy that joeq described that makes this tube so fun to listen. [...] Also this seller seems legit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6N23P-E88CC-6DJ8-TUBES-NOS-NEW-USSR-MILITARY-FOR-AUDIO-AMP-PREAMP-VINTAGE-/170978975997?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27cf2420fd $8 + $10 is not bad for 2 perfectly working rocket logo tubes.

Okay.  I'm sold.  That is going to be my first roll in the T1. 
L3000.gif

Thanks, Salvatore.  Thanks you all in this thread!! 

BTW, if any of you is going to be the SF bay area meet on Feb 17, drop me a PM.  I'd love the change to meet you personally.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #689 of 8,309
Walfredo - I didn't know there was a meet. PM details, I might make it over.

Salvatore - really glad you like the rocket logo, it is a really good all-rounder like you said.

XpIisit - I ordered mine and received in 3 days from upscale. I would call them at this point, maybe the shipping co. lost your package. Did you get an order processing email?

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #690 of 8,309
Oh man .... Why did I have to visit Upscale's website tonight? I would never had known they had these back in stock: http://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/Telefunken-E88CC-%7B47%7D-6922.html -- and consequently would be $200 richer right now.

It'll be here Wednesday ... so excited ! Review (and gloating) soon to come.

Speaking of tubes that cost more than the amp you put them in, anyone have experience with these babies? http://www.upscaleaudio.com/miniwatt-dario-e188cc-7308/ The description is very enticing ... maybe it's better than the Telefunken for the music I like (IDM, classical, prog)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back