AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #5,746 of 5,890
How is the Audiosense T800 compared to Campfire Audio Solaris Classic? I find myself craving for more bass using the Solaris I've heard the T800 from memory I think it has more bass. I was not gonna spend much for a 64 Audio U12T
While I have not heard the Solaris (classic or otherwise), I can say that the bass on the T800 is more DD-like than it is BA. Don't get me wrong, it is still decidedly all BA, but with the use of a vent on the shells, it seems to be able to move more air, which creates a deeper, bigger bass response.

Jan 4, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #5,747 of 5,890
Mine have normally shipped pretty quickly. Be aware that Covid is causing huge problems in China at the moment. You can extend delivery time in the order details for the order (default is 10 days as I recall). Otherwise message them, pretty good supplier to deal with.:)
Indeed, it seems to have a problem on Audiosense store, because my order were refunded 8 days after, because nothing has been shipped.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #5,748 of 5,890
Indeed, it seems to have a problem on Audiosense store, because my order were refunded 8 days after, because nothing has been shipped.
I had this issue back when COVID was originally "gumming up the system" trying to order a different set of head gear and from Korea. It was through Amazon at first, and after ordering it, they cancelled it. I wrote to them, and they told me that if I wanted to order them, I had to go to their site and do it. I tried that, and they PMed me with warnings that I had to agree that it would take longer, and that the post office may or may not ship it to me, they had no way of knowing (so they said). I gave up and told them forget it. :)

Jan 17, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #5,750 of 5,890
Does anyone have audiosense aq4 and thruthear hexa at the same time, or have I heard both models, can they be compared? Is the speed and texture of the bass better on audiosense aq4 or thruthear hexa?

I have both and prefer AQ4. If you like a warm tuning and good note weight, get the AQ4. Hexa is thinner and brighter if that's your thing. AQ4 is no slouch in the technical department but is not tuned to emphasize that. While Hexa has less bass, it has faster attack and decay. AQ4 sounds fuller but is less precise. Hexa is also more fatiguing.

Since the AQ4 is on sale at the moment the price is pretty close too. It all comes down to whether you want musical or analytical IEMs. They are actually complimentary

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #5,751 of 5,890
I have both and prefer AQ4. If you like a warm tuning and good note weight, get the AQ4. Hexa is thinner and brighter if that's your thing. AQ4 is no slouch in the technical department but is not tuned to emphasize that. While Hexa has less bass, it has faster attack and decay. AQ4 sounds fuller but is less precise. Hexa is also more fatiguing.

Since the AQ4 is on sale at the moment the price is pretty close too. It all comes down to whether you want musical or analytical IEMs. They are actually complimentary
Thanks for your reply!
I'm a little spoiled by the fast and tight bass from planar drivers, I don't really want to listen to relatively slow dynamic drivers again. But I want to try nice dd/hybrid again. I have letshuoer s12, which is good, but a bit fatiguing and tangzu zetian wu which now had noticeable driver flex, on quite tracks its became too exposed. Letshuoer d13 is quite good, but not suit much for fast black and death metal, and I wanted I bit more pronounced separation in complicated tracks

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #5,752 of 5,890
Thanks for your reply!
I'm a little spoiled by the fast and tight bass from planar drivers, I don't really want to listen to relatively slow dynamic drivers again. But I want to try nice dd/hybrid again. I have letshuoer s12, which is good, but a bit fatiguing and tangzu zetian wu which now had noticeable driver flex, on quite tracks its became too exposed. Letshuoer d13 is quite good, but not suit much for fast black and death metal, and I wanted I bit more pronounced separation in complicated tracks

Harman is selling the AKG N5005 at $199 USD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154910446024
https://www.harmanaudio.com/akg/AKG+N5005.html

It is a hybrid with 4 tuning signatures, can be basshead to neutral to treblehead. Tight and fast bass, very good imaging, micro-detailing and soundstage. It needs amplification though, sounds a bit meh from weak sources. Also has BA timbre, but this set used to retail at $1K USD. At $1K I wouldn't recommend it, but at $199 USD, it definitely competes with most hybrids under $500 USD.

Bought one and will be keeping it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #5,753 of 5,890
Thanks for your reply!
Also, have you tried the Hook-X (the OG ones, not the HBB collab)? IMHO they are the best of the bunch of the contemporary orthodynamic IEMs. They have that separation and space that you are looking for, and the bass is like a cross between DD and planar insomuch as they can reach really deep and have some rumble, but are also tight, fast, textured, and accurate with that planar tone.

Also, you might want to try an all BA setup. The bass is normally tight and articulated but doesn't reach quite as deep as a DD (they are more akin to planar than DD on the low end). If you can still get them, the T800 have a sound that is actually more akin to the deepness of a DD but is still distinctly BA (IMHO). This might be due to the fact that AS engineered a port hole on these.

Both of these recs are great for all types of metal IMO, but as always, YMMV and these are all my subjective opinions on such matters.

Feb 1, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #5,754 of 5,890
Good evening... I'm thinking of purchasing the aq7 pro, but I saw that there's little information here about this iem, and those who shared an opinion about it say that it can be very bright and tiring. I'm afraid of sounding too analytical and lifeless. Can anyone confirm for me if this is true, even switching to a 7n Litz pure copper cable? I already had the T800, and with a good copper cable it was proof of symbilance, with adequate note weight and body, and still with good details, the only caveat was the bass that increased a lot and left the presentation a little dark. Can anyone compare the aq7 pro with the Dt200 and T800 in tonality?

Feb 1, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #5,755 of 5,890
How is the Audiosense T800 compared to Campfire Audio Solaris Classic? I find myself craving for more bass using the Solaris I've heard the T800 from memory I think it has more bass. I was not gonna spend much for a 64 Audio U12T
The T800 is a fine set but not better than Solaris at bass quantity or quality. I use foam tips with Solaris to maximize bass.

Feb 15, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #5,756 of 5,890
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is a way to get Audiosense DT200's to fit little deeper, I've been using Etymotic's for little over a year now and after getting DT200's I can't adjust to its shallow fit.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #5,757 of 5,890
There are inexpensive triple-flange ear tips available you can try

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #5,759 of 5,890
I was thinking about that, I'm not sure how comfortable will triple flanges be on IEM with wide bore, but I will give it a try.
Try DUNU S&S tips strange tip works and more importantly sounds good.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #5,760 of 5,890
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there is a way to get Audiosense DT200's to fit little deeper, I've been using Etymotic's for little over a year now and after getting DT200's I can't adjust to its shallow fit.

To get a conventional IEM to sit as deep as an Etymotic will require a bit of preparation.

You are going to need a big bucket of pain killers, a drill and a big rubber mallet!:confounded:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back