AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #2,656 of 5,890
Hmm, I am in search of an upgrade...... What should I get...... Do I want it to be a balanced cable..... Hmmmm sooo many choices. I am thinking of getting a E1DA 9038 S and a SPC or litz 8 core cable. I could also go crazy and grab myself a 16 core but that'll pricey.... And there are the Azla tips I want to try... The more I think about it. The T800 is the iem I have had most fun with and trying new set ups woth it haha

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #2,657 of 5,890
Is the T800 available for demo at Hong Kong or Schenzen?

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #2,658 of 5,890
Hmm, I am in search of an upgrade...... What should I get...... Do I want it to be a balanced cable..... Hmmmm sooo many choices. I am thinking of getting a E1DA 9038 S and a SPC or litz 8 core cable. I could also go crazy and grab myself a 16 core but that'll pricey.... And there are the Azla tips I want to try... The more I think about it. The T800 is the iem I have had most fun with and trying new set ups woth it haha
Good question i would get the e1da the isn s16 2.5 and the asla tips

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #2,659 of 5,890
the E1DA is a no-brainer. it's a tiny mobile DAC/AMP that stacks up well with setups in the $500 range. Very happy with mine. Also the azla tips fit so damn good. I actually tried the spiral dots again today just to give them another chance, and I'm ready to switch back to the azlas again. Just fair warning though, the azlas do increase brightness a bit, and the T800 already has a reputation for being too bright. BUT, if you drive them properly, the brightness does not lead to sibilance. Also, because azlas fit so well and seal so perfectly, you get even more low end. So... just be prepared for the azlas to accentuate the u-shape even further.
IMO get the E1DA & the tips. Ask E1DA to throw in a balanced cable for a small fee. The one they sent me was a nice SPC 8-core. If you aren't satisfied you can always add the cable later :wink:.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,660 of 5,890
Oh one thing about the E1DA... it's a feat of engineering, but bc of the price it comes with some quirks. The default mode can drive the T800 to literal ear-splitting levels. When I first plugged in the T800 to my phone, it auto-played music at FULL VOLUME and it literally hurt. I quickly ripped the earphones out of my ears but I'm legit worried I damaged my hearing a bit. I was prepared to throw the thing away right after that I was so pissed. But I figured out how to put it in IEM mode, which lowers the max volume by like 16dB. And it puts out amazing sound when properly used. Also understand the E1DA saps power from your battery. My v30 drives it well with fairly minimal drain (in IEM mode), but some people report that they need a power bank.
I hope Ivan comes out w/ a v3 of the 9038 that includes physical volume control and a proper mode switch. But... Ivan's response to those sort of questions is "start your own company". So just accept it for what it is. An amazing device that can actually be dangerous if you're not careful.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,661 of 5,890
Good question i would get the e1da the isn s16 2.5 and the asla tips
the E1DA is a no-brainer. it's a tiny mobile DAC/AMP that stacks up well with setups in the $500 range. Very happy with mine. Also the azla tips fit so damn good. I actually tried the spiral dots again today just to give them another chance, and I'm ready to switch back to the azlas again. Just fair warning though, the azlas do increase brightness a bit, and the T800 already has a reputation for being too bright. BUT, if you drive them properly, the brightness does not lead to sibilance. Also, because azlas fit so well and seal so perfectly, you get even more low end. So... just be prepared for the azlas to accentuate the u-shape even further.
IMO get the E1DA & the tips. Ask E1DA to throw in a balanced cable for a small fee. The one they sent me was a nice SPC 8-core. If you aren't satisfied you can always add the cable later :wink:.
Oh one thing about the E1DA... it's a feat of engineering, but bc of the price it comes with some quirks. The default mode can drive the T800 to literal ear-splitting levels. When I first plugged in the T800 to my phone, it auto-played music at FULL VOLUME and it literally hurt. I quickly ripped the earphones out of my ears but I'm legit worried I damaged my hearing a bit. I was prepared to throw the thing away right after that I was so pissed. But I figured out how to put it in IEM mode, which lowers the max volume by like 16dB. And it puts out amazing sound when properly used. Also understand the E1DA saps power from your battery. My v30 drives it well with fairly minimal drain (in IEM mode), but some people report that they need a power bank.
I hope Ivan comes out w/ a v3 of the 9038 that includes physical volume control and a proper mode switch. But... Ivan's response to those sort of questions is "start your own company". So just accept it for what it is. An amazing device that can actually be dangerous if you're not careful.
Oooo now I am not certain about the tips. I am using an SPC S16 and I find the treble/brightness perfect and the low end is great as well. I have no issues what so ever with fit. Just curious to try out different tips. Maybe I'll just got for the E1DA 9038s and see if I can get a cable as well. Try out these songs if you can, they sound amazing :D

