AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,036 of 5,890
Ok,a Little bit of update regarding the upcoming 2/1 HYBRID.
According to Elaine the tuning is gonna be the same or similar to the T800.
So most likely Audiosense is targeting the Harman curve once again,which makes me happy cause i prefer
that tuning. No more info about the Hybrid,but samples are soon to arrive so it can't be to far from announcement.

Asked about The T180 if there are 2 versions of em, cause some (myself) of us gest them without dampers installed,
and no sign of Knowles BA on the box.
The answer is that all T180 has Knowles inside (true or not,i don't know) but the box design is 2 years old and from the beginning
they didn't put it on the box. But in the future it's gonna be in writing to...

Abot the dampers. The old batch does not have them installed. Orders from last week and forward is gonna have them installed.
So that's that...

Yeah and look forward to the T800 Pro with preinstalled filters in the next few months, and perhaps new cables with future batches of the normal T800.

Is the T800 tuned to harman curve?
I find the bass and treble more north than the usual harman curve actually.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #1,037 of 5,890
Not exactly Harman,but Close enough to se that they had that as a target. The big difference is that T800 extends more in the treble (red is Harman)
Yeah and look forward to the T800 Pro with preinstalled filters in the next few months, and perhaps new cables with future batches of the normal T800.

Audiosense t800.png

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,038 of 5,890
The T800 is a bit bigger in 2 areas as you can see.
I would have to say that the Fiio fa7 are more comfortable than the T800 in that, it's sits more flush than T800's.
I'm still doing my evail so I'll not speak to sound just yet.

I have ordered and received a different cable then I've seen on this thread and have ordered green and (white or gray) I can't remember, filters.

And got this
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Hi...16+core+cable&qid=1565058271&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Sorry for the two pictures of each. I'm still learning my way around here.
thank you Papa, they bulky

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #1,039 of 5,890
Not exactly Harman,but Close enough to se that they had that as a target. The big difference is that T800 extends more in the treble (red is Harman)

Haha maybe the great vented subwoofer and tuning makes me think the bass is greater than the usual harman tuning of a BA driver.

Thanks for the graphs!

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,040 of 5,890
What do you mean by preinstalled filters? The regular T800 has preinstalled filter as of now.

About the Cables. They actually have 2 new Cables soon to be released.
One of them looks very much like Fiio FiiO LC-3.5BS but instead of metal 3.5 L-plug housing,they use transparant plastic. i belive it is SPC Cable.
The other one looks almost identical to Nicehck Brown copper Cable, that is popular around Head-Fi. that one is pure copper

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #1,041 of 5,890
Need help in deciding between waiting for the T800 Pro and buying the T800 now.... Opinions anyone?

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #1,042 of 5,890
Is someone listening t800 with spotify? As i understand from all opinions t800 can't be used with lower quality sources. So if using streaming this model is useless, right?. Who wants to hear compressions and mp3 artefacts in your face. So practically this model only for "audiophiles" with their hi rez ideally mastered files. Not made for casual listeners listening usual low rez files and wanting to feel comfortable. This should be kept in mind before deciding to buy it. Perhaps more musical softer sounding iems is better for enjoyment from spotify.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #1,043 of 5,890
About the dampers. The old batch does not have them installed. Orders from last week and forward is gonna have them installed.

For those of us that want to add dampers to the early version T180, what color dampers will be installed in the newest batch of T180 (and moving forward)?

In the exploded diagram, it appears to be white, but that could just be a random color chosen by the photoshop person for the marketing image.

D8AB81E4-CC35-4FC7-AC09-05C55EFB5F22.jpeg

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,044 of 5,890
Is someone listening t800 with spotify? As i understand from all opinions t800 can't be used with lower quality sources. So if using streaming this model is useless, right?. Who wants to hear compressions and mp3 artefacts in your face. So practically this model only for "audiophiles" with their hi rez ideally mastered files. Not made for casual listeners listening usual low rez files and wanting to feel comfortable. This should be kept in mind before deciding to buy it. Perhaps more musical softer sounding iems is better for enjoyment from spotify.
Its good for spotify better then my kxxs wich is very forgiving

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,045 of 5,890
Need help in deciding between waiting for the T800 Pro and buying the T800 now.... Opinions anyone?

You can make your own ‘Pro’ by buying a regular T800 and $3 worth of dampers.

If you can put a petrol pump into your gas filler valve on your car, then you can install a damper on the T800. All it takes is basic hand eye coordination.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,046 of 5,890
Its good for spotify better then my kxxs wich is very forgiving
How could it be i can't imagine. Moondrop kxx/pro tuning looks like made for lower quality sources and i like it as with them you can listen practically anything. And t800 i imagine should sound tiring and bad with such sources. But you hear it already so you know what you are saying.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,047 of 5,890
You can make your own ‘Pro’ by buying a regular T800 and $3 worth of dampers.

If you can put a petrol pump into your gas filler valve on your car, then you can install a damper on the T800. All it takes is basic hand eye coordination.
The question is, is it just the damper and cable ? Maybe there is a different driver in it. Maybe different finish. Who knows maybe it can talk and you need to feed it ?

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,048 of 5,890
For those of us that want to add dampers to the early version T180, what color dampers will be installed in the newest batch of T180 (and moving forward)?

In the exploded diagram, it appears to be white, but that could just be a random color chosen by the photoshop person for the marketing image.

T180 will include BF-1999 grey damper, from today

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #1,049 of 5,890
How could it be i can't imagine. Moondrop kxx/pro tuning looks like made for lower quality sources and i like it as with them you can listen practically anything. And t800 i imagine should sound tiring and bad with such sources. But you hear it already so you know what you are saying.
Tiring yes but not bad. And spotify is not that bad I mean it's 320 that's acceptable compared to YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back