AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #783 of 5,890
Pure copper cable made a big difference in taming the shrillness of t800.
Beautiful sounding iem, it is. Good, stable fit with a variety of tips too.
Does anyone have concerns that nozzle lacks a screen, eg debris getting inside more easily?
I don’t produce much earwax, but that tool helps clean out any that might migrate to the nozzle. I usually check every so often a and clean my tips periodically. If I do have some earwax, it’s usually on the tips.
Edit: there’s also those Comply tips you could get that have the built in screens. There’s enough treble energy in these, where that may be an option.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #784 of 5,890
On my samsung smartphone i am using like 3/10 for volume, pc about 6/100 volume, with a fiio A3 amp 2/10 volume. I find it very easy to drive at low volumes, typical of multi BA IEMs. How much volume are u requiring?

It’s weird. I had to increase volume appreciably on my ARm20 but my FiiO m9 had no such need. Thanks for the reply

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #785 of 5,890
from
On my samsung smartphone i am using like 3/10 for volume, pc about 6/100 volume, with a fiio A3 amp 2/10 volume. I find it very easy to drive at low volumes, typical of multi BA IEMs. How much volume are u requiring?
i think you listen really quiet

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #786 of 5,890
So, I have about 20hrs use on the T800 so far..
I've been running quite a few sound tests as well.
One test of note: I was able to hear/feel a 14Hz Sine wave.
14hz is REALLY LOW!
Nothing else I own can do that.

However, "usable sub-bass" on the T00 doesn't come in till around 35Hz...
The T800 does bass quite well!
Bass is rather quick, but -slightly- slower than typical BAs.
It's gets quite intense on EDM tracks, and is just about right on "bass lite" Classic Rock tracks.

Unfortunately, I do not like certain aspects of the T800's signature...
It has that typical 2khz-4khz boosted "ChiFi signature".
Sadly, Cable/Tip swapping are just not enough to correct this either.

Oddly enough I have found that it's 3.5khz peak doesn't bother me nearly as much as it's 2khz peak..

I ran several sine waves through the T800 at very low (near inaudible) volumes, and the one tone that I could hear far above anything else was 2khz.
Once I get the Knowles filters in, I'm sure I'll be more content with the sound.
It seems like the "white 680 Ohm" filters should work perfectly for me.

For now: It's nothing a little EQ can't fix.
Here is my currant favorite all around EQ setting for the T800:

Now keep in mind, this EQ curve is based on:
Tips: Comply Audio Pro (wax guard)
Cable: NICHCK High Purity Copper 16 core.
Source: Sabaj Da3
Player: Foobar2000 + 31 Band EQ addon

EQ settings are slightly different (of course) with my LG V20/Neutron Player and my old Ibasso DX50.

Now, just so you don't think I'm EQing the schit out of these; there is really nothing that adds/subtracts more than 2db within my above posted curve.
On brighter tracks, I will occasionally pull the 2khz down to 3db, even 4.5db.
As you can see the 2khz's neighboring frequencies, are also slightly reduced.
The Mid Bass is also very slightly pulled out.
The Mids are very slightly boosted as well..
Nothing above/below 1.7db though.

This EQ curve brings the T800 very close to neutral reference signature, with slightly boosted bass (just how I like it!).

Soundstage:
Soundstage tests were conducted using:
"The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc"

Stage is really good on the T800, but my ToneKing T4 is better honestly.
The T800 is a bit wider than the T4 but not as much Height & Depth as the T4.
The T800's stage stays on the far outside left/right of your ears,
But does not extend above the upper back part of your head..

So, it's like you are listening to a concert with your back facing the stage...
Sounds never seems to get onto the top front or even center of your head.

With the ToneKing T4 (same: tips/cables/sources) I can get center stage sounds onto the upper top of my forehead!
The T4 is a pretty amazing IEM for below $200.
I HIGHLY recommend the ToneKing T4 for stage and mid-range (as long as you are willing to use some Sub-Bass EQ, and maybe a little treble reduction for some folks).

I have tried several tips/cables/sources on the T800 and I can't seem to improve the stage much beyond what it already is.

However, the T800 beats the T4 hands down in Bass response and overall micro-details.
The T800 goes into "Nano-Detail" territory!

