T800 or FH5?

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #4,187 of 5,890
Audiosense rep has confirmed the driver setup:

Subbass - 10mm dynamic driver
Bass / midbass - paired Knowles 33618
Middle - Paired Custom Knowles with vents
Top - Paired Knowles 31736
4 way crossover

This has just made me more curious haha.
I will be ordering these as soon as they are available
wait wait wait, just a sec, let me get that straight - they use the same BA woofers like in the T800 for bass plus a dynamic 10mm driver for sub bass!!??
that thing must be crazy, they going full basshead mode on that

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #4,188 of 5,890
wait wait wait, just a sec, let me get that straight - they use the same BA woofers like in the T800 for bass plus a dynamic 10mm driver for sub bass!!??
that thing must be crazy, they going full basshead mode on that
:fingers_crossed:

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #4,193 of 5,890
Do you like them?
Hope they were worth the wait for you.

I haven't spent much time with them yet, but first impressions are mixed. T260 is very comfortable. I'm using P-series comply foam tips, so isolation is exceptional as well.

I'm getting much more overall bass than expected or wanted actually (I'm sure foam tips are some part of that equation). It is however fairly linear (nothing ridiculously boosted).

Highs/Upper treble is rolled off drastically, so I find myself straining to hear details or any "air." After 8K everything takes a nose dive. Additionally, high mids-treble in the 4-10K region don't sound as refined compared to some of my other IEMs. Cymbals especially, in some tracks sound kind of plastic or artificial.

Mids-high mids (centered around 2K) really stick out and this is why I was interested in the T260 in the first place. They will be used for vocal monitoring in live performance. Good news is I use an iPad app to control my monitors and it has a 31 band EQ, so it's all good.

The sound signature reminds me of Yamaha Orthodynamics I used to own (HP-1, YH-1). Linear bass, boosted high mids, rolled off highs-upper treble. However, no where near as refined.

I would not use these for critical listening or finding details in recordings, but believe they will be fine for my applications (monitoring with EQ and everyday on the go use). I should have saved some money and tried the T180, but that orange shell turned me off, lol.

BTW, even though I've waited a ridiculous amount of time, Audiosense has always been very responsive. I've always had great customer service from them. Lesson learned, don't use Epacket mail service --- Use AliExpress Standard!

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #4,195 of 5,890
Jul 11, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #4,197 of 5,890
Jul 12, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #4,199 of 5,890
As anyone had or heard the t800 and blessing 2. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these. Help me please, anybody?
T800 is very bright and u shaped, with almost dd like bass.

Blessing 2 is bright-neutral with quality bass but low quantity.

I prefer blessing 2 way more than the T800.

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #4,200 of 5,890
T800 is very bright and u shaped, with almost dd like bass.

Blessing 2 is bright-neutral with quality bass but low quantity.

I prefer blessing 2 way more than the T800.
Bright as in fatiguing? I can handle treble but too much is a no /no. I don't mind low quantity as long as the bass has texture. What about details / resolution? I'm hearing the blessing 2 really punches above its weight class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back