AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #1,667 of 5,890
Is there a noticable difference between normal spiral dots and ++

Here is what the posting said...

"
We realize clear sound by adoption of our original "spiral dot"
Employs our unique "spiral dot", in which dots are arranged in a spiral on the inner wall of the earpiece.
By diffusing the reflected sound in the earpiece and optimizing the balance with the direct sound, it suppresses the noise and realizes a clear sound.
Employs a hybrid configuration combining SMP iFit and high-quality silicon to achieve both fit and difficulty
Employs a hybrid configuration combining two materials with different characteristics. The material of the part of the umbrella is SMP iFit which realizes a gentle fit that won't hurt even with long-term use, and the ring part is made of high quality silicon to reduce slippage and dropout.
In addition, in order to fuse both materials while making use of the characteristics of the two materials, we made the joint surface our own wave shape."

I paid $15 for 3 pair of the large normal spiral dots.

I did find the ++ for almost $40 for 2 pair... but that seems crazy! lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Spiral...hash=item4441f69581:m:m3HUQt_P9D9obo_5ZokP4tg

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,668 of 5,890
Agreed I have never had a set of IEM'S that thump like these do absolutely incredible :):)
The more I listen the more I'm hearing, the low end is amazing, it kicks hard and rumbles amazingly, but it is soooo detailed, the layers it gives it is amazing. The mids I am impressed by a lot, smooth and detailed and acurate and that treble energy is awesome. These aren't reference or studio iems, no no no, but damn they have made every headphone and earphone I have heard sound boring and lifeless. That is what these give, EARGASMS!!! :wink:

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #1,669 of 5,890
Nice impressions!

As others have recommended before, Spiral Dots++ do a great job taming the treble energy a bit while retaining the amazing clarity and separation, plus expanding even further the soundstage and adding more presence and control to the bass.

You'll be surprised. :wink:
I am waiting for my Spiral dots to arrive haha, the treble though I absolutely love, but if it still has great energy and the soundstage widens.... Hmm alrighttt I'll give them a shot. But do they effect the mids? I really really realllly am loving the mids in the T800

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,670 of 5,890
@HardstyleLoco96 and @loungecat which dap are you using on this iem may I ask? do you find that daps improve the soundsignature?
I am using the Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus, compared to the Samsung S9, it is slightly brighter but smoother at the same time. Mids are a bit more upfront while the lows are a bit more tamed. But the resolution, clarity, soundstage and instrument separation is much much better on the Sonata IDSD Plus. Much much better. No competition. The S9 still sounds good though. It's what I used for my first impressions but after switing to the IDSD Plus, yup. No comp. Much better. But it is a dac though, I prefer DACS over DAPS. So Tempotec Sonata IDSD plus with Galaxy S9 and poweramp is what I am using.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,671 of 5,890
Aug 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,675 of 5,890
I'm also looking at this cable and it seems good for me. It's soft and the introduction says that it has good sound performance, which is all at an affordable price.

I would avoid this cable. Tonight the wires came loose that attach to mmcx connectors and sound drops out. This on both sides. I emailed and asked for refund. Will follow up.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #1,676 of 5,890
I would avoid this cable. Tonight the wires came loose that attach to mmcx connectors and sound drops out. This on both sides. I emailed and asked for refund. Will follow up.
I've already purchased one and mine works perfect, if there are problems on both sides of your monitors I think there are issues in the sockets of the IEM. You can try the cables on another pair of IEM.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #1,677 of 5,890
More impressions. Xelento. Half alive. DT 1990 pro. Half alive. Oriveti New Primacy. Dead. Fearless S8F close battle but I like T800 a bit more. CA Andromeda, very very very very close battle, some places the Andro win, some places the T800 win but the Andro, the treble ehhh its great but something annoys me and sounds a bit wonky while T800 I love. So very close battle. CTM Da Vinci X. Very very serious. The X does a amazing lot very amazingly well. Techinically it is better than the T800. Yes. Mids are beautifully smooth and crystal clear, it has treble to die for and the lows are very tight and punchy. Soundstage, instrument sepration and detail retrieval is very very very eye opening, amazing. But the T800. There is something about it that make all other earphones sound a bit lifeless, a bit boring and it makes me want more and more. No matter how good the other iem is, the T800 has this magic that as soon as I put them in my ears, I do not want to take them back out. So the Davinci X is better technically but the T800 overall is still very close and the addiction it gives to my ears is on a level much higher than all the iems I have heard so far. So yeah an iem might have better this or that but you'd have to spend much higher to get it. Much much higher and honestly it's not that much of a difference. For 300 USD the T800 are a bloody amazing steal. Can't go wrong. The S8F, Andros and Da Vinci X are also bloody amazing iems and all have their pros and cons. But the T800 are the ones I'd choose hands down. If I could choose one out of all of them if I had the option to get one for free, T800 hands. Or the Da Vinci X, sell it. Get the money and get a T800 and Andro haha. But maybe I'd go for the S8F rather than Andro. Idk about the treble on the Andro, just feels a bit off. Maybe the new version is better.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #1,678 of 5,890
T800s extension from sub-bass to the very highs it's almost shocking and unbelievable given the 300 USD price point, they portrait the music in a very lively manner, with a lot of speed and energy, just as if you're hearing a live concert or real instruments playing (where nothing is "smooth" and "relaxed", just visceral).

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #1,679 of 5,890
T800s extension from sub-bass to the very highs it's almost shocking and unbelievable given the 300 USD price point, they portrait the music in a very lively manner, with a lot of speed and energy, just as if you're hearing a live concert or real instruments playing (where nothing is "smooth" and "relaxed", just visceral).
I highly agree. It's just this massive power surge. Everything from the lows, mids and treble even the soundstage and instrument sepration has this instant snap and kick to it. That is the word to describe the T800. Visceral. Amazingly and intensely visceral

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,680 of 5,890
I highly agree. It's just this massive power surge. Everything from the lows, mids and treble even the soundstage and instrument sepration has this instant snap and kick to it. That is the word to describe the T800. Visceral. Amazingly and intensely visceral

From the absolute ignorance and only theorizing, I've come to think that the absence of a crossover has a lot to do with all this coherent, visceral and realistic behavior, as is the case with the Andromedas and other well implemented crossover-less designs.

They're merely asumptions, but who knows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back