AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #361 of 5,890
hey i use my pairs with the same cable, small world
IMG_20190704_163208.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #364 of 5,890
and they really complete the optics whit the carbon details on the cable

did somone try balanced cables 2.5 on the t800 is there a benefit ?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #366 of 5,890
and they really complete the optics whit the carbon details on the cable

did somone try balanced cables 2.5 on the t800 is there a benefit ?
i run them balanced, if you see the photo is 2.5mm, never tried them single ended so have no idea if it is beneficial, but my dac measure better from the balanced out so i am doing it anyway, it is OCD stuff

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #368 of 5,890
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #369 of 5,890
Do you notice a big difference between stock or copper cable?

I have tried the Nicehck 8 braided copper wire (good but not as great as the 16 braided one most of you guys are using from nicehck) with the T800 and although I don't have any measuring rigs, subjectively i agree the highs are a bit tamed with it compared to the stock cable. Even though i ain't that treble sensitive, i didn't really percieve any silibance with the stock cable, maybe occasionally a slight fatigue in treble with prolonged listening. YMMV.

However i found a slight loss of details with the nicehck copper cable. Not sure if it's due to a less bright/forward treble losing microdetails cause it is softer now, or it is truly the cable making a difference to me.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #370 of 5,890
I have tried the Nicehck 8 braided copper wire (good but not as great as the 16 braided one most of you guys are using from nicehck) with the T800 and although I don't have any measuring rigs, subjectively i agree the highs are a bit tamed with it compared to the stock cable. Even though i ain't that treble sensitive, i didn't really percieve any silibance or painful peaks on the treble with the stock cable, YMMV.

However i found a slight loss of details with the nicehck copper cable. Not sure if it's due to a less bright/forward treble losing microdetails cause it is softer now, or it is truly the cable making a difference to me.

So you’re saying that you like the 16 core (brown colored) cable better than the 8 core version of the same brown colored cable, because you noticed some loss of detail with the 8 core cable?

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #371 of 5,890
So you’re saying that you like the 16 core (brown colored) cable better than the 8 core version of the same brown colored cable, because you noticed some loss of detail with the 8 core cable?

No sorry i don't own the 16 core nicehck cable.
But i am comparing the 8 core nicehck cable to the stock silver cable and I found a slight loss of details compared to the stock silver one. Well this is purely subjective.
I actually have a feeling it is cause the highs are tamed and by default since the treble softens, microdetails should also be softer?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #372 of 5,890
BTW @Slater, i got the nicehck 8 core cable based on your great recommendations on the cheap but good value cable forum on headfi, and it is excellent value for the price.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Other than resistance of the wires, is the 16 core nicehck a big difference in terms of sound quality from the 8 core one?

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #373 of 5,890
BTW @Slater, i got the nicehck 8 core cable based on your great recommendations on the cheap but good value cable forum on headfi, and it is excellent value for the price.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Other than resistance of the wires, is the 16 core nicehck a big difference in terms of sound quality from the 8 core one?

Glad to help, friend.

As far as the 8 vs 16 core brown NiceHCK cable, I haven’t really noticed any sound difference.

Technically, the 8-core version has a slightly lower resistance than the 16-core version. But having a resistance that’s lower by a fraction of an ohm or so doesn’t necessarily translate to being ‘better’ or anything.

Both are nicely made and both are a great value. I’d say just get whatever one you can afford and/or like the looks of.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #374 of 5,890
Initial impression on the T-800:
  • Imaging and details retrieval is really good. Didnt expect it to be at this level for a 300usd earphone.
  • Soundstage is wide
  • Bass is tight and fast
  • Vocal clarity is top notch
Tested on the Zishan DSD (Muses02) and iBasso DC-01.

Sidenote: Had issue with the copper cable that was provided, contacted Audiosense on Aliexpress, prompt solution and response from them. Really good customer service by them!

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #375 of 5,890
Glad to help, friend.

As far as the 8 vs 16 core brown NiceHCK cable, I haven’t really noticed any sound difference.

Technically, the 8-core version has a slightly lower resistance than the 16-core version. But having a resistance that’s lower by a fraction of an ohm or so doesn’t necessarily translate to being ‘better’ or anything.

Both are nicely made and both are a great value. I’d say just get whatever one you can afford and/or like the looks of.

I wanna thank you for the links provided at bottom of your posts. Each one is informative about topics for which I had lingering questions. Thanks!

I want an excellent multi BA iem at a price point no higher than the T800, so I am sorely tempted. I’d like to settle down and get off this audio gear crazy train.

I have kz zs10 pro which is fine for $50 but has a few glaring shortcomings, eg low end bass is unresolving/distorted. I’ve soured on my campfire Io, sadly—low & hi ends are excellent but mids are muddy/too dense, as others have strenuously indicated, but somehow I didn’t perceive until much later. I kick myself over this.

Many thanks to all the head fi gurus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back