The Prodigy - Climbatize
Heilung - Krigsgaldr
The Hu - Wolf Totem

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,663 of 5,890
Do you use the Ziku X9 to listen to the T800?

Yeah I do, but as the T800 is quite source picky, I'm afraid the Ziku X9 doesn't do it justice in the details/dynamics department as well as my desktop setup (Khadas tone board -> Fiio A3 amp).
Plus X9 has a subbass roll off, so it is a bit of a bummer to lose some subbass with it.

Your X10 looks like it will be much better for driving the T800!

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #2,664 of 5,890
Oooo now I am not certain about the tips. I am using an SPC S16 and I find the treble/brightness perfect and the low end is great as well. I have no issues what so ever with fit. Just curious to try out different tips. Maybe I'll just got for the E1DA 9038s and see if I can get a cable as well. Try out these songs if you can, they sound amazing :D

The Prodigy - Climbatize
Heilung - Krigsgaldr
The Hu - Wolf Totem
If you're happy with the sound and fit you get from the spiral dots you don't need the sednas. Personally I don't like the spiral dot loose fit on the stem, and I also get an even better seal w/ the sednas so I'm happier w/ those. I know it sounds crazy that the tips make the T800 even brighter, but if you listen w/ stock tips, you realize that it just creates a prominent u-shape as well, and the T800 still sounds good. IMO the spiral dots "smooths things out", on both the high end and low end, but makes the T800 even more open and airy. The sednas also open things up, like the spiral dots, while doing less smoothing. Note that these differences are subtle, not dramatic.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #2,665 of 5,890
If you're happy with the sound and fit you get from the spiral dots you don't need the sednas. Personally I don't like the spiral dot loose fit on the stem, and I also get an even better seal w/ the sednas so I'm happier w/ those. I know it sounds crazy that the tips make the T800 even brighter, but if you listen w/ stock tips, you realize that it just creates a prominent u-shape as well, and the T800 still sounds good. IMO the spiral dots "smooths things out", on both the high end and low end, but makes the T800 even more open and airy. The sednas also open things up, like the spiral dots, while doing less smoothing. Note that these differences are subtle, not dramatic.
I'll see if I get them. Anyways it won't hurt the iem haha. Know when the E1DA 9038D is coming out?

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #2,666 of 5,890
I'll see if I get them. Anyways it won't hurt the iem haha. Know when the E1DA 9038D is coming out?
poke your head in the discord channel. I was in there for a few days when I bought my 9038S. Sounds like it's tracking sometime in December last I saw.
The "D" will draw twice the amount of power as the "S" by the way. That turns me off from it.
https://discord.gg/nkUBYSv

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #2,668 of 5,890
Is there a cheap place to buy Azla Sedna Earfit Light eartips?

I am a Canadian and I am seeing $40 and $50 for a couple pairs, when rotating between the different sites on Amazon.

If no, I'll skip them.
Amazon us has them

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,670 of 5,890
That's where I got the $40 (USA) and $50 (CANADA) price for the Azla Sedna's.
Damn i get them from amazon japan for 10 dollar plus 5 shipping but thata for german import rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Back