AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #151 of 5,890
Hey so these come with 2 cables? Both single ended? I have a balanced 4.4mm mmcx already but thinking of getting a "better" one as the one i own is cheapo. Any ideas if these are "better" with silver or copper?
Based on what I can gather from early Chinese reviews, copper cable is better than stock for soundstage and clarity.

Jul 1, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #152 of 5,890
i am waiting for copper cable but the shipping is very slow i don't know what is happening, my second unit will be here after two days and i was thinking to compare them - one with silver plated cable and the other one with pure copper to see if there is any difference but i have to wait more for the copper cables
I hope one day you get your very own measurement rig to check for consistencies and also show everybody the response of iems you try out.

I know you can get an iec compliant couplers on Taobao, and with a decent mic like Crin's, you got your own rig.

Jul 2, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #156 of 5,890
Alright...im just trying to decide if i want to get the 4core **** copper cable, or the silver kinboofi cable, both around 65 bucks. Im not a giant believer in cables making a big difference but i know silver vs copper does change it a tad. Seems Ba i normally see people going for silver. Since i saved 100 bucks figured id treat myself to a nice cable
check out hakuzen's cable list. Lot of useful info: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/
Fiio also has pure silver litz cable for $109 though.

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #157 of 5,890
well i jumped on kanas pro before the hype. was pleasantly surprised. jumped on the dm6 hype train and ended selling them. also purchased ex800st and its close to perfect... but not.
Can you guys share with us what was the the issue with DM6 in more depth? What was different about KPE that you thought was better?

I'm wonder if Fearless is another hype train as well?

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #158 of 5,890
Can you guys share with us what was the the issue with DM6 in more depth? What was different about KPE that you thought was better?

I'm wonder if Fearless is another hype train as well?

from what I remember the DM6 had good speed and pulled lots of the details to the front but the tuning was off for me. some songs sounded great but others sounded dull (especially female vocals). it had decent mid bass but lacking in subbass that a good dd can produce. now kpe is slower and less detail but sounded more musical/lively and subbass that made me smile.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #159 of 5,890
from what I remember the DM6 had good speed and pulled lots of the details to the front but the tuning was off for me. some songs sounded great but others sounded dull (especially female vocals). it had decent mid bass but lacking in subbass that a good dd can produce. now kpe is slower and less detail but sounded more musical/lively and subbass that made me smile.
It is generally true that the speed of the DD driver would be slower than a BA, but DD speed also depends on source, and for KPE, I find it's one of the faster dynamic driver, but it can be due to good amping. KPE has good balance IMO, and that's worth a lot.

Is it just me or KPE bass sounds like Audeze LCD2C bass? A bit diffused? Upper half I'd say like HD650 with it having more meat than something on the thin side like ER4.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #160 of 5,890
It is generally true that the speed of the DD driver would be slower than a BA, but DD speed also depends on source, and for KPE, I find it's one of the faster dynamic driver, but it can be due to good amping. KPE has good balance IMO, and that's worth a lot.

Is it just me or KPE bass sounds like Audeze LCD2C bass? A bit diffused? Upper half I'd say like HD650 with it having more meat than something on the thin side like ER4.

yes on a good source (im using ar-m20) its pretty agile but compared to ex800st its slower. i still love the tuning of kpe but it does have its flaws.

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #164 of 5,890
Edit: But do you think this iem is a upgrade over those iems (200 sub iems ).. I have bgvp dmg and i share same experience like DM6 i dont like the tuning of dmg.. And i hope this iem can beat those high end iems like moondrop a8 and similar high priced iems.. Or come close to it i would be very happy and btw we didnt talk much about the tuning with this iems against other iems.. I have only the bgvp dmg to compare lol

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #165 of 5,890
But do you think this iem is a upgrade over those iems.. I have bgvp dmg and i share same experience like DM6 i dont like the tuning.. And can this iem beat like those high end iems from moondrop a8 and similar high priced iems.. Or come close to it
i think T800 is a upgrade to Kanas pro, it has faster bass, and more holographic soundstage, the imaging is spectacular, for the other in ears i have no idea, never hear the A8 or any BGVP model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back