AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #5,779 of 5,890
What is the difference between ap7 and ap7 pro? I cannot find it from anywhere.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #5,780 of 5,890
What is the difference between ap7 and ap7 pro? I cannot find it from anywhere.
From what I can glean by reading reviews of both pairs, it looks as though the only real difference here is the tuning. I could be wrong though, and there might be other differences.

May 8, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #5,781 of 5,890
Does anyone know whether AudioSense has abandoned Shure-style IEM housings? I have both a T180 and a T300 which are excellent (the T300 easily keeps up with my SE535 in sound quality), and I was hoping for a more premium Shure-type Audiosense IEM with more presence and bass extension... but it seems to me they've pretty much switched to larger more unique housings?

May 8, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #5,782 of 5,890
Does anyone know whether AudioSense has abandoned Shure-style IEM housings? I have both a T180 and a T300 which are excellent (the T300 easily keeps up with my SE535 in sound quality), and I was hoping for a more premium Shure-type Audiosense IEM with more presence and bass extension... but it seems to me they've pretty much switched to larger more unique housings?

DT and AQ series are all 3D printed resin shells. Semi-custom shape and average size, that I find very comfortable. Very similar to Magaosi V3, GS Audio GD3C and TRI Meteor.:L3000:

Jun 27, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #5,783 of 5,890
While not inexpensive (at $300), these were considered by a lot of people to be punching in at well above their price point, when they were still in production. A lot of people have moved on by now, but I still have mine, and still use them. I doubt I will get rid of them. I just love the BA sound (when I am in the mood for it). I haven't listened to a ton of other all BA sets, but AS seems to have done it right IMHO.

I finally landed on Final Type E tips for mine and am using (also) a Tripowin 8 core SPC cable for mine.
This is some thread necromancy but I picked up the T800, the Soundrhyme SR7, and the Aful P8 sorta recently and the one I'm ultimately keeping (can't really afford nor want to keep all 3) is the T800. It's just so good. The SR7 is a close second but the T800 wins because it's so comfortable and it's like 98% of the way to the SR7. Audiosense got it so right with this IEM. It's a shame they've sorta just fallen off the face of the earth recently.

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #5,784 of 5,890
This is some thread necromancy but I picked up the T800, the Soundrhyme SR7, and the Aful P8 sorta recently and the one I'm ultimately keeping (can't really afford nor want to keep all 3) is the T800. It's just so good. The SR7 is a close second but the T800 wins because it's so comfortable and it's like 98% of the way to the SR7. Audiosense got it so right with this IEM. It's a shame they've sorta just fallen off the face of the earth recently.

Hearing that has cheered me up no end. I'm waiting on the T800 to arrive for my birthday. Had a few reservations picking an older model, over more recent offerings.:ksc75smile:

FLO AUDIO looks suspiciously like rebranded Audiosense targeted at the budget market, look at the tips, hard cases, packaging and IEM construction. Switch to QDC also makes sense, since high quality MMCX sockets are expensive and QDC is very popular in the budget sector.

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #5,785 of 5,890
Hearing that has cheered me up no end. I'm waiting on the T800 to arrive for my birthday. Had a few reservations picking an older model, over more recent offerings.:ksc75smile:

FLO AUDIO looks suspiciously like rebranded Audiosense targeted at the budget market, look at the tips, hard cases, packaging and IEM construction. Switch to QDC also makes sense, since high quality MMCX sockets are expensive and QDC is very popular in the budget sector.
QDC is like 2-pin? When you say "older model" do you mean older variant of the T800 or just that the T800 is older than the new, quite differemt sets? Never forget the wonder of Audosense's customer service person - enough to now make a 'necromantic' out of anyone. But maybe she is still at work with them?

Has T800 gone down in price any?

Jun 27, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #5,786 of 5,890

It's still a good purchase for sure, did you get it on sale/used?

I've noticed that too. The new 6 BA Bluelover from them looks interesting but I really shouldn't buy more IEMs until I've sold some :grimacing:

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #5,787 of 5,890
QDC is like 2-pin? When you say "older model" do you mean older variant of the T800 or just that the T800 is older than the new, quite differemt sets? Never forget the wonder of Audosense's customer service person - enough to now make a 'necromantic' out of anyone. But maybe she is still at work with them?

Has T800 gone down in price any?

The Audiosense rep was called Elaine, very good customer service rep. Though I think lately there's a bit of radiosilence from them.

I saw the T800 at the last Aliexpress sale at $150ish USD or so with coupons and coins stacked. Crazy price.

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #5,788 of 5,890
The Audiosense rep was called Elaine, very good customer service rep. Though I think lately there's a bit of radiosilence from them.

I saw the T800 at the last Aliexpress sale at $150ish USD or so with coupons and coins stacked. Crazy price.
Haha i'll never get the hang of coins and coupons. Ot rather, the motivation to do so just doesn't seem to be there - and not because i'm "above" the need to budget!

Ah that's right, it was Elaine. She was one special gal... Any idea at all why the 'audiosilence' ?

A cursory look at Ali X today reveals but one T800 listing, at NZD530.....

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #5,789 of 5,890
Haha i'll never get the hang of coins and coupons. Ot rather, the motivation to do so just doesn't seem to be there - and not because i'm "above" the need to budget!

Ah that's right, it was Elaine. She was one special gal... Any idea at all why the 'audiosilence' ?

A cursory look at Ali X today reveals but one T800 listing, at NZD530.....

I think there should be a huge Aliexpress coming up in the next few weeks so hold your horses.

Sadly, I have a feeling Audiosense may be folding. There's no new releases, their reps are not really communicating much and most of their existing gear is being cleared out at firesale prices in the last tranche of sales. Doesn't look too optimistic TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back