AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #766 of 5,890
Anybody that use Aliexpress from the US? Does Aliexpress still require verification documentation like picture ID? I don't want to send my personal info to Aliexpress. :frowning2:

I bought mine from ali, i didnt need to do anything like that

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #767 of 5,890
I bought mine from ali, i didnt need to do anything like that

Same here.

I’ve shopped at Aliexpress for years now. I’ve never needed to give them a free identify theft kit.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #769 of 5,890
Ali Exp is frustrating. I ordered my T800 and on a few days later a cable with no problems so I tried to by another cable the other day and they won't accept now without a ID and picture of the card. Real annoying, I don't think I'll be buying from them anymore.

Yeah, if they pull that ish with me, that will be the end of my Aliexpress adventure.

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #770 of 5,890
Ali Exp is frustrating. I ordered my T800 and on a few days later a cable with no problems so I tried to by another cable the other day and they won't accept now without a ID and picture of the card. Real annoying, I don't think I'll be buying from them anymore.
I bought in both Ali and Taobao, only problem I ran into was they would only accept debit but credit wouldn't go through. I am pretty sure you guys can praise you guys' bank security for requiring high level verifications from foreign/Chinese businesses if they ever ask for something like that. On the other hand, Paypal even asks for passport.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #771 of 5,890
I bought in both Ali and Taobao, only problem I ran into was they would only accept debit but credit wouldn't go through. I am pretty sure you guys can praise you guys' bank security for requiring high level verifications from foreign/Chinese businesses if they ever ask for something like that. On the other hand, Paypal even asks for passport.

I don’t even have a passport, so I’m not sure how that would work if they required me to provide one. I guess I’d tell them to take a hike.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #772 of 5,890
So, I have about 20hrs use on the T800 so far..
I've been running quite a few sound tests as well.
One test of note: I was able to hear/feel a 14Hz Sine wave.
14hz is REALLY LOW!
Nothing else I own can do that.

However, "usable sub-bass" on the T00 doesn't come in till around 35Hz...
The T800 does bass quite well!
Bass is rather quick, but -slightly- slower than typical BAs.
It's gets quite intense on EDM tracks, and is just about right on "bass lite" Classic Rock tracks.

Unfortunately, I do not like certain aspects of the T800's signature...
It has that typical 2khz-4khz boosted "ChiFi signature".
Sadly, Cable/Tip swapping are just not enough to correct this either.

Oddly enough I have found that it's 3.5khz peak doesn't bother me nearly as much as it's 2khz peak..

I ran several sine waves through the T800 at very low (near inaudible) volumes, and the one tone that I could hear far above anything else was 2khz.
Once I get the Knowles filters in, I'm sure I'll be more content with the sound.
It seems like the "white 680 Ohm" filters should work perfectly for me.

For now: It's nothing a little EQ can't fix.
Here is my currant favorite all around EQ setting for the T800:

T800 Mild W EQ.JPG

Now keep in mind, this EQ curve is based on:
Tips: Comply Audio Pro (wax guard)
Cable: NICHCK High Purity Copper 16 core.
Source: Sabaj Da3
Player: Foobar2000 + 31 Band EQ addon

EQ settings are slightly different (of course) with my LG V20/Neutron Player and my old Ibasso DX50.

Now, just so you don't think I'm EQing the schit out of these; there is really nothing that adds/subtracts more than 2db within my above posted curve.
On brighter tracks, I will occasionally pull the 2khz down to 3db, even 4.5db.
As you can see the 2khz's neighboring frequencies, are also slightly reduced.
The Mid Bass is also very slightly pulled out.
The Mids are very slightly boosted as well..
Nothing above/below 1.7db though.

This EQ curve brings the T800 very close to neutral reference signature, with slightly boosted bass (just how I like it!).

Soundstage:
Soundstage tests were conducted using:
"The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc"

Stage is really good on the T800, but my ToneKing T4 is better honestly.
The T800 is a bit wider than the T4 but not as much Height & Depth as the T4.
The T800's stage stays on the far outside left/right of your ears,
But does not extend above the upper back part of your head..

So, it's like you are listening to a concert with your back facing the stage...
Sounds never seems to get onto the top front or even center of your head.

