AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #721 of 5,890
Had my T800 for a week. And it made me ponder my life decisions. Specifically, why the heck did my Andromeda and Andromeda costs so much

I always felt campfire audio products are overpriced actually.
But I really thank the CHIFI companies for giving us a small taste of audiophile quality at a decent price the past few years. I really want to sell away all my westone IEMs that have poorer sound quality (and are more expensive) than my budget CHIFI IEMs.

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #722 of 5,890
I go them on TaoBao/TianMao and their official forwarding company only provided a tracking that is seemingly for Fedex but is for from Canada to my location in California. I am assuming it is part of their tracks to achieve the lowest cost. Can anyone guess if I will be charged any duty?

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #724 of 5,890
Update, I found the missing T180. They had hidden them deep inside the T800 accessory box, and I did not find them at first.

The photos don’t do the T180 justice; they look much nicer in person.

They’re very small and fit flat in the ears, and would work great for sleeping.

The T180 sound is clear and balanced. Bass is a bit thin as can be expected for a single BA driver. Vocals are the star of the show with the T180, with really nice midrange. Treble is clean and unoffensive; no grain, no shrillness, no harshness.

I didn’t really like the stock olive style tips because I didn’t get the best fit with them. Sadly though, I don’t really have any tips that properly fit this nozzle size. For now I’m using Sony MH755 tips, which fit my ears better but don’t really fit the nozzle all that securely. I’m going to order some tips that properly fit the nozzle.

Bottom line, is that the T180 is worth every penny of its asking price. I’ve built my own single-BA IEMs using the exact same Knowles driver, and honestly I can’t really build my own pair for less than Audiosense is already asking for the T180.

Does it beat or compete with tin t2 according to you? How do they compare?

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #726 of 5,890
Somebody has to try the T800 with the Shanling m3s 2.5mm output. The synergy is so good with this combo.

Had my T800 for a week. And it made me ponder my life decisions. Specifically, why the heck did my Andromeda and Andromeda S costs so much

Idk, even after having the T800, I spent more than 3 times the price of the T800s for a pair of Hyla CE-5 and I don't regret it at all. T800s are good, but TOTL IEMs are on a different level and I don't mind paying the price difference.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #727 of 5,890
Just received my NX7. Preliminary thoughts it that..... It just may unseat my T800 to be my favorite after the Andromeda/S.........

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #728 of 5,890
Somebody has to try the T800 with the Shanling m3s 2.5mm output. The synergy is so good with this combo.

Idk, even after having the T800, I spent more than 3 times the price of the T800s for a pair of Hyla CE-5 and I don't regret it at all. T800s are good, but TOTL IEMs are on a different level and I don't mind paying the price difference.
I’ve got an M3s, I’ll check it out later. Right now I’m running it out of my very juicy Plenue D2, and it’s a blast.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #729 of 5,890
I received the T800 today.

Unfortunately, they forgot to include the T180, so I can’t compare the 2 models at the present time. I sent a message to Audiosense and hope to get it resolved.

As far as the T800, I’ve done an unbox and a preliminary listen to a few audio tests and a number of music tracks. However, I can say that I am extremely impressed.

The T800 has a low end that closely approaches a dynamic, which is all that I’ve ever wanted in a BA set.

Build quality is excellent, comfort is excellent. I wish the nozzle had a lip to help retain the eartip, but that’s a minor issue that can be easily overlooked because nothing is perfect right?

As far as the treble, and tuning filters, the treble sounds perfectly fine to me. It is not overwhelming, not harsh, not overly bright, etc. I have no desire to add additional damper filters.

I have gotten the feeling that people feel they have to buy and use filters with the T800, like it’s an automatic purchase that’s required to fully enjoy the T800. And that’s just simply not the case at all.

My advice is to just try the T800 as-is. No extra filters required. If, and only if, you dislike the default tuning, then maybe order a few filters. Of course I can’t speak for everyone’s treble preference, but IMO they are totally unnecessary.

Perhaps my opinion of the treble will change upon more hours, tip rolling, cable swapping, etc. But I am usually pretty good about judging what I like and what I don’t right out of the box. And the T800’s treble is tuned just right IMO.
Based on your experience what is the comparable value with respect to branded ones?

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #730 of 5,890
Just received my NX7. Preliminary thoughts it that..... It just may unseat my T800 to be my favorite after the Andromeda/S.........

The Nicehck NX7 sellers are giving discounts on aliexpress, but I saw some reviews on the amazon Japan website about NX7, and a few of them (using google translate) have less than favourable reviews regarding the build quality and lack of bass/sharp treble. Will wait for more reviews first. But if it can truly compete with the T800 at its cheaper price range, that's really commendable.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #731 of 5,890
The Nicehck NX7 sellers are giving discounts on aliexpress, but I saw some reviews on the amazon Japan website about NX7, and a few of them (using google translate) have less than favourable reviews regarding the build quality and lack of bass/sharp treble. Will wait for more reviews first. But if it can truly compete with the T800 at its cheaper price range, that's really commendable.

I keep on wondering if people just pop in the earphones out of the box and tested and give comments....... The stock eartips sucked and lacked bass. I am a nut about tip rolling to find the right fit. The NX7 paired with spinfit CP145 does wonders. I normally find the best fit eartips for the iem before I give first listening impressions...... NX7 DOES NOT LACK BASS!

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #733 of 5,890
Just to note here, as time progresses, im using my sony ex1k less and less, almost not at all. The ex1k has an amazing soundstage, and incredible low end detail, but the absolute clarity in the mids and the treble extension of the t800, have me not missing enough to go back. I may be in a honeymoon stage, or maybe these are just that good. I have the 4 core **** copper cable on order from ali, not expecting some big change from this cheap 4.4 cable i have now or anything. I just wanted something pretty for these. Honestly, as far as money spent goes, these are up there with my best purchases of all time for sure. If audiosense makes a hybrid i will probably be all on it first thing. These folks did us all a huge solid with the t800. I cant really completly fault it for anything given its an all BA set. I really want to see someone compare these more to the Fearless lineup that got so hyped, seems like these may be the better of the 2 for less money. Although, id probably throw some cash to have the customization of the fearless available, just because why not.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #734 of 5,890
Update, I found the missing T180. They had hidden them deep inside the T800 accessory box, and I did not find them at first.

The T180 sound is clear and balanced. Bass is a bit thin as can be expected for a single BA driver. Vocals are the star of the show with the T180, with really nice midrange. Treble is clean and unoffensive; no grain, no shrillness, no harshness.

I didn’t really like the stock olive style tips because I didn’t get the best fit with them. Sadly though, I don’t really have any tips that properly fit this nozzle size. For now I’m using Sony MH755 tips, which fit my ears better but don’t really fit the nozzle all that securely. I’m going to order some tips that properly fit the nozzle.

Bottom line, is that the T180 is worth every penny of its asking price. I’ve built my own single-BA IEMs using the exact same Knowles driver, and honestly I can’t really build my own pair for less than Audiosense is already asking for the T180.

Great, Did you find the treble rolled-off? And how much bass quantity compared to someting like sony mh755 or tin T2?

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #735 of 5,890
I have the T300 and i just wrapped some tape around the nozzle to get it thicker.
Works good enough,and can now use any of the regular tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back