AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #9,107 of 10,196
Sep 26, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #9,108 of 10,196
I have owned my Nighthawks for almost 3 years, and they are still in perfect shape, and they are still stinky, too!
I guess owning way too many headphones helps me from wearing out any too fast.

+1 on this :joy:

Almost all my headphones are lightly used as they have rest time in between rotation. The exceptions are the ones I have on extended loan to others.

Sep 26, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #9,109 of 10,196
Oct 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #9,110 of 10,196
Hey everyone first time post. I just wanted to give my impressions of the NHC. These things are litterally the bassiest HPs I have ever heard (not a bad thing). I used to be heavy into car audio and the sound signature that the NH remind me of when I swapped my mids and tweeters out in my truck for ultra low distrotion dirvers, zero harshness in the highs and mids. You can keep turning the volume up with almost zero fatigue to the point where you are either going to damage the drivers or make your ears bleed (physical pain).
Just for reference I am powering these balanced off of a Monolith THX AAA DAC/amp. Very clean power and can be on the clinical side with certain HPs.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #9,111 of 10,196
Hey everyone first time post.
Just for reference I am powering these balanced off of a Monolith THX AAA DAC/amp. Very clean power and can be on the clinical side with certain HPs.

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

I power my original NH woodies from a Drop LCX balanced and I love the sound. Sounds like you have a good combination.

Oct 4, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #9,112 of 10,196
Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

I power my original NH woodies from a Drop LCX balanced and I love the sound. Sounds like you have a good combination.

lol my wallet has been hit way to hard over the years between car audio, home theater and HP.

The NH are so easy to power it isn't even funny. I've used them with my schiit magni 3 and now my THX AAA. I really think they just want power to bring out all the bass and mid range they have to offer. The high end is there like really there but with such low distortion drivers its just perceptible till you sit and listen for it.
Between the NH and my LDC2CB idk if I will ever be wanting for anymore HPs.

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #9,113 of 10,196
There's always room for more HPs

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #9,114 of 10,196
There's always room for more HPs

...until there isn't...

headphones-buried.jpg

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #9,116 of 10,196
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #9,118 of 10,196
Is there any difference between the wood NH and the newer Carbon NH besides the color?

They come with different pads and different cables. The wood NH comes with the hybrid pads and two cables, a thin one and a long thick silver one (that has had breakage issues) The carbon comes with two sets of pads (Ultrasuede and Protein Leather) and one short thick rubbery cable with a mic.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #9,119 of 10,196
I first learned about the NightHawks in an Audiophile group on Facebook. They looked interesting so I quickly looked for a pair in the "liquid wood". I have to say, they are without a doubt the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. They sound amazing and are so comfy. I like to wear them when my wife drives but the bar on top makes it a little hard. :o2smile:

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #9,120 of 10,196
I first learned about the NightHawks in an Audiophile group on Facebook. They looked interesting so I quickly looked for a pair in the "liquid wood". I have to say, they are without a doubt the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. They sound amazing and are so comfy. I like to wear them when my wife drives but the bar on top makes it a little hard. :o2smile:

How does the bar on top cause a problem? Are you tall and it is hitting the roof of the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back