AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 7, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #4,921 of 10,196

Does this mean: it's better to wait for the NH carbon available (better cable, better pads, better headband, AND: better sound) !! ??
confused.gif

You were meant to have the new NH Carbon, K P K! 

Other than the cable length shorter than you may want, you should be set to go. AQ must have found the 8' cable was too long for most users and now ship with the new 1.3 meter version. I fortunately sit next to my hp amp and prefer the shorter length of the new cable.

Wishing you the best with your new NH-C!

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #4,923 of 10,196
hey there K P K I come from Germany and have a spare original 3m cable. if your interested pm me :)

Cheers

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #4,927 of 10,196
Over 120 hours, and wow wow wow!! I have them in the office with me today. Can't think of a better sounding headphone under $600 right now. Only headphones I own that are clearly better to my ears are the HE-560 and T1 2nd version.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #4,928 of 10,196
Over 120 hours, and wow wow wow!! I have them in the office with me today. Can't think of a better sounding headphone under $600 right now. Only headphones I own that are clearly better to my ears are the HE-560 and T1 2nd version.

And that's a tonal preference thing. I'd rather listen to NightHawk than HE560. HEX, though... Now that's a different story :wink:

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #4,930 of 10,196
Any idea why the NH don't get any love over at DIY Audio Heaven? I don't think I have read all of the posts, but it looks like most people there hate the NH. I respect the knowledge of the principles on that forum & agree with many of their opinions of amps & such, but not sure if I can follow their advice on HP. I do use a Garage1217  Ember II & like it quite a bit. Just curious.

Kev

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #4,931 of 10,196
  Any idea why the NH don't get any love over at DIY Audio Heaven? I don't think I have read all of the posts, but it looks like most people there hate the NH. I respect the knowledge of the principles on that forum & agree with many of their opinions of amps & such, but not sure if I can follow their advice on HP. I do use a Garage1217  Ember II & like it quite a bit. Just curious.

Kev

If you respect the knowledge and principals there, why are you asking the question here instead of there? Sorry, just saying. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #4,932 of 10,196

I you respect the knowledge and principals there, why are you asking the question here instead of there? Sorry, just saying. 

As I stated, I am just curious if anyone here knows of any reason the prevailing opinion is negative in that community. Just wondering is someone has some insight before I stir things up over there. 

kev

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #4,933 of 10,196
I think you'll find the responses fairly consistent and typical - recessed mid-range, rolled off treble, dark, veiled, blah blah.   I don't know anything about the DIY Audio Heaven site, but if it's an audiophile community, they likely favor brighter, treble heavy headphones that pierce your ears with every micro-detail. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #4,934 of 10,196
  I think you'll find the responses fairly consistent and typical - recessed mid-range, rolled off treble, dark, veiled, blah blah.   I don't know anything about the DIY Audio Heaven site, but if it's an audiophile community, they likely favor brighter, treble heavy headphones that pierce your ears with every micro-detail. 

I'm convinced that literally all the people saying that about the Nighthawks did not let them burn in long enough because that all absolutely changes given the burn in period. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #4,935 of 10,196

Really don't see how anyone can say this about the NH. The mids on this are beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back