Revamp Acoustics
Feb 11, 2017 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 765

nmatheis

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys. I'm a proud owner of tjstyle's Teriplayer G1 DAP. It's a small WAV-only screenless DAP with Sabre ES9023 DAC and a DIP8 socket for rolling opamps handmade in Indonesia. I let a few headfi buddies who know good sound try Teri G1 at RMAF, and they are very impressed with the sound quality coming out of this little guy. One would've purchased it on the spot if I'd let him.

Here's the G1's introductory post from its dedicated THREAD:

This is the picture on hearing test. On the left is dap using dac chip es9023 asynch using 50mhz clock+ad8397 as internal amp and the left is the dev board using tda1387 and passive resistor and several dac chip module to be rolling..and there a semi final picture, it not final yet since the player will be engrave.

Please be patient for the dedicated thread since the tester for 10 dap on 1st batch will be final on next week. and we will find out how is the final result. (already revision from the lates I test and send an input to the builder)

you can see it really neat and simple, only arm m4 for the cpu using 1 clock to process the sample rate to 24bit - 192khz, the digital data decode and process using assembly language..
dac chip and internal as mention above.

only capable playing wav, builder say new FW can decode mp3 and flac but still need to wait.

After Teri G1, tjstyle decided to rebrand his creations under the Revamp Acoustics moniker. TJ's currently making a small production of the Nuansa A1 Amp. It's a discrete amp in the same form factor as Teri G1, making a nice stack.

Next on TJ's hit list is the Nuansa P1 screenless DAP. It'll have the same form factor as Teri G1 but the internals will be completely revamped (pun fully intended, lol) with a multi-bit DAC. P1 will also have TJ's next-generation firmware with increased functionality. nino9 and I should be getting one later this month or early next month and are very excited to test P1 out!

In addition to A1 and P1, tjstyle is playing around with a couple other designs like a portable tube amp and a touchscreen DAP with NOS R2R DAP. Nice!

So all you hard-core DAP fanatics, please stay tuned for upcoming impressions. And if your attending CanJam Singapore, try to find nino9 and listen to Nuansa P1 so you can let everyone know what you think.

With that, the waiting game begins...

:popcorn:

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 765
And a few more glamor shots...

Some more pics, courtesy of the respective owners from the Indonesian audio group

IMG_20161028_140003.jpg

http://revampacoustics.com/news/labs/news-from-the-labs-2/

Look what I found

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #9 of 765
That picture of the T1 in post #3 is TJ's prototype amp using the Korg Nutube.

korg-vacuum-tube-chip-e1422546780177-640x429.jpg

nutube1.png

"Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube."

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #13 of 765
I'm in!

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #14 of 765
Hi guys, and a very special welcome to tjstyle, the mastermind behind Revamp Acoustics. I've chatted with TJ quite a bit. He's a super nice guy who is always thinking of his next cool project.

tjstyle - Can you tell us a bit about yourself, your thoughts on what makes a good personal audio product, and how that philosophy is reflected in your designs? I'm sure people would love to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back