AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #5,731 of 5,890
the seller just wrote me that he put these nets in himself as protection - you can easily remove them

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Oct 18, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #5,732 of 5,890
I got the T800 today. How should I change the Knowles shocks? There's a net in front of it?! do you have a hint?
t800i.jpg

Oh the older batch of T800 didn't have a mesh. Is this a second hand one (where possibly the owner put a mesh), or did u buy it new?
Yeah, I didn't know they had screens on them at all. Mine doesn't have that mesh screen in place. Having said that, it is more than likely just a sticky screen. If you are careful, you could take it out, and as long as you don't get anything on the back side (where the sticky is), you SHOULD be able to reinstall it when you are done. If not, you could order replacements (for very cheap off of AE).

This isn't a filter, BTW, it is just to keep stuff from getting down into the monitor. Like @baskingshark said, the earlier units did not have this, so you had to clean it a LOT more often so that stuff didn't build up in a spot you could not get to.

Oct 18, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #5,733 of 5,890
The first songs sound promising. I use an inexpensive Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC Earphone Cable (MMCX-4.4mm, Gold).
amazon
I will experiment with different eartips.
The resolution is high for such an inexpensive BA setup. Stage in depth is top class, in width also very good. I can't really hear hissing sounds, I've had much worse experiences with other IEMs.

Oct 18, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #5,734 of 5,890
The first songs sound promising. I use an inexpensive Linsoul Tripowin Zonie 16 Core Silver Plated Cable SPC Earphone Cable (MMCX-4.4mm, Gold).
amazon
I will experiment with different eartips.
The resolution is high for such an inexpensive BA setup. Stage in depth is top class, in width also very good. I can't really hear hissing sounds, I've had much worse experiences with other IEMs.

While not inexpensive (at $300), these were considered by a lot of people to be punching in at well above their price point, when they were still in production. A lot of people have moved on by now, but I still have mine, and still use them. I doubt I will get rid of them. I just love the BA sound (when I am in the mood for it). I haven't listened to a ton of other all BA sets, but AS seems to have done it right IMHO.

I finally landed on Final Type E tips for mine and am using (also) a Tripowin 8 core SPC cable for mine.

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #5,736 of 5,890
I have the KZ AS16 Pro and like it a lot. I'm curious about the Audiosense DT600, has anyone compared them?
Just got the DT600 yesterday still messing around with tips and impedence adapters. AS16 Pro and AQ4 are the two I'm mainly interested in comparing it to. First impressions are certainly NOT "These are junk, where are my KZ BA sets"!:smile:

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #5,739 of 5,890
I recently ordered the audiosense dt600(still in transit). What dongles can you recommend to match the audiosense dt600? Preferably on the budget side but I can save up for more expensive ones.
Been listening to mine with BTR3K while I went for a walk earlier today. I don't worry about impedance adapter for mobile use (this plug isn't long enough, lets make it really unwieldy). Wired dongle might be slightly better SQ too, but convenience wins!:ksc75smile:

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #5,740 of 5,890
dt600 are mainly tips sensitive so rolling is a must, to me the impedance adapter is useless , can be driven very well with LPW1. A good dt600 upgrade is available with their sister brand 'tingker' the h16, 8 BA, accoustic chamber. more refined, detailled than the dt600. T800 is still on top to me at AS (but different signature), more resolution everywhere but requires very good match with the source . A good audio landscape coverage can be achieved with complements H16 + T800 .

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #5,741 of 5,890
dt600 are mainly tips sensitive so rolling is a must, to me the impedance adapter is useless , can be driven very well with LPW1. A good dt600 upgrade is available with their sister brand 'tingker' the h16, 8 BA, accoustic chamber. more refined, detailled than the dt600. T800 is still on top to me at AS (but different signature), more resolution everywhere but requires very good match with the source . A good audio landscape coverage can be achieved with complements H16 + T800 .
I've been running mine with KBEAR 07 tips. I found that the impedance adapter seems to cut mid-bass leaving it cleaner/cooler with slightly less note weight. It's an option but leaving it off is closer to AQ4 tuning. At least to my ear, I don't have a graphing rig. :L3000:

Jan 2, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #5,742 of 5,890
6 days after I ordered, always no news and no shippement from Audiosense.
Is it normal ?

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #5,743 of 5,890
6 days after I ordered, always no news and no shippement from Audiosense.
Is it normal ?
Mine have normally shipped pretty quickly. Be aware that Covid is causing huge problems in China at the moment. You can extend delivery time in the order details for the order (default is 10 days as I recall). Otherwise message them, pretty good supplier to deal with.:)

Jan 2, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #5,744 of 5,890
Mine have normally shipped pretty quickly. Be aware that Covid is causing huge problems in China at the moment. You can extend delivery time in the order details for the order (default is 10 days as I recall). Otherwise message them, pretty good supplier to deal with.:)
China went from lockdowns to few COVID restrictions but they haven't authorized any foreign MRNA vaccines (which prevent severe infection) and never mandated any vaccines for the elderly so vaccination rates in the older population are very low, so infection rates and mortality have been very high. Their medical system is currently overwhelmed and cremation facilities are backed up. Once your IEM ships there may be further delays since the postal system has is currently very overwhelmed from lack of workers and it wouldn't surprise me if it takes some time to get back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back