AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Apr 6, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,221 of 2,514
  just followed up with the BC regional mgr:
my local retailer should have them in mid april.

will be interesting to see how these babies sound:
esp on something like the venerable ipod touch
or a current smartphone.

found out that our Cdn telco carriers might not be carrying the LG G5 bang/olufsen
dac/amp module...so just as i planned: this is the perfect substitute.

Nice, we might start seeing these next week if we're being optimistic! It does seem like everything's getting ramped up based on AQ's social media activity...

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,223 of 2,514
  just followed up with the BC regional mgr:
my local retailer should have them in mid april.

will be interesting to see how these babies sound:
esp on something like the venerable ipod touch
or a current smartphone.

found out that our Cdn telco carriers might not be carrying the LG G5 bang/olufsen
dac/amp module...so just as i planned: this is the perfect substitute.

seems prices will be as listed in darko that i earlier posted from his CES show review:
new black US$100  Cdn $150
new turbo red US$200  Cdn $250

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,224 of 2,514
Have I made a mistake recently purchasing a Dragonfly v1.2 at £99 ? Should I have waited for the new Dragonfly Black?

Is the new Dragonfly an improvement in every way, at a lower price ?

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,225 of 2,514
Return it and wait for the Black DF.  That's the expectation - better all around with the big bonus of using much less power, so much less battery drain when attached to a smartphone, which is how I'll be using it.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #2,226 of 2,514
  Return it and wait for the Black DF.  That's the expectation - better all around with the big bonus of using much less power, so much less battery drain when attached to a smartphone, which is how I'll be using it.

Thanks may do, but does it have a corresponding reduction in power it outputs too ? 

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,227 of 2,514
Anyway, I have returned it. May look at the Black at £89.99 or the cheaper HRT dSp.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #2,234 of 2,514
I was worried about the iPhone 7 possibly not having a headphone jack, but the Red (or Black) seems to fix things up well enough. I've already got a CCK cable. The power draw is a bit worrying, though, even at the reduced rate. I'd like to see comparisons between how much the difference in playback time is. If it's still around 30-40 hours on a decent smartphone, I just might pick one of these up when I upgrade.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #2,235 of 2,514
I was worried about the iPhone 7 possibly not having a headphone jack, but the Red (or Black) seems to fix things up well enough. I've already got a CCK cable. The power draw is a bit worrying, though, even at the reduced rate. I'd like to see comparisons between how much the difference in playback time is. If it's still around 30-40 hours on a decent smartphone, I just might pick one of these up when I upgrade.

The thing for everyone to do is to not buy the iPhone 7 if there is no headphone jack. Tell Apple you want the headphone jack back by not buying it. If nobody buys it, Apple will get the message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back