AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #4,261 of 10,196

Hey there,
My Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid cable arrived today :D
As you can see its not particularly low profile but it is very flexible and has a surprisingly 'soft' feel to it.

First sound impression are also very promising. Out of the box I noticed better bass definition and more detail in the highs, compared to the AQ Silver Cable.

I will update on Sound impressions in a week or two... but I can already say I won't regret getting it
:)

Cheers

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #4,262 of 10,196

Hey there,
My Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid cable arrived today
biggrin.gif

As you can see its not particularly low profile but it is very flexible and has a surprisingly 'soft' feel to it.

First sound impression are also very promising. Out of the box I noticed better bass definition and more detail in the highs, compared to the AQ Silver Cable.

I will update on Sound impressions in a week or two... but I can already say I won't regret getting it
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Wow!  That looks beautiful.  I don't dare ask how much it cost.  I have never spent more than £17 for a cable.  I only do it if I  need something shorter or more flexible. Otherwise I just stick with stock.  Pads too.  Probably sounds alien to some of you guys....

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #4,264 of 10,196
mbwilson111

Yeah a year ago I shared your thoughts and would have laughed out at the idea of paying 235€ for a cable...but as they say
'welcome to head-fi, sorry for your wallet' :wink:

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,265 of 10,196
Nov 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #4,267 of 10,196
@mbwilson111

Yeah a year ago I shared your thoughts and would have laughed out at the idea of paying 235€ for a cable...but as they say
'welcome to head-fi, sorry for your wallet'
wink.gif

my wallet is gone...

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #4,268 of 10,196
I'd be a proud member!! Love the 99s.

The club is growing. Nice!

Do you have the new pads for 99C yet? If not, contact Meze customer service and get them ASAP. They really do make a difference!

Thanks for taking a hit for the team dude:)

No problem. It's not a big expense, and I like to help the community or where I can :)

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #4,269 of 10,196
nmatheis, if you haven't yet try the NH balanced. Really makes a difference out of my Jot. Sounds great out of my x7, but really just that much better out if the Jot balanced.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #4,270 of 10,196
mbwilson111

I should be done spending for a while... so I hope :)

Big THANKS nmatheis for making the Pad Shoot Out happen!

didn't I just say I'm done spending?... well that's just pads right? :D

Cheers

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #4,273 of 10,196
You guys have piqued my interest in the Mezes, I could do with a pair of cheaper closed backs for when Mrs L gets annoyed by the music spilling out of my NighHawks!

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #4,275 of 10,196
You guys have piqued my interest in the Mezes, I could do with a pair of cheaper closed backs for when Mrs L gets annoyed by the music spilling out of my NighHawks!

Man, we sure are derailing. It's almost as if AudioQuest made the 99 Classics and not Meze. I think they're getting more traffic on this thread than in the 99 Classics that, lol. I guess I'd better split my time between the threads :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back