AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #4,141 of 5,890
I should be more specific. I WAS looking for an OCD detailed IEM initially, but no longer. I realized, as you said, that such an IEM would be way too quickly fatiguing for me. I don’t want a hyper detailed IEM, so in that sense, I think the T800 may be ideal for me. It’s nice to be able to tune it some by adding dampers. BTW, is it resin filled, or mostly hollow?

Yeah, otters are very cute, but notorious for being oppositional in their opinions.

Its 100% resin filled.

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #4,142 of 5,890
Do you just try using different Knowles dampers in the single common tube, at the end of the nozzle? Is there a certain size? Sorry, I haven‘t yet familiarized myself with this aspect of IEM modding.

I got the dampers in the same link @baskingshark just posted, all the colors and the tool for about $26 shipping included.
No, I haven’t feel the necessity to install any of them, my longest session so far was about 2 hours and no treble fatigue , but yes, they are bright.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #4,143 of 5,890
Be aware that the T800 isn’t the most detailed all-BA IEM. It’s claim to fame is really it’s low end.

It’s the only all-BA IEM that I’ve ever heard that actually sounds close to the low end of a hybrid. The first time I heard a bass drop with the T800 I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

All other all-BA IEMs I’ve tried all sounded anemic in comparison. Some of them can have their sub bass EQd to sound decent. Others just crash and burn into massive distortion when you try that. The T800 requires no EQ.

Now, don’t get me wrong - it’s not going to beat the sub bass extension and slam of a dynamic. But I am so happy with the T800, I have no desire for the new hybrid flagship honestly.

Now, with that said, it is detailed in that it’s using BAs which are usually detailed by nature. But some people‘s idea of detailed is so fatiguing that you gotta take a break after 30 minutes. That is not the case with the T800.

Otters may feel differently about my assessment, but that’s just my take on the T800.
when i heard the bass for the first time i removed them from my ears and looked at them under sunlight to see if there is dynamic driver inside

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #4,144 of 5,890
when i heard the bass for the first time i removed them from my ears and looked at them under sunlight to see if there is dynamic driver inside
I auditioned the QDC Anole VX a few months back for about 30 min and A/B with my T800.

Anole VX is for sure the more refined IEM, in terms of less peaks/troughs in the tuning, and it has tuning switches to boot, to change the sound signature on the fly. Technicalities wise, it is better than the T800, but I would say maybe ballpark figure 20% better only. It is expected the higher up the ladder you go, the more the diminishing returns, and we are comparing a $300 USD T800 with a $2000 USD TOTL summitFI set here.

I couldn't afford the Anole VX then, and more so now in this covid economy. Price and value is subjective, and I'm not sure if most are keen to spend thousands more for a 20% improvement, but I'm very pleased with the T800 (for now haha). Haven't tried the other stuff in your list, but there were a few folks here that said the T800 wasn't that far away from the Campfire Andromeda previously.
How does the bass of the Anole VX and the T800 compare, perhaps with the bass boost switches on on the VX? I wonder how the quantity, speed, decay, of the VX bass is. It seems the T800 has quite DD-like bass with it’s vented drivers.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #4,145 of 5,890
How does the bass of the Anole VX and the T800 compare, perhaps with the bass boost switches on on the VX? I wonder how the quantity, speed, decay, of the VX bass is. It seems the T800 has quite DD-like bass with it’s vented drivers.

