AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #5,716 of 5,890
Yep those will help to tame the treble

Some folks also use a knowles filter (if you are adventerous).
The knowles filters can be bought on aliexpress or amazon, just search "knowles filter" or "knowles damper". Do buy a damper removal tool too for easier removal of the filter.
The knowles filter doesn't just tame the treble, it also increases the soundstage a bit IMHO. I bought mine here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32580267018.html but you can just buy it from the cheapest shop or something.

This is not an Audiosense T800, but putting in and removing the knowles filter is done similarly.

11263009.png

The knowles stock damper inside the T800 shell is white, and so u can add another knowles filter into the nozzle (I have tried the brown or green or white or grey), and if you do this, it is additive in damping (add the stock white damper's 680 ohms + whatever damper u put into the nozzle).
Others are more adventurous and removed the stock white damper within the T800's shell and put their aftermarket damper inside the IEM (I haven't tried this personally, afraid of accidentally damaging something).

Or, if you don't feel like messing with that, you can use these, which I got when first I got the T800. Also, these respond more to cable rolling and tip rolling that I have experienced in many other IEMs.

Oct 15, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #5,717 of 5,890
Bought a used T800 for 150€ which will arrive on Monday or Tuesday.
Has anyone used triple eartips? The nozzle seems very short and I have very deep ear canals which make it difficult to get an optimal seal.
My last IEMs were Ultrasone IQ and A&K Michelle. I had the DT600 9 months ago. The sound was very dark and the highs were set back.
Does the T800 have better detail than the IQ/Michelle IEMs? I use a DX160 as a player.
I am sensitive to excessive highs, what filters can I use and how do I swap them out? Are there videos that explain this?

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #5,718 of 5,890
Has anyone used triple eartips? The nozzle seems very short and I have very deep ear canals which make it difficult to get an optimal seal.
My last IEMs were Ultrasone IQ and A&K Michelle. I had the DT600 9 months ago. The sound was very dark and the highs were set back.
Does the T800 have better detail than the IQ/Michelle IEMs? I use a DX160 as a player.
I am sensitive to excessive highs, what filters can I use and how do I swap them out? Are there videos that explain this?
Which filters are you talking about ?

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #5,720 of 5,890
I don't find them to be shorter than something like the DUNU DK2001, or OG Tinhifi P1. Having said that, you could use an "O" ring or something like that to shim the tip to stick out further if you don't want to use triple tips. Also DUNU (very shortly) will be selling some tips that are shaped like foams (squarish) but are silicone, wide bore, and are quite a bit longer than standard tips.

Yes, if you order a Knowles filter kit (and a removal tool) you can swap out the stock filter in it. There should be some DIY videos if you search Google. Or you could order some Ostrey filter tips (that have the filters in the tip itself.

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #5,722 of 5,890
thank you for your help. I'll wait and see if it's necessary to use these filters. I have several tri flange tips, maybe these are good enough. The frequency peak at 4khz worries me a little while watching, but I have to hear it myself. Why is the T800 only rated with a C at crinacle? But the DT600 with B? As a European, I don't understand many of the reviews, maybe it's because he prefers the Asian tuning?

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #5,723 of 5,890
thank you for your help. I'll wait and see if it's necessary to use these filters. I have several tri flange tips, maybe these are good enough. The frequency peak at 4khz worries me a little while watching, but I have to hear it myself. Why is the T800 only rated with a C at crinacle? But the DT600 with B? As a European, I don't understand many of the reviews, maybe it's because he prefers the Asian tuning?
I rarely agree with Crinacle's reviews because of his preference, though I find them useful in that he is very consistent with them. Several of my top picks have come from near the bottom of his rankings.

His reviews are always purely subjective, and rarely objective so the reviews are based solely on what he likes or doesn't rather than this or that might be good, just not to his tastes (if that makes any sense).

Having said that, it CAN get a bit hot up top if you are sensitive to it, but filters work, and even using a pure copper cable and narrow bore tips can help too. These are still on the top of my list for pure BA IEMs, but YMMV. And BTW! I am also super sensitive to upper mids - lower treble (though not to mid and upper treble at all).

Oct 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #5,724 of 5,890
Saw videos of crinacle and found him very arrogant, overconfident. Of course, his measurements are helpful if you can compare many models with each other. But I can't share many of his B ratings.
I've had the XBA H3, Oriveti OH500, ATH-E70, IE300, Moondrop Kanas Pro, XBA-N3, DK-3001 Pro, Etymotic ER4XR, FiiO FA9 and others that I see way overrated.
But these are things that are purely subjective. I only use Crinacle for the measurements, but I often wonder about this ranking.

Oct 15, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #5,725 of 5,890
Saw videos of crinacle and found him very arrogant, overconfident. Of course, his measurements are helpful if you can compare many models with each other. But I can't share many of his B ratings.
I've had the XBA H3, Oriveti OH500, ATH-E70, IE300, Moondrop Kanas Pro, XBA-N3, DK-3001 Pro, Etymotic ER4XR, FiiO FA9 and others that I see way overrated.
But these are things that are purely subjective. I only use Crinacle for the measurements, but I often wonder about this ranking.
I think it is because the bass isn't boosted enough for him. They are boosted, make no mistake. Also, I am not sure that he doesn't just throw them in his ears and listen for short time before making a review. With any head gear that is different than a signature you are used to, you will need to keep listening to them for your brain to get used to it, and then you if you still find issues, report that.

Either way, I hope you end up enjoying them as much as I have over the years... :)

Edit: And if you have had some FiiO head gear and the DUNU DK4001, I would say that you won't have too much problem in the upper mids area IMO. FiiO "house" tuning is with a bit of a boosted ear gain, and the DUNU as well.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #5,726 of 5,890
Well, those white, brown Knowles filters (to dampen the highs) that are written about here. Are there complete sets of tools to remove and attach?

Hi friend

You can check out this post on how to install the knowles filters, and the various resistances on the various coloured filters: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-381#post-17160053

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #5,728 of 5,890
I got the T800 today. How should I change the Knowles shocks? There's a net in front of it?! do you have a hint?
t800i.jpg

Oct 18, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #5,729 of 5,890
I got the T800 today. How should I change the Knowles shocks? There's a net in front of it?! do you have a hint?
t800i.jpg

Oh the older batch of T800 didn't have a mesh. Is this a second hand one (where possibly the owner put a mesh), or did u buy it new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back