AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #4,201 of 5,890
Bright as in fatiguing? I can handle treble but too much is a no /no. I don't mind low quantity as long as the bass has texture. What about details / resolution? I'm hearing the blessing 2 really punches above its weight class
The T800 has tooooo much treble for me it is very sibilant for me, so I am using it with the brown knowles filters + stock filters to reduce it but it decreases the SQ overall.

B2 has good bass texture, but it wont blow your mind because of the low quantity. Take a look at my database and you should get a better picture on it.
( I dont know if it punches above its price as I dont have anything more expensive but I prefer the LZ A6 for my taste over it)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit?usp=sharing

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #4,202 of 5,890
The T800 has tooooo much treble for me it is very sibilant for me, so I am using it with the brown knowles filters + stock filters to reduce it but it decreases the SQ overall.

B2 has good bass texture, but it wont blow your mind because of the low quantity. Take a look at my database and you should get a better picture on it.
( I dont know if it punches above its price as I dont have anything more expensive but I prefer the LZ A6 for my taste over it)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit?usp=sharing
Ok. That looks good. You seem to love the urbanfuns as much as I do. You have been helpful. I did hear the LZ. They sound insane. Too much details for me personally but you seem to have similar taste. I have the starfields which I really like but tends to be a little too congested at times and lack overall resolution but are great on long journeys. I think the blessing 2will be a significant upgrade which is what I'm looking for. Thanks again

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #4,203 of 5,890
Ok. That looks good. You seem to love the urbanfuns as much as I do. You have been helpful. I did hear the LZ. They sound insane. Too much details for me personally but you seem to have similar taste. I have the starfields which I really like but tends to be a little too congested at times and lack overall resolution but are great on long journeys. I think the blessing 2will be a significant upgrade which is what I'm looking for. Thanks again
Yeah I love the urbanfun, but it is super hard for me to recommend them because of their damn QC.

Do you listen to "weeb" music? Because the B2 certainly suits them well. Not so much for hip-hop, trance, edm and the like.

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #4,204 of 5,890
Yeah I love the urbanfun, but it is super hard for me to recommend them because of their damn QC.

Do you listen to "weeb" music? Because the B2 certainly suits them well. Not so much for hip-hop, trance, edm and the like.
I listen to a lot of jazz, funk and older stuff that is well mastered rock etc. I have the polaris 2 for drum and bass and trap. That's why I don't care about sub bass because erm the polaris 2. I haven't got a set at the moment with a lot of detail retrieval and quite neutral sounding. So hopefully I have made the right choice!

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #4,205 of 5,890
I listen to a lot of jazz, funk and older stuff that is well mastered rock etc. I have the polaris 2 for drum and bass and trap. That's why I don't care about sub bass because erm the polaris 2. I haven't got a set at the moment with a lot of detail retrieval and quite neutral sounding. So hopefully I have made the right choice!
Sounds good. But they are bright neutral for me though. Not "true" neutral.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #4,206 of 5,890
I don't own the bl2 but the t800 and i love it for jazz funk and classical rock. For me its not sibilant or to bright actually it is my smoothes set of iems i can listen it for hours

For edm and hip hop i switch to the kxxs

Depending on your listening volume a U shaped iem can be Superior. Please read this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_compensation

U shaped iems can give you at 60-70db still bass impact and treble sparkle the bl2 would be pretty unspectacular at these volumes. But the t800 would be too much at higher volumes lets say 70-80db

I listen at around 65bd with my t800 and its just superb bass is still impactfull and all treble details are noticable and i can listen for hours

But like i said i never heard the bl2

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #4,207 of 5,890
Depending on your listening volume a U shaped iem can be Superior. Please read this

U shaped iems can give you at 60-70db still bass impact and treble sparkle the bl2 would be pretty unspectacular at these volumes. But the t800 would be too much at higher volumes lets say 70-80db

I listen at around 65bd with my t800 and its just superb bass is still impactfull and all treble details are noticable and i can listen for hours

This is something that a lot of people overlook.

It is definitely true that some gear sounds different/better at lower volume, and other gear higher volume.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #4,208 of 5,890
I don't own the bl2 but the t800 and i love it for jazz funk and classical rock. For me its not sibilant or to bright actually it is my smoothes set of iems i can listen it for hours

How do you even measure the volume you are listening at? :grin:

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #4,209 of 5,890
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
How do you even measure the volume you are listening at? :grin:
I press a calibratet microphone in front of the nozzel and let pinknoise play and then i measure it via db meter apps on my phone

20200712_180037.jpg

Like this

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #4,210 of 5,890

Here is another site about loudness copanation. A guy called fletcher munson researched that.

And he says somthing like the lower we listen the more we should increase the bass and treble to perceive it more neutral because dynamic range impact details collaps at lower volume

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #4,211 of 5,890

Here is another site about loudness copanation. A guy called fletcher munson researched that.

And he says somthing like the lower we listen the more we should increase the bass and treble to perceive it more neutral because dynamic range impact details collaps at lower volume
Sounds right, the louder the volume gets the more you hear the bass and treble so the opposite should be true.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #4,212 of 5,890
I haven't tried Blessing 2, but I also preffer LZ A6 more than T800 by a big margin. I don't think the timbre and soundstage of the BA driver for highs are going to satisfy anymore. The electropiezo driver sounds way cleaner, and the soundstage is also noticeably bigger; It gives a very "out of the head" experience that reminds me like an openback headphone.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #4,213 of 5,890

Indeed. It depends on what you listen to. I don't really care about out of your head soundstage. I just want a clean sound, good details so I can listen to jazz etc. I have iems for different music etc. I need something that will make jazz sound the way I want it to sound. I'm a dj so i want something kinda bright but neutral. I think one day i will get the t800. I'm very intrigued

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #4,214 of 5,890
Just posting to let everyone know that you can grab the LZ A6 for a pretty good price now!
The LA A6 will get another €7 euro discount on top, starting tomorrow!
LZ A6.png

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #4,215 of 5,890
Just posting to let everyone know that you can grab the LZ A6 for a pretty good price now!
LZ A6.png
That looks like the normal sale price of it though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back