AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,276 of 10,196
You're right, let's talk about the NightHawk now! 
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #4,277 of 10,196
Man, we sure are derailing. It's almost as if AudioQuest made the 99 Classics and not Meze. I think they're getting more traffic on this thread than in the 99 Classics that, lol. I guess I'd better split my time between the threads :wink:

Fair point! Back on topic - looking forward to trying the new pads & cable! :grinning:

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #4,278 of 10,196
You guys have piqued my interest in the Mezes, I could do with a pair of cheaper closed backs for when Mrs L gets annoyed by the music spilling out of my NighHawks!

HaHa... I have to put up with the music spilling out of my husband's Stax and Audezes

BTW I cannot wear his Mezes for more than 10 minutes. They clamp my head so hard that it really hurts... and this is with the new larger pads.  Also tore my hair a little when I took them off.  Does not bother him at all.  Maybe others should comment on comfort? Of course if they were mine maybe I could bend the headband.

I am not bothered by any pads or headbands... just clamp.  This Is why I got the Nighthawks and my other favorites include the Senn598 (650 too much clamp) and the Fostex TH500rp.  I have ZMF Vibro (purplewood) coming from Massdrop  and I think they will be fine as I have  no problem with the th50rp mkii

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #4,280 of 10,196
my wallet is gone...

How do you think my wallet is? I only entered the HP game 18 months ago.

Crikey just the tubes in the amp are worth twice the price of the Hawks and I have 16 sets of spares.

Really liking the Vega > Violectric V281 > Hawks combo. V281 is new to me and it is one hell of a amp. Hawks really respond beautifully to it.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #4,281 of 10,196
How do you think my wallet is? I only entered the HP game 18 months ago.

Crikey just the tubes in the amp are worth twice the price of the Hawks and I have 16 sets of spares.

Really liking the Vega > Violectric V281 > Hawks combo. V281 is new to me and it is one hell of a amp. Hawks really respond beautifully to it.

Yeah but we have two crazy people in this house.  But I am done.  The NH have stopped me from investigating other options.  When my ZMF come I will be more than happy... will have more than enough.  Just hope the other person...

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #4,290 of 10,196
Sour beer??? Tonights offering (while listening to nh) :

Aw Yeah, baby. Crooked Stave has a sour brown that tastes more reminiscent of Liefmans if you're familiar with that. From memory, it was better than the New Belgium sour brown. Neither captures the body, richness, or soft mouthfeel of Lindemans, though. It's a real world classic IMHO!

I am an Antonio Meze fan. Agreed. Would be awesome.

Let's get these guys hooked up. Besides AudioQuest, Meze were the other headphones I bought at RMAF. Antonio and Mircea are cool cats!

mbwilson111: It probably just depends on your head and ear shape and amount of hair. I've got smallish ears, narrowish head, and short hair. 99 Classics have just enough clamp to stay on and remain comfortable. Same with Nighthawks for me. Some, like original HiFiMan Edition X, were too big for me when on the smallest setting. That's pretty silly seeing as I'm a 5' 10" guy, lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back