AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 957
interesting news- let the speculation begin

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 957
  Okay, I guess I'm going to CES this year.  
smile.gif

Don't get the CES flu this year!

Jim

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #35 of 957

Looks like the NightHawk will be using a modified Fostex dynamic driver.

That's not a bad thing.  Some of the best sounding headphones use similar Fostex drivers.

Can't wait to hear 'em! 
L3000.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #41 of 957
Guys, remember, every time you say you like this headphone and would pay a lot for it, the price of the headphone goes up. So, for the sake of a reasonable price...I'll say: Eeeeeeeww what an ugly headphone. I bet it will suck, I'd pay 200 dollars for it, tops.  
deadhorse.gif

Now it's your turn.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #42 of 957
  Guys, remember, every time you say you like this headphone and would pay a lot for it, the price of the headphone goes up. So, for the sake of a reasonable price...I'll say: Eeeeeeeww what an ugly headphone. I bet it will suck, I'd pay 200 dollars for it, tops.  
deadhorse.gif

Now it's your turn.

The HD800 is the best sounding/ugliest headphone I`ve ever heard/seen, so therefore I`ll assume the Nighthawk, in its beauty, sounds terrible and it would have to be priced at 199.99 or less for me to even consider getting one new.   I`d probably wait until they hit the used market.  

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #44 of 957
Well, they clearly aren't going lame on their included cable for the Nighthawk:

Cables.jpg

The NightHawk Cable

NightHawk benefits from AudioQuest’s 30+ years of experience in the high-performance cable business, including a headphone cable purposefully designed to minimize distortion and provide a deep emotional connection to the music. It uses many of the same ingredients found in our speaker cables and interconnects, including high-purity Solid Perfect-Surface Copper+ conductors, Foamed-Polyethylene insulation, Carbon-Based Noise-Dissipation System (NDS), and silver-plated terminations. We’ve also included a unique 1/4”-to-3.5mm headphone adaptor that, like our finest cable connectors, features a thick Direct-Silver plate over our extreme-purity Red Copper and beryllium-copper base metals, altogether avoiding the sonically harmful brass, nickel, and thin gold flash construction of typical adaptors. Every bit of NightHawk was designed to exude quality, performance, innovation, and beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back