AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #736 of 5,890
Yup, and I hate it every time... :wink:
But Linsoul or Penon put the value low so I usually only end up paying $25'ish...

That's the price for express... via the post I never pay anything..
Same here, AliExpress shipping takes 3-4 weeks, but never get duties charged either.

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #737 of 5,890
20190723_171508.jpg
New cable came in for the T800!

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #740 of 5,890
It is the NICEHCK 7N Single Crystal Copper OCC Silver Plated Cable.

How does this cable affect the T800 sound wise? Does the silver component make the treble brighter?

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #743 of 5,890
Wow, my T180 are already in the midwest US after being in Hong Kong yesterday. My amazon seller gave me free DHL... looking forward to giving my impressions

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #744 of 5,890
I have the T300 and i just wrapped some tape around the nozzle to get it thicker.
Works good enough,and can now use any of the regular tips

Very nice trick :)

On my Shure e4c (which had the same sized nozzle), I did a similar mod, except using 2 layers of heat shrink tubing.

I’m gonna do the same thing with the T180 (or I might use a small piece of vinyl or silicone tubing).

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #745 of 5,890
Great, Did you find the treble rolled-off? And how much bass quantity compared to someting like sony mh755 or tin T2?

Not sure yet. I’ve been working long hours lately, so I have had very little free time for playing with toys. I will try to compare both of them with the T180 in the next few days though.

From the time I spent with them yesterday, I can say that the treble has good extension. Once I do some frequency sweeps, I’ll get a better idea though.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #746 of 5,890
Heat shrink tubing is even better,but didn't have any laying around,so tape had to do
Very nice trick :)

On my Shure e4c (which had the same sized nozzle), I did a similar mod, except using 2 layers of heat shrink tubing.

I’m gonna do the same thing with the T180 (or I might use a small piece of vinyl or silicone tubing).

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #747 of 5,890
Got my t800 today. Surprise in the box... Extra cable for some reason

20190723_211819.jpg

Initial impressions.... now i'm not well up on the descriptors you lot use :)
They're definitely brighter than the DM6's but the fit is lovely, very similar feel to FA7 (tried briefly but didn't like the sound). Little tricky right now getting them to stay fully seated because of the damn heat and humidity ... will experiment with tips more too.

Bass is present and punchy but not come close to the impact that the TFZ No3 have but it feels more controlled
They feel much wider than any other IEM i've tried. Feels much more open - not confined between ears like many other iems
The treble is very present but not sibilant but it's right at the top of how much i could stand but doesn't cross the line. Tracks like the pantera can really hurt if a set is sibilant and it's not on these - i can listen at a good volume without EQ'ing
They are absolutely giving me more details - the queen track sounds clearer than i've ever heard it.

I think for me this is a winner. Probably will be my 'end game' as this is right at the top end of my budget....

Ok - tried and trusted Spinfit CP145 work brilliantly with these

Tracks:
Valley / Coming Home - Sizzlebird (Bass/Sub bass)
The Seed - Tony Allen (lots of cymbals / percussion - very busy track)
Another One BItes the Dust - Queen (Cymbals)
Lorde - Royals (bass)
Angel - Massive Attack
Wanna Be Startin' Something / Remember the Time - Michael Jackson
5 Minutes Alone - Pantera (Mids)
On a Plain - Nirvana

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #748 of 5,890
Got my t800 today. Surprise in the box... Extra cable for some reason

Got the same one in the box with mine today. I’d already ordered a couple of cables from NiceHCK tho, so it’s a bonus :wink:

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #749 of 5,890
I'm using the Fiio LC-3.5c with mine - like the earhooks

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #750 of 5,890
Got my t800 today...Probably will be my 'end game' as this is right at the top end of my budget....

Same here.

I figure I’d have to step up to $1k+ to get noticeably better, so I’m perfectly happy with the T800.

Any more IEMs I get will either be ones I build myself, mods to an existing one, or a CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back