With the ToneKing T4 (same: tips/cables/sources) I can get center stage sounds onto the upper top of my forehead!
The T4 is a pretty amazing IEM for below $200.
I HIGHLY recommend the ToneKing T4 for stage and mid-range (as long as you are willing to use some Sub-Bass EQ, and maybe a little treble reduction for some folks).

I have tried several tips/cables/sources on the T800 and I can't seem to improve the stage much beyond what it already is.

However, the T800 beats the T4 hands down in Bass response and overall micro-details.
The T800 goes into "Nano-Detail" territory!

And with mild EQ (and possibly Knowles Filters) the T800 can have an very good signature that I can be quite satisfied with.

The T800 does what it does, quite well!
I have been hearing nano-details that I have never heard with any headphone or IEM..
For that matter; even my $5k Q12 studio monitors can't reproduce this kind of detail.
So yeah, the micro detail on the T800 is quite impeccable!

All in all, I'd say it's a nice quality IEM for a $300.
However, I really wish it had a lower mid-treble peak, along with 25% more stage -depth- (width is great!)...

Okay, that's it for now...
Once I get my filters in I'll post some final thoughts.

------------------------------
Note:
If you want to blow your mind on amazing soundstage, detail, and BASS;
check this track out:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #774 of 5,890
So, I have about 20hrs use on the T800 so far..
I've been running quite a few sound tests as well.
One test of note: I was able to hear/feel a 14Hz Sine wave.
14hz is REALLY LOW!
Nothing else I own can do that.

However, "usable sub-bass" on the T00 doesn't come in till around 35Hz...
The T800 does bass quite well!
Bass is rather quick, but -slightly- slower than typical BAs.
It's gets quite intense on EDM tracks, and is just about right on "bass lite" Classic Rock tracks.

Unfortunately, I do not like certain aspects of the T800's signature...
It has that typical 2khz-4khz boosted "ChiFi signature".
Sadly, Cable/Tip swapping are just not enough to correct this either.

Oddly enough I have found that it's 3.5khz peak doesn't bother me nearly as much as it's 2khz peak..

I ran several sine waves through the T800 at very low (near inaudible) volumes, and the one tone that I could hear far above anything else was 2khz.
Once I get the Knowles filters in, I'm sure I'll be more content with the sound.
It seems like the "white 680 Ohm" filters should work perfectly for me.

For now: It's nothing a little EQ can't fix.
Here is my currant favorite all around EQ setting for the T800:

Now keep in mind, this EQ curve is based on:
Tips: Comply Audio Pro (wax guard)
Cable: NICHCK High Purity Copper 16 core.
Source: Sabaj Da3
Player: Foobar2000 + 31 Band EQ addon

EQ settings are slightly different (of course) with my LG V20/Neutron Player and my old Ibasso DX50.

Now, just so you don't think I'm EQing the schit out of these; there is really nothing that adds/subtracts more than 2db within my above posted curve.
On brighter tracks, I will occasionally pull the 2khz down to 3db, even 4.5db.
As you can see the 2khz's neighboring frequencies, are also slightly reduced.
The Mid Bass is also very slightly pulled out.
The Mids are very slightly boosted as well..
Nothing above/below 1.7db though.

This EQ curve brings the T800 very close to neutral reference signature, with slightly boosted bass (just how I like it!).

Soundstage:
Soundstage tests were conducted using:
"The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc"

Stage is really good on the T800, but my ToneKing T4 is better honestly.
The T800 is a bit wider than the T4 but not as much Height & Depth as the T4.
The T800's stage stays on the far outside left/right of your ears,
But does not extend above the upper back part of your head..

So, it's like you are listening to a concert with your back facing the stage...
Sounds never seems to get onto the top front or even center of your head.

With the ToneKing T4 (same: tips/cables/sources) I can get center stage sounds onto the upper top of my forehead!
The T4 is a pretty amazing IEM for below $200.
I HIGHLY recommend the ToneKing T4 for stage and mid-range (as long as you are willing to use some Sub-Bass EQ, and maybe a little treble reduction for some folks).

I have tried several tips/cables/sources on the T800 and I can't seem to improve the stage much beyond what it already is.

However, the T800 beats the T4 hands down in Bass response and overall micro-details.
The T800 goes into "Nano-Detail" territory!

And with mild EQ (and possibly Knowles Filters) the T800 can have an very good signature that I can be quite satisfied with.