And with mild EQ (and possibly Knowles Filters) the T800 can have an very good signature that I can be quite satisfied with.

The T800 does what it does, quite well!
I have been hearing nano-details that I have never heard with any headphone or IEM..
For that matter; even my $5k Q12 studio monitors can't reproduce this kind of detail.
So yeah, the micro detail on the T800 is quite impeccable!

All in all, I'd say it's a nice quality IEM for a $300.
However, I really wish it had a lower mid-treble peak, along with 25% more stage -depth- (width is great!)...

Okay, that's it for now...
Once I get my filters in I'll post some final thoughts.

------------------------------
Note:
If you want to blow your mind on amazing soundstage, detail, and BASS;
check this track out:

------------------------------

I have toneking t4 and absolutely love the mids and soundstage! However, I found male vocals a tad thin which was corrected by my recent iems in kpe and tanchjim oxygen. Both have an amazing stage aswell.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #787 of 5,890
I don’t produce much earwax, but that tool helps clean out any that might migrate to the nozzle. I usually check every so often a and clean my tips periodically. If I do have some earwax, it’s usually on the tips.
Edit: there’s also those Comply tips you could get that have the built in screens. There’s enough treble energy in these, where that may be an option.

Thanks. I considered the Comply ones with screens but I’m enjoying with large spinfits right now. I like a nozzle screen but probably doesn’t suit t800 due to additional knowles damper options. Thanks reply

Jul 26, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #788 of 5,890
Jul 26, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #790 of 5,890
I tried a few and i find the nicehck 8 core cable is the best to my ears. I bought the cheap one < 8 usd from aliexpress. Some of our friends here use the 16 core version. Did u get a free mixed copper/silver cable with your T800? U can try that too.

Yes, I did get the free mixed cable.
It was okay, but honestly none of my cables seemed to make enough of a difference for me.
I tried around 7 cables:
2 copper (16 & 8 core), the silver copper mix (from Audiosense), 4 other silver plated wire cables. All varied from Balanced to non Balanced.

Jul 26, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #791 of 5,890
It was okay, but honestly none of my cables seemed to make enough of a difference for me.
I tried around 7 cables:
2 copper (16 & 8 core), the silver copper mix (from Audiosense), 4 other silver plated wire cables. All varied from Balanced to non Balanced.

I have some cables wich sound very similar and can't notice much difference when doing A/B (with others it is more obvious).
On the other hand, if I keep using one of them for a week or so, nuances pop up quickly to my ears when changing to another.
I think that if you do this with a nice silver plated one and after some days change to same or similar pure cooper one (or vice-versa), you will notice it clearly. Maybe it's more noticeable with DDs rather than multi BAs, but only have two pure BA IEMs and each one responds in a different way, so not sure. My niece says that they're very different when listening to KBEAR F1s, but she listens things that I don't.

Jul 26, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #792 of 5,890
I tried around 7 cables:
2 copper (16 & 8 core), the silver copper mix (from Audiosense), 4 other silver plated wire cables.
What are you looking for?

Jul 26, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #793 of 5,890
I tried around 7 cables:

Wow if you tried so many cables with no taming of the 2 - 4 kHz peak, then maybe dampers or tip rolling is the next best option. Or last resort is to EQ.

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #794 of 5,890
I have some cables wich sound very similar and can't notice much difference when doing A/B (with others it is more obvious).
On the other hand, if I keep using one of them for a week or so, nuances pop up quickly to my ears when changing to another.
I think that if you do this with a nice silver plated one and after some days change to same or similar pure cooper one (or vice-versa), you will notice it clearly. Maybe it's more noticeable with DDs rather than multi BAs, but only have two pure BA IEMs and each one responds in a different way, so not sure. My niece says that they're very different when listening to KBEAR F1s, but she listens things that I don't.
That's very true actually.. And yes it does seem to be more of an effect on DD that BAs.. I have an LZ A4 that has always had a silver plated cable, and recently I switched to copper, and I could hear a difference. Same with my Tin 2.
But yes it is subtle, and it seems like you really need some serious hours on an IEM before you notice the changes, and that's why I just don't think a cable makes enough of a difference in this case.
For me anyway.
I think the filters should do a great job rolling the 2k though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back