AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #2,641 of 5,890
Hey everyone. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the T-800s but have a concern about fit. With that said, I'm hoping there may be someone in this thread in my San Diego area that wouldn't mind demoing theirs. I'd be happy to furnish a frosty beverage and bring along some tips. Sounds strange but hey never hurts to ask.

Not strange at all. If you were close I'd meet up. Sadly I'm no where close to you..

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #2,642 of 5,890
Hi!

I am thinking of getting either T800 or FiiO FH7. What is the best in your opinion? Is there anything better than this two in terms of separation, soundstage, imaging and bass speed? I can stand both bright and warm sound, but I'd like detailed bass. I wanna move on to something better. Is there an over-ear headphone better than this two in terms of sound quality?

Really wanna go higher than cheap Chi-Fi.

Thanks in advance!
I personally prefer the T800 more. The Fiio FH7 is a great iem but I found the mids to sound slightly veild or slightly congested. The Fiio FH7 is the more balanced sound but if you detail and clarity, the T800 will give you that easily. The T800 are U shaped but with a change of eartips the mids can be brought forward a bit. The T800 does have more low end but never bleeds into the mids and has great control. The T800 also has more treble and low end extension compared to the Fiio FH7. Listening to the FH7 then swapping back to the T800, it may sound that the FH7 is much more balanced but in all honesty, after getting use to the T800, the T800 for me has much better mids and mid detail. Texture of guitars and bass line and thicker and meatier as well. In all honesty, it depends if you prefer a balanced or slightly U shaped sound. The FH7 are tunable, built amazingly and less source and tip dependent while the T800, you'll need the right source, tips/fit and possibly a better cable to make them shine. But the outcome is out standing and I'd take the T800 any day.

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,643 of 5,890
This dude compared some of the hypetrain CHIFIs of different price ranges in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-2963#post-15278978

He has the LZ A6 and T800 at the top of his rankings. Really deserves a Nobel prize for his contributions to CHIFI and Headfi!

I've kept the LZ A6 in my AE wishlist for the longest time, but the lowest I've ever seen it go is $230ish USD, which is not as low as the upcoming 11/11 prices. I'm very happy with the T800, so no push factor for me to pump money for the LZ A6, though it has tuning filters as a plus.
Though this dude and a few folks I asked said the LZ A6 treble may be a bit sibilant and harsher than the T800. I already found the stock T800 at the very border between harshness and brightness for me, so that's a bit of a turn off for me.

There's headfiers that say the LZ A6 mini, (which is much cheaper, has no gain switch and a lesser drivers, and comes with lesser "non essential" filters), is somewhat similar to the LZ A6. U can possibly ask them in the CHIFI thread.
Is that $230 price you've seen after coupons or before? I'm not finding it any cheaper than about $244 in this 11/11 sale. I'm trying to decide between getting the A6 or the A6 Mini + Nicehck Nx7 Pro, but if $244 isn't that great of a deal I might hold off on the A6 for now.

Nov 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,644 of 5,890
Is that $230 price you've seen after coupons or before? I'm not finding it any cheaper than about $244 in this 11/11 sale. I'm trying to decide between getting the A6 or the A6 Mini + Nicehck Nx7 Pro, but if $244 isn't that great of a deal I might hold off on the A6 for now.
I'm also wondering how A6 stand agaisnt the T800s. I'm going to either get A6 or Spring 1 + Nicehck NX7 Pro, so i'm quite hesitant since there's not so many comments about A6 like T800.

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #2,646 of 5,890

I've seen the A6 (non mini) at $238 before coupons in previous sales on AE. Not sure why this sale it isn't cheaper. I have not personally seen it lower than that though.
I think taobao might be cheaper if u wanna take a punt (but u might need to speak chinese to get it there and support might be iffy).

I've seen the A6 Mini at taobao at $56, but AE is > $100 USD.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #2,647 of 5,890
I've seen the A6 (non mini) at $238 before coupons in previous sales on AE. Not sure why this sale it isn't cheaper. I have not personally seen it lower than that though.
I think taobao might be cheaper if u wanna take a punt (but u might need to speak chinese to get it there and support might be iffy).

I've seen the A6 Mini at taobao at $56, but AE is > $100 USD.
Thank you. It makes me feel like
it's not such a great deal, but if I end up really liking the A6 what's a few more dollars, I guess.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #2,648 of 5,890
Thank you. It makes me feel like
it's not such a great deal, but if I end up really liking the A6 what's a few more dollars, I guess.
Actually, the A6 mini is cheaper on Taobao, but the A6 is more expensive there than Aliexpress. I actually pulled the trigger on the A6 using the coupons, which i ended up paying 200 euros in total (around 220 dollars). I will see how it compares to the T800 when it arrives.

P.D: i have forgotten to mention that the A6 on Taobao is at normal price (2100 yuans - 300 dollars).

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #2,651 of 5,890
Going to buy the t800s today.. what are the wait times for shipping like?

Very fast, within the week, they ship with DHL. But Hong Kong is having some protests now, so not sure if it affects anything.
Their customer support on AE is very responsive, so u can always ask them and they will inform u of when they ship it out.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,653 of 5,890
Actually, the A6 mini is cheaper on Taobao, but the A6 is more expensive there than Aliexpress. I actually pulled the trigger on the A6 using the coupons, which i ended up paying 200 euros in total (around 220 dollars). I will see how it compares to the T800 when it arrives.

P.D: i have forgotten to mention that the A6 on Taobao is at normal price (2100 yuans - 300 dollars).
Yeah, I ended up getting the A6 too. Seems like it will suit my preferences really well, based on the descriptions. It's awesome that you also have the T800. That was another one I was seriously considering. They both have incredible performance for their price, according to all the impressions and reviews I've read.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #2,655 of 5,890
I just got mine, thanks everyone for all the advice and as I listen to all my favorite tracks all I have to say at for moment is GOD TIER...

Nice, welcome to the club!
How does T800 compare to your Shure SE846?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back