Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,441 of 1,991
If you visit Indonesia, or has a friend there you can try getting one of these limited edition: www.tokopedia.com/pisible/nuansa-a1
I've spoken with the builder and he said that this amp doesn't really add much colour. It stays true to the original sound from the source, and scales the volume and at the same time preserving a lot of details and resolution. If you're interested, I'd recommend asking @nmatheis about it since he has both M1s, and A1.

@nmatheis also has a dedicated thread for the maker of that amp if is someone's interested. Here: Revamp Acoustics

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #1,443 of 1,991
If you visit Indonesia, or has a friend there you can try getting one of these limited edition: www.tokopedia.com/pisible/nuansa-a1
I've spoken with the builder and he said that this amp doesn't really add much colour. It stays true to the original sound from the source, and scales the volume and at the same time preserving a lot of details and resolution. If you're interested, I'd recommend asking @nmatheis about it since he has both M1s, and A1.

@nmatheis also has a dedicated thread for the maker of that amp if is someone's interested. Here: Revamp Acoustics

Well thanks a lot but do you guys happen to have fiio a5 lying around? Does it change the sound of Aune M1s?

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,444 of 1,991
Apologies if this has been asked a bunch of times, but I have not figured out how to search within threads since the head-fi update.

Anyway.. has anyone compared the M1S to the Lotoo Paw 5000? I think I read a review by Twister comparing the two but any more feedback would be good.

I am after a mid-fi DAP with a good battery life. I like hardware buttons and I do not care for album art. These two seem pretty well matched but rattling buttons does worry me a little.

Cheers.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,445 of 1,991
Apologies if this has been asked a bunch of times, but I have not figured out how to search within threads since the head-fi update.

Anyway.. has anyone compared the M1S to the Lotoo Paw 5000? I think I read a review by Twister comparing the two but any more feedback would be good.

I am after a mid-fi DAP with a good battery life. I like hardware buttons and I do not care for album art. These two seem pretty well matched but rattling buttons does worry me a little.

Cheers.
i own lotoo paw5k and aune m1s. tbh, i like lotoo paw5k better simply because it has parametric eq and we can alter the sound to our liking. bass is better on aune but lotoo paw5k has better transparency and resolution on midrange in my opinion. amp in paw5k is weaker. currently i'm using audio technica im03

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #1,446 of 1,991
IMG_20170621_155710139.jpg

New standard Viablue jack looks big on the M1s (or any DAP for that matter). It has some influence in increasing the quantity of mid-bass, and consequently overall note density.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,448 of 1,991
I put my m1s inside my bag when I'm on travel because I don't want to hold it but and it gets hot after a while. Is it normal?
Yes because it's metal chassis that is heatsink and disperse the heat away from
Internal electronic components.

It works that way for Cayin N5 and N6/i5
All metal chassis too, etc.

Andykong joked you shouldn't (or could)cook eggs on them at one point

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #1,450 of 1,991
So, is it bad when it gets hot? I guess I'll just hold it next time. Thanks
I wouldn't recommend you throwing it in your bag like me. I think chips inside have a much higher boiling point. But your bag also doesn't have airflow so it explains why its hot.

I also carry it in my hand starting from yesterday. But mine has been in bag for a few days and it's still super functional!

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,451 of 1,991
I wouldn't recommend you throwing it in your bag like me. I think chips inside have a much higher boiling point. But your bag also doesn't have airflow so it explains why its hot.

I also carry it in my hand starting from yesterday. But mine has been in bag for a few days and it's still super functional!

I'll just hold mine. Prevention is better than cure :joy:

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #1,453 of 1,991
Hello guys,

Just checking if you have the same experience. There are 2 alac albums that won't play in my M1S. Each song sounds like a broken CD playing just half a second over and over.

Tried formatting the SD card to exfat and fat 32 but same end result. So I checked the tool used to encode them vs. the ones I personally converted to alac from iTunes through Foobar. Those files exhibiting this behavior were encoded through Lavf55.19.104. Tried converting them using Foobar through its own tool and the device hangs and won't play anything at all when tested.

It seems to me that this seems to be a decoder problem. Hence, a firmware issue.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #1,454 of 1,991
Hello guys,

Just checking if you have the same experience. There are 2 alac albums that won't play in my M1S. Each song sounds like a broken CD playing just half a second over and over.

Tried formatting the SD card to exfat and fat 32 but same end result. So I checked the tool used to encode them vs. the ones I personally converted to alac from iTunes through Foobar. Those files exhibiting this behavior were encoded through Lavf55.19.104. Tried converting them using Foobar through it's own tool and the device hangs and won't play anything at all when tested.

It seems to me that this seems to be a decoder problem. Hence, a firmware issue.
Yes it just happened to me right now.

I have a very old Fire Emblem soundtrack that is encoded in Mp3 via Lavf55.19.104
But the device hangs and then unhangs and tries to play each song and lags badly.

So I have to quickly hit folder view and play a random song to get player back to normal.

Mine doesn't completely hang, it just becomes incredibly slow.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,455 of 1,991
Yes it just happened to me right now.

I have a very old Fire Emblem soundtrack that is encoded in Mp3 via Lavf55.19.104
But the device hangs and then unhangs and tries to play each song and lags badly.

So I have to quickly hit folder view and play a random song to get player back to normal.

Mine doesn't completely hang, it just becomes incredibly slow.

So, it really is quite sensitive to the encoding.

Just to clarify, the lavf55.19.104 files just caused the player to sound like a broken cd. When I converted it through foobar's qaac 2.64, CoreAudioToolbox 7.10.8.0, Apple Lossless Encoder, that's when the device became incredibly slow and hangs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back