AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #346 of 5,890
After listening for a week, I gotta say the imaging on these are just unreal, probably the best I've heard, better than the ex1000 that I also love. For instance on the song Gorecki by Lamb, there is a series of Djembe drums that goes from center to right then left, the position of each beat is slightly different, and with T800 I can discern the positions of each beat more clearly than most other headphones I have. The soundstage is very wide, but I feel it is a bit oval shaped, lacking a bit in depth comparing to the ex1000.
The bass impact and speed are also impressive, I agree with other reviewers that they almost sound like dynamic driver bass, especially the sub-bass, probably because of that vented woofer. The mids are lush and smooth, vocals are forward, I especially love listening to male vocals such as Eric Clapton on this. The treble is crisp and extends very well, and it is and not sibilant after a change to a copper cable. Another thing I really like is that these perform really well at low volumes, with no loss of detail or clarity, which is great because I tend to listen at lower volumes.
Although I got very small ears so finding the right fit that allows me to wear these for longer periods of time is a bit challenging, I made a custom earpiece which helped, and because of this, these isolate so well, maybe a bit too well....I can't even hear people talking to me from less than 1 meter away.
so my review is spot on is what you are saying :floatsmile:

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #347 of 5,890
After listening for a week, I gotta say the imaging on these are just unreal, probably the best I've heard, better than the ex1000 that I also love. For instance on the song Gorecki by Lamb, there is a series of Djembe drums that goes from center to right then left, the position of each beat is slightly different, and with T800 I can discern the positions of each beat more clearly than most other headphones I have. The soundstage is very wide, but I feel it is a bit oval shaped, lacking a bit in depth comparing to the ex1000.
The bass impact and speed are also impressive, I agree with other reviewers that they almost sound like dynamic driver bass, especially the sub-bass, probably because of that vented woofer. The mids are lush and smooth, vocals are forward, I especially love listening to male vocals such as Eric Clapton on this. The treble is crisp and extends very well, and it is and not sibilant after a change to a copper cable. Another thing I really like is that these perform really well at low volumes, with no loss of detail or clarity, which is great because I tend to listen at lower volumes.
Although I got very small ears so finding the right fit that allows me to wear these for longer periods of time is a bit challenging, I made a custom earpiece which helped, and because of this, these isolate so well, maybe a bit too well....I can't even hear people talking to me from less than 1 meter away.

its definitely a hidden gem. im still tip rolling to get best sound and fit but these things are top notch.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #350 of 5,890
i have not, i have only green filters, the vocals with them are one step back in the upper mids, more lush and full because of that, also the soundstage is already big stock, with those filters is huge

Oh i was thinking of spending $20 to get each color up to green to play with. i think it sounds great now but i want to push mids up and treble slightly back. my sound sig is more of L shaped

okay cant push mids up unless its eq. but with less treble the mids will appear more foward.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #351 of 5,890
Nice wrap up. I agree with everything you write,and i really hope even more "Head-Fiers"take the chance to get these...
Do you notice a big difference between stock or copper cable?
Yeah, I feel the stock cable gave me some siblance in a few vocal tracks (admittedly they were not great recordings to begin with, but still), but not the copper cable.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #354 of 5,890
nice review.
what cable you bought?

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #357 of 5,890
i did it i pulled the trigger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back