The T800 does what it does, quite well!
I have been hearing nano-details that I have never heard with any headphone or IEM..
For that matter; even my $5k Q12 studio monitors can't reproduce this kind of detail.
So yeah, the micro detail on the T800 is quite impeccable!

All in all, I'd say it's a nice quality IEM for a $300.
However, I really wish it had a lower mid-treble peak, along with 25% more stage -depth- (width is great!)...

Okay, that's it for now...
Once I get my filters in I'll post some final thoughts.

Note:
If you want to blow your mind on amazing soundstage, detail, and BASS;
check this track out:

Excellent review. I agree with most of your impressions, especially the lower treble 2 - 3khz peak gives me a little fatigue with longer listening sessions. But it seems to have disappeared for me when using copper cables instead of the stock one. Not sure if it is brain burn in or truly a difference in impedance fixing it for me. Otherwise i hope u get the sound u want with the dampers. Maybe different ear tips can also attenuate the 2 - 4 khz peak for u too.

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #776 of 5,890
Excellent review. I agree with most of your impressions, especially the lower treble 2 - 3khz peak gives me a little fatigue with longer listening sessions. But it seems to have disappeared for me when using copper cables instead of the stock one. Not sure if it is brain burn in or truly a difference in impedance fixing it for me. Otherwise i hope u get the sound u want with the dampers. Maybe different ear tips can also attenuate the 2 - 4 khz peak for u too.
Thanks man! :)
Yeah I'll keep trying new tips and hopefully the filters get me there at least 80%.
I made myself some memory foam/silicone hybrid tips that I'm using as I type..
They seem to bring out the mids a bit more than then my Comply Audio Pro Tips do, but still all of this stuff seems to have a minor effect compared to what even a small amount of EQ does.
I do love them with EQ though..
And I actually really like messing with EQ, so I guess that's a plus in a weird way? :wink:

I wish I understood how to move soundstage around though..
If I could just move the stage more forward rather than to the back of my head, I think I would like these even more.
With all this said, I don't want to seem like I am dissing the T800...
I think it's amazing in many ways!
I just want them to have more of a neutral reference signature.
And a more complete soundstage.

What "copper cable" do you find works best for you?

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #777 of 5,890

Wow!
That was an amazing track!
Thanks for posting it.

I'm now listening to the full album (24bit-44.1Khz .flac) as I type this.

Can you PLEASE give me other artists that have this type of stage, space and texture in their mix?

The excellent use of space that Yosi Horikawa utilizes within his compositions and mixing is amazing.
Seriously, if you know of any tracks from other artists that are even better than this, I would really like to know.

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #778 of 5,890
Wow!
That was an amazing track!
Thanks for posting it.

I'm now listening to the full album (24bit-44.1Khz .flac) as I type this.

Can you PLEASE give me other artists that have this type of stage, space and texture in their mix?

The excellent use of space that Yosi Horikawa utilizes within his compositions and mixing is amazing.
Seriously, if you know of any tracks from other artists that are even better than this, I would really like to know.

Daisuke Tanabe

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #779 of 5,890
Thanks man! :)
Yeah I'll keep trying new tips and hopefully the filters get me there at least 80%.
I made myself some memory foam/silicone hybrid tips that I'm using as I type..
They seem to bring out the mids a bit more than then my Comply Audio Pro Tips do, but still all of this stuff seems to have a minor effect compared to what even a small amount of EQ does.
I do love them with EQ though..
And I actually really like messing with EQ, so I guess that's a plus in a weird way? :wink:

I wish I understood how to move soundstage around though..
If I could just move the stage more forward rather than to the back of my head, I think I would like these even more.
With all this said, I don't want to seem like I am dissing the T800...
I think it's amazing in many ways!
I just want them to have more of a neutral reference signature.
And a more complete soundstage.

What "copper cable" do you find works best for you?

I tried a few and i find the nicehck 8 core cable is the best to my ears. I bought the cheap one < 8 usd from aliexpress. Some of our friends here use the 16 core version. Did u get a free mixed copper/silver cable with your T800? U can try that too.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #780 of 5,890
Anyone find T800 needs higher volume adjustment than expected? I don’t remember this mentioned.

On my samsung smartphone i am using like 3/10 for volume, pc about 6/100 volume, with a fiio A3 amp 2/10 volume. I find it very easy to drive at low volumes, typical of multi BA IEMs. How much volume are u requiring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back