Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,432 of 1,991
Fwiw I've never heard any "Sabre glare" in any of the Sabre equipped devices (somewhere between ten and twenty) I own(ed). Maybe it was present in older implementations or maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others. For me personally it's a myth, as always ymmw.

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,433 of 1,991
Fwiw I've never heard any "Sabre glare" in any of the Sabre equipped devices (somewhere between ten and twenty) I own(ed). Maybe it was present in older implementations or maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others. For me personally it's a myth, as always ymmw.
I dunno. My LG v20 causes small pains when I listen to singers with high notes that have a piercing vocal for duration of 2 seconds per combined word.

But something like FiiO X5III that doesn't happen.

It doesn't affect otherwise in my listening.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #1,434 of 1,991
I dunno. My LG v20 causes small pains when I listen to singers with high notes that have a piercing vocal for duration of 2 seconds per combined word.

Well, the "Saber Glare" sound signature from Saber chip holds true if you are using older firmware based on some of the head-fier replies in this forum few months ago. You might had come across it only if you joined this thread earlier.......In my opinion, Aune M1s still sounds comparatively brighter, colder, wider, higher definition at lower end frequency when compared to another mini stack of mine (Sony NWZ-A15 > Fiio A1).....Anyway, this is the only reason why I am trying my best to get an amp that does not change the sound signature of my Aune M1s but instead just making it sounds louder.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,435 of 1,991
Well, the "Saber Glare" sound signature from Saber chip holds true if you are using older firmware based on some of the head-fier replies in this forum few months ago. You might had come across it only if you joined this thread earlier.......In my opinion, Aune M1s still sounds comparatively brighter, colder, wider, higher definition at lower end frequency when compared to another mini stack of mine (Sony NWZ-A15 > Fiio A1).....Anyway, this is the only reason why I am trying my best to get an amp that does not change the sound signature of my Aune M1s but instead just making it sounds louder.
@peter123 @Ver JJ thanks for your input!
it could just be that LG made their device the way it was I don't know. Going from V20.

But for sure it does not exist in Aune M1S then since you and peter confirmed. I'm not crazy yet lol. Cause I did not hear it in Aune either.
Aune shipped me a device with latest 1.06 firmware!

Let us know if you do come across an amp that you like.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,436 of 1,991

But something like FiiO X5III that doesn't happen.

It doesn't affect otherwise in my listening.

Though I agree that the LG V20 sounds brighter than the M1s when I compared the two, I just haven't noticed the glare or piercing vocals on the former. It could be the gear we are using but I'll try to observe that later when I test both devices again. Which hp/iem/buds did you use when you noticed the glare on the V20?

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,437 of 1,991
Though I agree that the LG V20 sounds brighter than the M1s when I compared the two, I just haven't noticed the glare or piercing vocals on the former. It could be the gear we are using but I'll try to observe that later when I test both devices again. Which hp/iem/buds did you use when you noticed the glare on the V20?
So I don't have to go to the looney bin yay!

I used Trinity Vyrus V1 IEM. Gold filter undamped.

It could be my iems that emphasized it on V20.

It doesn't have that piercing effect on like Periodic MG.

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,438 of 1,991
I use the Aune MS1 with a Fireye HDB (balanced in balanced out) portable amp. I think it sounds great. Better definition in the bass section and fuller sounding than the M1s alone. I think it keeps the general sound signature of the Aune but makes it sound bigger and fuller. Tons of power to drive high impedence headphones with 3 gain stages. You might want to check it out. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/firestone-fireye-hdb

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,439 of 1,991
I use the Aune MS1 with a Fireye HDB (balanced in balanced out) portable amp. I think it sounds great. Better definition in the bass section and fuller sounding than the M1s alone. I think it keeps the general sound signature of the Aune but makes it sound bigger and fuller. Tons of power to drive high impedence headphones with 3 gain stages. You might want to check it out. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/firestone-fireye-hdb

Hmm, interesting indeed but the price is a little too........well sadly I am still a student......so yeah.....anyhow I will still add it into my purchase list and hope that it is still available when I purchase it in the future, thanks anyways.

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,440 of 1,991
If you visit Indonesia, or has a friend there you can try getting one of these limited edition: www.tokopedia.com/pisible/nuansa-a1
I've spoken with the builder and he said that this amp doesn't really add much colour. It stays true to the original sound from the source, and scales the volume and at the same time preserving a lot of details and resolution. If you're interested, I'd recommend asking @nmatheis about it since he has both M1s, and A1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back