I haven’t heard the Anole VX but I have read/listened to every review out there, VX is gonna be better than T800 in every aspect because everything has more “ refinement”, but hey.. you can buy the T800 seven times with the cost of the Anole.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #4,146 of 5,890
i am sure the Anole will be with faster and cleaner bass response, T800 is a bit slower than your usual BAs in the bass, what is impressive about their bass is the extension and impact in the sub bass, very hard to achieve with BA woofers

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #4,147 of 5,890
i am sure the Anole will be with faster and cleaner bass response, T800 is a bit slower than your usual BAs in the bass, what is impressive about their bass is the extension and impact in the sub bass, very hard to achieve with BA woofers
Perhaps oddly enough, that’s what interests me a lot about the T800. I like prominent sub bass with good impact, and decent sustain, like a DD. Punchy but very dry BA bass is not as pleasant to me. Quantity wise, the VX with bass boost seems to have as much as the T800, but it has a slightly more mid bass focus, per graphs. I’m curious as to all the differences that graphs don’t tell us.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #4,148 of 5,890
Does anyone else have the problem with the AQ3 that I every slightest movement makes noise and I can hear my heartbeat (not cable noise, just when you move your ears or mouth). With the ThieAudio Legacy 3 I have this problem much less. Since I am listening at low volumes this is a major disadvantage as I have now realized, since it adds noise to the music...

Jun 25, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #4,150 of 5,890
I hope they reduce the price in time as $500 is expensive and the Mangird Tea looks great for nearly half the price with the same driver count.....

Except I don't know what kind of quality or customer support or tuning expertise mangird have. I do know that audiosense has done well in all three in the past. Personally I am eagerly waiting for AQ7 release even at $500, but obviously a discount for early customers would be nice

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #4,151 of 5,890
Guys, I know that I don't have a propper equipment but I still wanted to share my very little contribution to this LZ A6 vs T800 topic.
Here are some little samples of a song that I use to check bass quantity and quality, instrument separation, and female voice timbre.

Attachments

• LZ A6 vs T800.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 25, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #4,152 of 5,890

It's been quite a few months since I listened to the Anole VX, but IIRC, it does have faster, more textured bass than the T800, and VX has a more typical BA bass compared to the T800's bass (which is atypical for BA bass and sounds close to a dynamic driver bass instead). VX's bass has less decay than the T800's bass, but the VX's bass is of higher quality than the T800. Yeah subbass is slightly less than the midbass in VX bass, and I think the bass boost makes the midbass of the VX increase a bit in quantity with slight midbass bleed.

Does anyone else have the problem with the AQ3 that I every slightest movement makes noise and I can hear my heartbeat (not cable noise, just when you move your ears or mouth). With the ThieAudio Legacy 3 I have this problem much less. Since I am listening at low volumes this is a major disadvantage as I have now realized, since it adds noise to the music...

I don't have the AQ3, but sometimes if isolation is too good in a resin shelled IEM, that's what happens. Maybe try to use different sized tips or foam tips or insert the IEM shell less deep and see if these help?

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #4,153 of 5,890
It's been quite a few months since I listened to the Anole VX, but IIRC, it does have faster, more textured bass than the T800, and VX has a more typical BA bass compared to the T800's bass (which is atypical for BA bass and sounds close to a dynamic driver bass instead). VX's bass has less decay than the T800's bass, but the VX's bass is of higher quality than the T800. Yeah subbass is slightly less than the midbass in VX bass, and I think the bass boost makes the midbass of the VX increase a bit in quantity with slight midbass bleed.

Thank you for the bass comparison. That is what I suspected. While the VX is technically and objectively the superior IEM, I think the bass of the T800 is a lot more appealing to me. The mids and highs of the VX do seem preferable though, as the big dip between 5-8KHz on the T800 gives me pause, but based on all reports, it seems to look a lot worse on the graph than it actually sounds. It probably spares us a lot of sibilance. This just seems like a really fun sounding IEM, especially for an all BA IEM.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #4,154 of 5,890
Sad that it seems that the interest in the AQ7 just kinda died when they the price was revealed lol. :joy:

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #4,155 of 5,890
Sad that it seems that the interest in the AQ7 just kinda died when they the price was revealed lol. :joy:

Are there any graphs for the AQ7? $500 in this covid economy is a bit of a risk, maybe $400 with early adopter/fan discount is still a bit too pricey for me.

They were also supposed to release it in june, but it is already July, and there's no news on release date. Though I rather they take their time to make a good IEM rather than rush things for datelines and come with a halfbaked product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back